You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think the video footage of who refused to shake whose hand is inconclusive. From one angle it looks like Suarez, from another, it looks like Evra has lowered his hand to a totally different position than he did when shaking everybody else's hand.

However, one strange thing for me is Evra's reaction. Why grab Suarez's hand and cause such a scene? Why does Evra not instantly complain to the referee? Slowed down footage on Sky shows that his first concern is to bring the alleged lack of handshake to the attention of the Sky cameraman. He points to his hand grabbing Suarez's hand, with his free hand. All the time he is staring at the camera. Then, factor this in with still photographs just after the hand shake incident when Evra has a conniving horrible smirk on his face.

If I was to be cynical, I could suggest that this is the final shot in a calculated character assassination with the opening salvo being Ferguson's "he dives everywhere" shot.

Because he's the good guy, don't you see, lad? He's the incarnate of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the video footage of who refused to shake whose hand is inconclusive. From one angle it looks like Suarez, from another, it looks like Evra has lowered his hand to a totally different position than he did when shaking everybody else's hand.

However, one strange thing for me is Evra's reaction. Why grab Suarez's hand and cause such a scene? Why does Evra not instantly complain to the referee? Slowed down footage on Sky shows that his first concern is to bring the alleged lack of handshake to the attention of the Sky cameraman. He points to his hand grabbing Suarez's hand, with his free hand. All the time he is staring at the camera. Then, factor this in with still photographs just after the hand shake incident when Evra has a conniving horrible smirk on his face.

If I was to be cynical, I could suggest that this is the final shot in a calculated character assassination with the opening salvo being Ferguson's "he dives everywhere" shot.

I think what you say is obvious as hell.

Evra is a devious little shit. We all know that and the media know that too.

Problem is only 1 side is mentioning it.

Thank fuck that went off without any incident. Now we can kick on and push for that all important 4th spot as well as getting into the last 8 of the cup.

We show them despicable cunts far too much respect when we play them but no worries, bigger fish to fry and all that shit . Good run of games to come so onwards and upwards. Wouldn't worry too much about the media phone hacking scum as we have nothing in common with them so why worry what they have to say. Keep up the good fight ladies and gentlemen. It will all be worth it as it always is, Aren't we lucky.

In summary, then, Liverpool and Suarez are evil and bad and stuff, and Man Utd and Evra are ace and lovely.

That is the top and bottom of everything, and everything should be read within that context.

The end.

With a mixture of sadness and anger l think your suggestion is not far from the truth.

I love how Evra tried to claim the moral high ground at first but inevitably exposed himself as the twat he is at half time but particularly at the final whistle. The way he celebrated was just cringeworthy and destroyed any chance of sympathy for him from joe public.

I'm getting sick of all the media saying Suarez snubbed the handshake, but Evra isn't offering his hand. Whilst Suarez could (if he wanted to shake his hand) have made a point of waiting for a handshake, if Evra had declined then Suarez would undoubtedly have been made the villain for rubbing Evra's nonsense in it. Evra needs challenging as to whether he made a genuine attempt to shake hands as it certainly looks like Luis had his hand there to shake

Fuck me, glad that's finally over. It was always going to have something for the media to whip up into a pathetic feeding frenzy at the zoo of English football. A sub-standard performance sadly footballing wise, but at least we knocked them out of the cup a couple of weeks ago, which I will concentrate my mind on for now.

Re the handshake that wasn't, who gives a fuck! Apart from the scum, the media, ferguson/evra (snidey cunts), and every self-appointed fucking knob-head football fan judge in this fucking shite country who follow the media narrative and ferguson's quotes like the fucking sheep most of them are. DO I feel better for writing that? No,not yet, I'm just so pissed off with it all. Don't fucking believe ANYTHING you read in the papers or hear on the tele, it's all bollocks.

That's fine applauding his actions, but I've got quite a few friends and family who are black Liverpool fans who are completely disullisioned with how the club have handled the whole situation. He was found guilty of racially abusing a black player. Suarez claims his words were lost in translation, he had the opportunity today to draw a line under it and move on. He's a fucking tit.

Get to bed soft shite.

I am too bored of this shite.

Not once tonight has any news report actually stopped and thought "Why would Luis Suarez not want to shake Evra's hand?" Not fucking one. Spineless, lap dog, agenda driven wankers. Every fucking one of them. The papers tomorrow will have a field day. I can see it being another 6 months before i read a paper again.

Whatever Ginsoak says - well its basically gospel isn't it, holier than thou cunt. Absolutely disgusting the way every media outlet panders to his every fucking word. Utter, utter cunt of a man.

I will literally dance the day that poisonous cunt is no longer part of football.

i thought and felt the same before kick off! But we were stinkin in the second half and downing should never been selected for a start!!! its fucked up just now!! glad we dont meet them for the rest of the season so we can concentrate on winning some silver ware

What The Fuck?

Fair play to skrtel, agger and pepe doing the captains job today....Thought gerrard did fuck all in terms of his role as captain, which I personally think was a disgrace.

Totally agree with this, Gerrard was a shitbag today when it all kicked off he did nothing, captain be fucked.

No question for me that Suarez ignored Evra but equally no excuse for Evra to try and grab Suarez and make a big thing of it or to fucking celebrate in front of Suarez at the end.

Agreed, Evra made a way bigger drama out of that by grabbing his arm and also at the end. Even thought Ferdinand looked almost bemused the way he jumped onto him too. He just comes across as a fucking drama queen and made things a whole lot more over the top today.

Not even going to comment on 'Sir' Alex and his suggestion that we sell one of our best players. Maybe he's still badly bitter that it's unlikely he'll ever get those 5 CL wins he really craves, or even 6 to pass us.

Strange the way that earlier the BBC footage had the bit you can see now from a bad angle, but also an angle from above where you could see both of them clearly and would've seen Evra not really putting his hand out as much if he didn't, but now there's just the unclear angle. Not really surprising because the BBC are probably just as agenda driven as anyone else, or maybe even moreso seeing as they're the state-funded propaganda machine.

Guest ShoePiss

I'm sure I saw someone on here use the nickname readysalted today and it wasn't silverlining. I'm not sure what made me cringe more, the nailed on smuggness from sl or the other tool using his name.

Pepe Reina, Martin Skrtel, Dirk Kuyt, take a fucking bow.

The way you looked after one of ours today impressed me more than any result could of, fucking men the three of you.

Oh yes and Steven Gerrard , yes you with the captains armband on, that is your job as well, not just stood at the centre circle predicting a coin toss.

I would love the club to start playing the media at their own game. Have all these ridiculous pictures of Suarez around black people, helping an old black lady across the road and similar over the top pics. Show pics of him with his family (some of them are black). Suarez is being pushed out of this country my this media circus. I reckon he will go but if he does decide to stay he needs to play the pathetic media game here unfortunately as the public don't have the intelligence to think logically and just believe what they read and see in papers.

Get someone to interview Hernandez. Ask him why he was not interviewed about the original incident. Ask him whether he ever uses the word and what he thinks of it. Show him proof that he has used it if he denies it.

Ask Ginsoak about Schmeichel and his racism against Wright. Ask him also is drug taking ok (or not going to get tested) but not shaking a hand a disgrace. Is kung fu kicking a fan ok also.

Is acting England manager who has racism history and who's brother is a BNP member ok?

Ask also why Evra can slate South Americans and that is deemed ok.

We are the gimps of the English premiership and we keep being taken out for another bumming. It's time to do something. Not all guns blazing but carefully planned.

I would love the club to start playing the media at their own game. Have all these ridiculous pictures of Suarez around black people, helping an old black lady across the road and similar over the top pics. Show pics of him with his family (some of them are black). Suarez is being pushed out of this country my this media circus. I reckon he will go but if he does decide to stay he needs to play the pathetic media game here unfortunately as the public don't have the intelligence to think logically and just believe what they read and see in papers.

Get someone to interview Hernandez. Ask him why he was not interviewed about the original incident. Ask him whether he ever uses the word and what he thinks of it. Show him proof that he has used it if he denies it.

Ask Ginsoak about Schmeichel and his racism against Wright. Ask him also is drug taking ok (or not going to get tested) but not shaking a hand a disgrace. Is kung fu kicking a fan ok also.

Is acting England manager who has racism history and who's brother is a BNP member ok?

Ask also why Evra can slate South Americans and that is deemed ok.

We are the gimps of the English premiership and we keep being taken out for another bumming. It's time to do something. Not all guns blazing but carefully planned.

I have thought about the Suarez thing. Get him to learn functional English and get him on some of the chat shows, taking a picture of his Grandfather, shit like that. You have to use reverse psychology in the crass, OTT way because it's the only way the cretinous hoards understand.

I would also suggest asking Ferguson about Scholes snubbing Viera's handshake a few years ago. Perhaps it's reasonable to suppose that their might be a racial element there. Also about his staunch defence of Roy Keane after he admitted to trying to cripple an opponent.

Pepe Reina, Martin Skrtel, Dirk Kuyt, take a fucking bow.

The way you looked after one of ours today impressed me more than any result could of, fucking men the three of you.

Oh yes and Steven Gerrard , yes you with the captains armband on, that is your job as well, not just stood at the centre circle predicting a coin toss.

i have criticised kuyt in the past for his ability or lack thereof but for commitment and attitude the guy is a+ every time and that's why he'll always be respected by the fans

it was great to see skrtel, agger and reina defend our man on enemy ground like that

skrtel has grown so much this season, he was also the lad who told evra to get fucked at half-time when he tried to antagonise Suarez again, I like the way Pepe gets stuck in too, during Evra's faux outrage at the non-handshake with Suarez, pepe just gently shoved him in the chest and told him to get on with it, these players are men, we need more of this type, bellamy is another - lads who'll scrap and fight to the last for the club

on top of all that, i'm sad to say of all our squad, only three have performed consistently this season, agger, skrtel, bellamy and enrique and even enrique has faded the last couple of games - that's a shocking hit ratio, 4 out of a squad of 20+.....we need more scrappers and fighters and leaders

reina, skrtel, agger, lucas, bellamy and suarez can't carry the club...they need help, time for others to step up and show some fucking character and grab that fourth spot which is there for the taking, sad thing is i don't think they're up to it

I have thought about the Suarez thing. Get him to learn functional English and get him on some of the chat shows, taking a picture of his Grandfather, shit like that. You have to use reverse psychology in the crass, OTT way because it's the only way the cretinous hoards understand.

I would also suggest asking Ferguson about Scholes snubbing Viera's handshake a few years ago. Perhaps it's reasonable to suppose that their might be a racial element there. Also about his staunch defence of Roy Keane after he admitted to trying to cripple an opponent.

Whatever happens we badly need to change our approach to how we handle just about everything PR wise.

We have fucking shitloads of ammunition we've let go to waste, the huge pile of piss that was the FAs report into Suarez vs Evra, the absolute bullshit hypocrisy from the mancs, the clear fucking agenda being pursued by the media.

But everything we do is through cryptic shots off the bow rather than full blown hits. We can't keep doing that, its fucking pointless.

We can hit back, albeit the press might not portray anything we would say fairly but they couldn't hide from it.

If Ian Ayre sat down tomorrow, gave a press conference and outlined exactly why we've felt so aggrieved at everythings that gone on, the press could not bury that or hide from it. They might spin it to try and make us look bad but our cards would be on the table and that would at least be something better than the constant folding we continue to do.