You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

One of our roaming reps who I've met only once forwarded an internal email I sent her to a customer. I was specifically talking about that customer and how they're hard work to deal with so I was pretty pissed off but it was nothing incriminating. I mentioned it to my line manager in case it came back to bite me in the arse (as it made me look unprofessional as id never imagine an internal email would be sent out to a customer) and a a "quiet word" was promised and I thought no more about it.

Got an email from the woman with a forced apology telling me how she'd been dragged over hot coals and was too upset to ring me about it. Apparently my manager escalated this to a disciplinary matter instead of the quiet word. She ended the email essentially calling me a grass which means my reputation will be mud.

Don't think I did a great deal wrong here?

Snitches get stitches

• Upvote 2

Amateurish operations.

I really can't get my head how people can't have a semblance of competence about their business. I don't expect absolutely every facet of society to run with perfect efficiency, but Christ, at least have a go at trying if only for personal pride. I honestly have no idea why people aren't arsed about coming across as an absolute mong.

Yesterday morning, the Sunday league side I'm involved with were thrown into the midst of an absolute shit show. Bearing in mind that we haven't played a game since the beginning of February because of a series of free weeks, cancellations due to Monday pitches and even the farcical situation of the opposition failing to turn up last week ("I thought we had a free week," their manager told our gaffer when he belled him to see where the hell they were), we were understandably eager to finally get back to playing.

The game we identified yesterday was one to get the goal difference up. We're a good side, currently second in the league and have only lost twice all season (the runaway leaders did the double over us; themselves unbeaten), and were more than confident of giving the opposition a good hiding, especially as they lost the previous week 9-0 to a similarly shite team.

Anyway, we turn up and we see that the pitch is shite; a few big fuck off puddles dotted around. Their manager is blatantly not keen to play the game, being pretty adamant that there's nothing he can do and having no interest in a salvage job. Like dickheads, we set about trying to do our best to get the pitch- not even our own one as well- in half-decent nick by digging a few holes to drain some of the water. One of the lads even nipped to the Tesco next door to buy a brush and started sweeping water off the pitch. All the while, their manager is watching us from the touchline with his hands in his pockets.

We manage to do an okay job in the end and started testing the pitch's suitability by bouncing a few balls, finding that while a bit of a cabbage patch, is still playable. Their manager is watching this and then suddenly goes, "I don't know if we'll be able to play this today as I'm a few lads short." We're just not having this and say that eight of his lads turn up, we're playing it as that's the minimum you can start with.

I think in the end they have nine lads there and their manager is clearly not happy, while we're raring to go. Only problem is, the referee hasn't even arsed himself to show up. Quarter past eleven, the soft shite parks up, gets out of his car, has one glance at the pitch and goes, "Nope. Unplayable." We start querying the decision, saying we've bounced balls on it, and then he goes, "Well, put it this way, I haven't got a pair of boots with me, so there's no way it's going ahead." Soft lad then gets in his car and fucks off home, probably heading back to bed.

Complete and utter incompetence from so many. Just unbelievable scenes.

I was on the other end of this scenario one time.

Turned up for away game, the pitch in Maghull was frozen solid, we were 9th or something and the team we were playing were going for the league and one of them horrible teams that have loads of bell ends on the line.

Our goalie refused to play on it, and it got quite heated because obviously they wanted the game to go ahead. The ref sided with us and it kicked off.

We ended up getting chased off in our cars. I was hungover and quite happy with not playing tbf.

• Upvote 1

My dad is 70 this year, to celebrate we decided that my brother and I would pay for all the family to go to Centre Parcs - that was in January. Since then we've been trying to pin my brother and his missus down to a weekend. In that time the cost of the weekend has gone up £300. He's now moaning it's too expensive.

For context his missus is a deputy head, he's got a decent job and they've no kids. We are going in the school hols so she can go on a Friday and not have to leave on the Sunday. My dads birthday is in October so we've shifted everything for them.

Centre Parcs is ridiculously expensive like. We went the other Christmas. I was the fella weeping in the corner thinking he could have gone abroad for half the price. I think it was about the time the 'wacky' entertainment came on stage.

My dad is 70 this year, to celebrate we decided that my brother and I would pay for all the family to go to Centre Parcs - that was in January. Since then we've been trying to pin my brother and his missus down to a weekend. In that time the cost of the weekend has gone up £300. He's now moaning it's too expensive.

For context his missus is a deputy head, he's got a decent job and they've no kids. We are going in the school hols so she can go on a Friday and not have to leave on the Sunday. My dads birthday is in October so we've shifted everything for them.

Centre Parcs is ridiculously expensive like. We went the other Christmas. I was the fella weeping in the corner thinking he could have gone abroad for half the price. I think it was about the time the 'wacky' entertainment came on stage.

I'm going to a Center Parcs in the Netherlands in the easter half term.  It's a fraction of the price of a UK one during the holidays even when you factor in the Eurostar, petrol etc

Just explain it to her. If she understands great. If not, fuck her.

I sent her an email explaining that but she hasn't responded it.  "Hope it does not affect our working relationship"

Your manager is the biggest cunt in this story.

You're the second biggest, but not because of anything you did during this incident.

Can't argue with any of that

You aren't a snitch. Stupid shithouse should never had forwarded a confidential email to a customer which was specifically designed to get you some grief. If she is too thick to realise that she deserves everything she gets. Love it when snides get had off too.

I think it was thickness rather than maliciousness.  I can't think of any other reason she'd send something like that to one of our biggest customers. 

Jesus. It's always the ones that can afford it that make the biggest song and dance about contributing to paying for stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Bureaucracy gets on my tits. The wife of my mate (who has MS) is in hospital and due to the fact his kids work and live a fair distance away I'm looking after him during the day doing housework/cooking etc. His brother then does the night shift after he has left work. Neither of us want paying but the money which his missus is given for being a carer forms a sizeable portion of their household budget so we just want them to carry on getting that. Unfortunately we have to fill in a shit load of paperwork to get the money and obviously give it to them, it's a pain in the fucking arse. 

Going to the cinema. It's fucking shit. Stupidly expensive shit.

£30.27 for 2 adults and a 5 year old.

££21.20 for 3 drinks and something to eat for 3.

And the adults are talking more through the film than the kids!

We always go to the cinema via poundland for sweets, but even at that it's madness paying £20+ to watch a film, once IMO. Maybe I've been accidentally stumbling upon pirated content for too long.

Cost me £35 for me, my missus and my daughter last week to watch Beauty and The Beast. Robbing cunts.

Two more visits and you will have exceeded Danny Dyer's box office returns in this classic.

5. Deviation – £95

Poor old Danny Dyer gets another entry on the list, with a limp thriller about a schizophrenic murderer.

On the upside, in comparison to this Run For Your Wife looks like a hit.

mXMykB0.jpg

Fucking hell, I want to go shopping in a town centre but have absolutely no change for parking. Why cant councils make car parking free for a couple of hours on a weekend to help local businesses? I'll tell you why, they're fucking clueless thats why.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell, I want to go shopping in a town centre but have absolutely no change for parking. Why cant councils make car parking free for a couple of hours on a weekend to help local businesses? I'll tell you why, they're fucking clueless thats why.

Because they are starved of funds and have to claw back some cash in the pettiest of ways,like car parks. Probably have to pay some private company to 'look after' it and only get a percentage out of it in the end.