You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

• 3 weeks later...

The way the quality of certain services is being driven down deliberately so they can provide more expensive 'executive/VIP/fast track' services.

I'm thinking airports mainly but it also applies to things like theatres and concerts.

At the airport last week and the standard queue had two staff on for about 100 people. It looked like the queue for the bogs at a chrone' s convention. Right next to it was a 'speed boarding' queue which also had two staff but for about three slippery cunts who's paid the extra 20 quid or whatever.

Then going through towards security we had to walk up and down their labyrinthine and completely unnecessary barriers while fore mentioned shitbags got ushered straight through.

If any of this was a 'new' service then fair enough for charging extra, but these are basics which are being made desirable by the fact what used to be the simple service you've paid for is now deliberately shit.

It's like going to McDonald's for a cheese burger and them saying you can't have the cheese unless you buy the VIP cheese burger. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The way the quality of certain services is being driven down deliberately so they can provide more expensive 'executive/VIP/fast track' services.

I'm thinking airports mainly but it also applies to things like theatres and concerts.

At the airport last week and the standard queue had two staff on for about 100 people. It looked like the queue for the bogs at a chrone' s convention. Right next to it was a 'speed boarding' queue which also had two staff but for about three slippery cunts who's paid the extra 20 quid or whatever.

Then going through towards security we had to walk up and down their labyrinthine and completely unnecessary barriers while fore mentioned shitbags got ushered straight through.

If any of this was a 'new' service then fair enough for charging extra, but these are basics which are being made desirable by the fact what used to be the simple service you've paid for is now deliberately shit.

It's like going to McDonald's for a cheese burger and them saying you can't have the cheese unless you buy the VIP cheese burger. 

And the plane will only take off when everyone has boarded.waste of money.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

And the plane will only take off when everyone has boarded.waste of money.

Completely wrong. The plane leaves when it needs to, they get charged 10s of thousands for being late, they don't hold in if you are even 20 seconds late. I've been caught out before watching people board my plane but being told I was late. I literally could have jogged to catch up. 

Gatwick is especially bad for security checks, incredibly slow. Not surprised at all about the vip boarding, may have glad fully paid for it a few times (not that I think it's justified, I was just desperate to catch my flight) 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Section_31 said:

Just seen this and it reminded me, over Christmas I had a Big Tasty with bacon from McDonald's and they forgot to put the burger in.  Was actually a brilliant bacon sandwich but after a few bites I realised something was up and went to get some low-grade, lukewarm beef added.  Was a little drunk at the time, they still reacted like it was a common occurrence though...

• Like 1