You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The punching above their weight thread.......

Elite

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Hypnosis. It’s the only answer.  

When I was about 24 I went out with a fit younger student. We were walking down Market Street and a bloke said to her ‘You’re too good for him’. He was right. 

Could be worse Rico, I worked on the Xmas market on St George's Hall for my wife , and the next day the girl on the stall opposite says to her ' Your dad's dead funny isnt he ? '

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I imagine it's different if you are gay ?

Aah yeah true. Vlad is definitely a shirt-lifter. Obsessed with me being ex-Navy. Nothing wrong with stabbing the shit like if thats your thing. 

• Upvote 1

On 03/07/2020 at 14:07, Bjornebye said:

2e5f4cd79c0797c40c419cd07cb21492.jpg

I know she's good looking and all, but whenever I see a woman like this - with the cut-and-paste Instagram face - I always think of the Indiannapolis speech from Jaws.

"And the thing about a shark is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes."

• Upvote 5

On 02/07/2020 at 20:55, Section_31 said:

Think it's a dumb confidence thing too.

When I was out as a young lad if I'd seen a proper model type I wouldn't have gone anywhere near her. All the various permutations would go through my mind, "she goes out with a rugby wanker", "deffo not single", "might get a couple of laughs out of her then she'll fuck off." 

With him though, he'd be like "she's just a person, all she can say is no." And if she fucked him off he'd just move on to the next. Have always admired people like that, they never get depressed. 

It's like watching a puppy play with a pair of rolled-up socks, you can't understand what they're thinking but you wish you could be that happy.

Wish I had no fear of rejection or let it bother me so much. Used to bother me for weeks if I got the knock back off someone, especially someone I liked. 

My mate used to get told to fuck off, slapped, called allkinds and have pints poured over his head yet he would still go out and do exactly the same every friday and saturday night until he got a bird back to his house.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wish I had no fear of rejection or let it bother me so much. Used to bother me for weeks if I got the knock back off someone, especially someone I liked. 

My mate used to get told to fuck off, slapped, called allkinds and have pints poured over his head yet he would still go out and do exactly the same every friday and saturday night until he got a bird back to his house.

I've missed some massive open goals looking back, massive.

Saying that though women are complex cats. Say what you want about blokes but we're simple to work out. If a bloke goes up to a bird in a bar he likes her, yeah he might just want a one night stand or whatever, but he likes her.

If a bird makes eyes at a bloke in a pub there could be a million and one things going on, these include wanting to make her boyfriend jealous, wanting to start a mass brawl, wanting to wind her mate up because her mate does actually like you but doesn't have the bottle to look over, or she wants a drink. Her liking you is probably at least eighth down the list. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yeah, you have to admire their resilience. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've missed some massive open goals looking back, massive.

Saying that though women are complex cats. Say what you want about blokes but we're simple to work out. If a bloke goes up to a bird in a bar he likes her, yeah he might just want a one night stand or whatever, but he likes her.

If a bird makes eyes at a bloke in a pub there could be a million and one things going on, these include wanting to make her boyfriend jealous, wanting to start a mass brawl, wanting to wind her mate up because her mate does actually like you but doesn't have the bottle to look over, or she wants a drink. Her liking you is probably at least eighth down the list. 

I worked with some girl who was a bit younger than me. I was really well into her and I literally couldn't get rid of her, she always sat next to me in work and she asked if we could go out. I said yes, but for some reason she brought her mate with her. 

Didn't react to it and we just went out and had a laugh. She then asks if we should go to town on saturday. I said I was going anyway but we could possibly meet up as I was out with my footy team. 

She turned up with her mate about 10 o clock but then copped off with one of the lads I was out with. I went off with her mate and took her back to mine. 

This girl started ignoring me and being funny with me then I started hearing rumours about her dabbling with other lads in work. However, she would still sit next to me just to see if I'd start trying to talk to her. I just completely blanked her, bullet dodged but she seemed so perfectly normal and I really got on with her initially god knows why she brought her mate out on a date.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Spot on mate. Unless you're me. 

Then its about 12th out of pity. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

It’s not about not having a fear of rejection more an acceptance as a bloke you’ll always experience it no matter where on the scale of zero to ten a bird is. 

So why worry about getting blown out by a 10/10 when we’ve all been blown out by a 3/10. 

• Upvote 1

A mate of mine would go up to the fittest bird in the bar as soon as we got there and ask her if she liked English cock. 

As soon as she said no he’s tell her ‘good because I’m Welsh. Can I buy you a drink’. 

That ugly fucker shagged more top totty than all of us bar The Bitch. 

18 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

A mate of mine would go up to the fittest bird in the bar as soon as we got there and ask her if she liked English cock. 

As soon as she said no he’s tell her ‘good because I’m Welsh. Can I buy you a drink’. 

That ugly fucker shagged more top totty than all of us bar The Bitch. 

Woah.........