You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Those suggesting he didn't refuse really are clutching at straws. Even if Evra wasn't offering his hand as open as he was to others Suarez still knows he needed to make the effort to shake it and as all eyes are on him. Evra is a cunt (and he was hoping for this reaction), he has Suarez exactly where he wants him and Suarez has done himself no favours. We have been fucked over with this racism case and we have lost so you just take the beating and move on or fight it properly.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Evra refused his hand and Suarez thinks that it should be said.

We need to get past this shit of not saying what we think, its done us no favours this past few months.

We need to start putting our fucking case out clear as fucking day and stop messing around.

Even if the media don't want to hear it, we have to at the fucking very least try.

Some of the shite on the FF really makes me want to gouge my own eyeballs out. There is an agenda at work here and too many Liverpool fans are seemingly falling for it. Open your eyes you bunch of know-nothing bellends!

Picking Suarez for this match was not about making a statement to the media, or adding to the controversy. The minute we start picking a team to pander to others rather than what WE as a club want to do is the day we might as well just give up. Suarez was far from the problem in the team selection and approach today. His selection was not the reason we didn't perform well today. Being honest, there were 2 or 3 others who looked like they'd sat out the last 2 months.

Suarez was also right not to shake Evra's hand today. If I know I've been wrongfully accused of something by somebody, and that it's had a massive negative impact on my personal or professional life, I'm not going shake their hand in some sort of outward show of bygones simply because everybody else wants me to. Everyone seems to think that by doing so would mean the end of the matter, but clearly the subsequent behaviour of Evra and his manager shows how they had no intention of letting it go anyway. And it has nothing to do with 'showing you're the bigger man'. Suarez would have been bollocked in the media regardless. So fuck them and what they want.

I watched the game and I've seen the GIF, and Evra actually retracted his hand just before Suarez reached him. Suarez then decided not to shake Evra's hand and moved on to Ferdinand, who either ignored him or missed out when Evra started to make a scene. I noticed that every other ManU player DID shake Suarez's hand.

Should Suarez even be at the club? With thinking like that, you must either be a blueshite or a Manc. The only time I would not want Suarez at the club is when he stops trying in training and on the pitch, or if he commits an actual crime that has serious consequences as regards his freedom and/or the lives of others. So far he's done neither, therefore has my backing 110%.

Ferguson's post-match claim that Suarez is a disgrace who should be kicked out of Liverpool is a fucking insult to Suarez, Dalglish and the club - shit-stirring on a monumental level by a cunt of the highest order who knows the media will run with it. Dickheads who pander towards that line of thinking have no earthly reason to be Liverpool fans.

Best thread of the year so far!

I don't think the majority of Liverpool fans are in any doubt that there is a clear agenda going on. We all know the state of the game and how the media plays it's part also. We can't keep moaning about it though as we keep falling foul of it. We need to play the game by towing the line or fight it and make a nuisance of ourselves. The way we are handling things at the moment is getting us nowhere. Jesus, it is just fucking disgraceful the way we keep making the worst possible decisions every time.

nicked those photos from earlier and cobbled them together, looks clear to me...

evrar.jpg

It's not clear at all. Pausing the video at the point where it looks like his hand is going towards Evra doesn't prove anything.

His hand looks to move straight from the mascot to De Gea and in the video it looks like he completely ignored Evra.

Maybe Evra did withdraw his hand, but if Suarez wanted to shake it he could have offered to do so more clearly and then there'd be no doubts about it and we wouldn't have a load more shit flying around.

Suarez knows whether he wanted to shake hands or not, nobody else does.

To me, the whole thing looks like a misunderstanding. Evra clearly takes his hand down, so Luis thinks he doesn't want to shake hands and quickly moves past him. His earlier tweet indicated that aswell. I may be naive, butI don't think Evra planned this, his reacted like like he was beeing snubbed. I think the preassure and stress of the situation caused this more than anything else.

If Luis wanted to shake Evras hand, the club should drive him to manchester tomorrow, with some press, and make a very public handshake. Just to put all this nonsense to bed, once and for all. Then we should call for Ferguson to retract his awful comments.

It needs to be said though, if Suarez thinks Evra was the one doing the snubbing he needs to say it and explain why.

And if he doesn't believe that then the club should finally once and for all go all guns blazing and tell our side of it.

I'm fucking sick of this shit now, we've been hammered from pillar to post now for months and it looks like its about to continue.

All the while we fucking sit there and do nothing like a fucking lame duck. Whats the point in not fighting back and not calmly and reasonably airing our views.

Couldn't care less if Suarez didn't shake hands because he thought Evra was about to refuse or because it was his intention all along. The handshake would have been a completely meaningless gesture and would have resolved absolutely nothing. As usual the media have gone completely overboard and I've not read one comment from a journalist or heard one comment from a tv pundit condemning Evra for kicking off a brawl in the tunnel at half time or making a point of celebrating right in front of Suarez at the end. Can Suarez be charged for not shaking Evra's hand? Will it sounds like a stupid suggestion but nothing would surprise me any more. The only good thing about today is we won't have to face that vile shower again this season. A new low from Ferguson today in suggesting Suarez should never play for us again. Thought Phil Dowd did a good job today of trying to diffuse things and it looked to me like he was more annoyed with the way Evra was acting than Suarez. plenty of other refs would have loved to have found an excuse to send Suarez off today. Can the players now please use this to spur themselves on to do better on the pitch.

From the one video I seen it looked like Evra had his hand down but was raising it when Suarez had already moved onto De Gea. I think Suarez probably would have shook his hand if his hand was up when he came along.

Luis Suarez @luis16suarez

We lost and we are sad because we have made a big effort... Disappointed because everything is not that it seems...

To me, the whole thing looks like a misunderstanding. Evra clearly takes his hand down, so Luis thinks he doesn't want to shake hands and quickly moves past him. His earlier tweet indicated that aswell. I may be naive, butI don't think Evra planned this, his reacted like like he was beeing snubbed. I think the preassure and stress of the situation caused this more than anything else.

If Luis wanted to shake Evras hand, the club should drive him to manchester tomorrow, with some press, and make a very public handshake. Just to put all this nonsense to bed, once and for all. Then we should call for Ferguson to retract his awful comments.

I dont blame Evra or Suarez, I blame the two clubs. They should have talked before the game and made sure there was clear understanding. It looks like neither knew for sure if the other one would shake their hand. Evra approaches it with caution, and as Suarez see he's hand is not fully out, the thinks Evra is snubbing him and moves on, only for Evra to put out his hand. The media got what they wanted which is alot of garbage stories, and both club played their part to give them that

Guest San Don
Originally Posted by silverlining View Post

FA enquiry for not shaking a player's hand?

Fuck off

Is there any substance to this?

If so, are they investigating that piece of shit evra's antics at half time and full time? Are they investigating the tunnel incident at half time and united players allegedly singing 'one racist bastard'?

Are they investigating Dalglish being shoved by what looked like united groundstaff near the tunnel?

I wont hold my breath in case I suffocate though.

I think you're right.

Looking back on it seemed like both intended a quick handshake then both of thought the other was about to snub him and avoiding contact

I think if Luis Suarez is going to do something, he needs to come out and publicly thank his manager.

The backing Kenny has given him is unprecedented and has completely been above, and beyond the call of duty.

Kenny's signings and tactics bore me to tears but after the way he's defended Suarez I now realise how lucky we are to have him. If we sign the right players and have a better management structure the players will walk through fire for him.

Kenny's signings and tactics bore me to tears but after the way he's defended Suarez I now realise how lucky we are to have him. If we sign the right players and have a better management structure the players will walk through fire for him.

Mongiest post of the year that, lad.

I think the video footage of who refused to shake whose hand is inconclusive. From one angle it looks like Suarez, from another, it looks like Evra has lowered his hand to a totally different position than he did when shaking everybody else's hand.

However, one strange thing for me is Evra's reaction. Why grab Suarez's hand and cause such a scene? Why does Evra not instantly complain to the referee? Slowed down footage on Sky shows that his first concern is to bring the alleged lack of handshake to the attention of the Sky cameraman. He points to his hand grabbing Suarez's hand, with his free hand. All the time he is staring at the camera. Then, factor this in with still photographs just after the hand shake incident when Evra has a conniving horrible smirk on his face.

If I was to be cynical, I could suggest that this is the final shot in a calculated character assassination with the opening salvo being Ferguson's "he dives everywhere" shot.

I really couldn't give a shiny shite if he didn't shake that prick's hand. After a good few pints in the pub, I stopped off to to get a portion of chips on my way home and didn't give the thing a second thought. I dare say a few Mancs who were equally horrified about it managed to stifle their shock to force down a few jars and scoff some fried food also.

Life goes on and as Dalglish said, they've got 24 hour news channels to fill.