You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

I'd love to uppercut a cat

I love animals, but have a dark desire to punch a chimp square in the middle of its stupid gurning face. When they do that stupid grinning thing. Cunts. Problem is, they're quite hard so it would have to be chained up, obviously.

Anybody else want to karate chop a budgie, or poke a giant squid in its massive eye?

• Upvote 2

Yeah Hades not keen on my skinning a cat option either.

Fuck all wrong with the idea. The cat tried biological warefare with its dirty,dangerous shit in the garden. Got to gight fire with fire.

I reckon i could take a sloth in a fight so maybe ill go for giving one of them a left hook to the body

It's your own fucking fault for drinking the shite and spending obscene amounts of money on a hot drink you can make at home or work for less than 12 pence.

For someone who has nailed the Barratts home buying generation to a tee you've been brainwashed yourself mate.

I mean, why the fuck would anyone drink coffee instead of tea?

And then spend three fucking quid on the disgusting crap?

Coffee > tea

Last year, the missus went on holiday with her folks, sister and nephews and despite enjoying the break, she found it really tough being with them all 24/7, particularly without me and the means to go off and do her own thing. She told me she'd "never go away with them again, certainly not without you." Lo and behold, her dad booked them all a cottage for a week in Devon. She clearly didn't tell say anything to them and he never asked her if she wanted to go. 

Now, it's a really nice thing for him to have done but he didn't check whether we had any holidays booked or other plans beforehand. Turns out that we're at a wedding a week today and I told them this at the time, more than 6 months ago. She's done absolutely nothing about it; despite me raising it several times since she hasn't told them, hasn't looked at trains and hasn't given any thought to how she might get back from Devon on her own. So last week she decided to take the car and drive herself back on Thursday. It was her decision although I could see she wasn't particularly happy about it. 

Last weekend her parents came over, we had a pleasant enough day as he helped us sort out our garden but just before leaving he took me to one side to ask 'a favour'. He told me I had to let her make up her own mind about the holiday/wedding and that I should make sure she knows that. I told her it was her decision, explained clearly that the wedding (my family) had been known about for over a year and that we'd agreed to go but if she doesn't want to then she doesn't have to but I'll be disappointed. If he'd left at that I would have been a bit cheesed off but OK with it, but nope he just kept going on and on. It was quite clear that whilst he wanted it to be her decision, it had to be the one that he wanted her to make. He told me it was too far for her to drive back on her own - I remarked that she's a 32 year old woman and if she'd shown some foresight then she could have booked a train! Then he started telling me how "it's only a cousin, that's not that important"; clearly a man that isn't close to his wider family whereas I am. Plus he had to pay extra for her to go as they needed a bigger cottage (despite never asking her if she wanted to go). Finally, he resorted to saying he'd be left with no choice but to cut the holiday short and come back with her and his grandsons (7 and 4) would be really disappointed. But it's her decision. I just have to manipulate her on his behalf.

Anyway, I raised it with her that night. Said it's your decision but I don't appreciate the way that your Dad approached me about it. Then it went south. It was all "you hate my Dad", "you've never liked him", "you're over-reacting", etc, etc. Now, I do have a few issues with him and after that I told her what I felt. I'm regretting it  in hindsight but she flew off the handle at me and years of pent up frustration at her Dad resulted in the biggest argument we've probably ever had. He interferes, disagrees with everything I say, is 'Mr DIY' and doesn't trust my judgement on anything, including my profession (he's built a garage so knows more about the construction industry than me). 

Anyway me and herself made up and she's headed off tonight but waited until she was going out of the door to tell me what her decision was. Turns out she spoke to her Dad and he's pretty angry with me for not letting her make her own decision. Which means, she's decided to come back. After the way we fell out I wouldn't blame her if she wanted to stay away for a few more days. I've made myself very unwelcome and I know this will be held against me for a while. 

Despite frustrations with in-laws, I've never had a big problem with them or massive falling out over them. I don't like that they've caused so much tension. I'm not innocent in this but I'm appalled at how he's treating us both and how he's using his grandkids to guilt trip me. 

• Upvote 1

Cat owners, any chance your pet can shit in your garden rather than mine? Rather than volleying the cat, I'll be volleying you.

I had the same issue but could never catch the little fucker! Got some of these and haven't seen any since!

Set of 2 PestBye Ultrasonic Battery Operated Motion Activated Cat Repellent https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FXSU2WK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_h01TxbNJHXY61

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year, the missus went on holiday with her folks, sister and nephews and despite enjoying the break, she found it really tough being with them all 24/7, particularly without me and the means to go off and do her own thing. She told me she'd "never go away with them again, certainly not without you." Lo and behold, her dad booked them all a cottage for a week in Devon. She clearly didn't tell say anything to them and he never asked her if she wanted to go.

Now, it's a really nice thing for him to have done but he didn't check whether we had any holidays booked or other plans beforehand. Turns out that we're at a wedding a week today and I told them this at the time, more than 6 months ago. She's done absolutely nothing about it; despite me raising it several times since she hasn't told them, hasn't looked at trains and hasn't given any thought to how she might get back from Devon on her own. So last week she decided to take the car and drive herself back on Thursday. It was her decision although I could see she wasn't particularly happy about it.

Last weekend her parents came over, we had a pleasant enough day as he helped us sort out our garden but just before leaving he took me to one side to ask 'a favour'. He told me I had to let her make up her own mind about the holiday/wedding and that I should make sure she knows that. I told her it was her decision, explained clearly that the wedding (my family) had been known about for over a year and that we'd agreed to go but if she doesn't want to then she doesn't have to but I'll be disappointed. If he'd left at that I would have been a bit cheesed off but OK with it, but nope he just kept going on and on. It was quite clear that whilst he wanted it to be her decision, it had to be the one that he wanted her to make. He told me it was too far for her to drive back on her own - I remarked that she's a 32 year old woman and if she'd shown some foresight then she could have booked a train! Then he started telling me how "it's only a cousin, that's not that important"; clearly a man that isn't close to his wider family whereas I am. Plus he had to pay extra for her to go as they needed a bigger cottage (despite never asking her if she wanted to go). Finally, he resorted to saying he'd be left with no choice but to cut the holiday short and come back with her and his grandsons (7 and 4) would be really disappointed. But it's her decision. I just have to manipulate her on his behalf.

Anyway, I raised it with her that night. Said it's your decision but I don't appreciate the way that your Dad approached me about it. Then it went south. It was all "you hate my Dad", "you've never liked him", "you're over-reacting", etc, etc. Now, I do have a few issues with him and after that I told her what I felt. I'm regretting it in hindsight but she flew off the handle at me and years of pent up frustration at her Dad resulted in the biggest argument we've probably ever had. He interferes, disagrees with everything I say, is 'Mr DIY' and doesn't trust my judgement on anything, including my profession (he's built a garage so knows more about the construction industry than me).

Anyway me and herself made up and she's headed off tonight but waited until she was going out of the door to tell me what her decision was. Turns out she spoke to her Dad and he's pretty angry with me for not letting her make her own decision. Which means, she's decided to come back. After the way we fell out I wouldn't blame her if she wanted to stay away for a few more days. I've made myself very unwelcome and I know this will be held against me for a while.

Despite frustrations with in-laws, I've never had a big problem with them or massive falling out over them. I don't like that they've caused so much tension. I'm not innocent in this but I'm appalled at how he's treating us both and how he's using his grandkids to guilt trip me.

My brother teeters on the same sort of thing with his other half and her Dad. His future Father in Law doesn't sound like a cunt though.

Yours needs a kicking in the nads.

Anyway, I raised it with her that night. Said it's your decision but I don't appreciate the way that your Dad approached me about it. Then it went south. It was all "you hate my Dad", "you've never liked him", "you're over-reacting", etc, etc. Now, I do have a few issues with him and after that I told her what I felt. I'm regretting it  in hindsight but she flew off the handle at me and years of pent up frustration at her Dad resulted in the biggest argument we've probably ever had. He interferes, disagrees with everything I say, is 'Mr DIY' and doesn't trust my judgement on anything, including my profession (he's built a garage so knows more about the construction industry than me). 

Ever thought of buying him a big dog?