You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man U fan charged with racial abuse

Marko121

Funny how this hasn't been given blanket coverage. I wonder what Jason Roberts, Piara Power, Paddy Crerrand and all the others that have jumped on the fucking bandwagon think of this. I thought it was only us that are racist.

BBC News - Man Utd fan Howard Hobson accused of racial abuse

Link from iPhone but it's on bbc website if you can't view it

Racial abuse has been going on for years at games and there've been loads of arrests, just hardly ever gets reported in the press. Fans makes comment, another complains, fan gets arrested charged and banned, press dont pick up on it because nobody tells them, and when they look at court listings, all they see is the offence not where it occured.

Shit hits the fan with us as the player involved, for once actually heard the alleged comment and gets upset, so publicity magnifies. Then last week cameras scan the crowd as they want to draw/quarter us not just hang us and and something gets picked up so they're ecstatic.

Press been tipped off on this one and I think the publicity its been given is quiet high to be honest.

If that had happened at Anfield it would be on the front page of every fucking rag in this country for the entire weekend, and how our racist fans support our racist club.

And Sky News would be wanking all over it every 15 minutes.

So how come this story isn't given the same exposure ?

If that had happened at Anfield it would be on the front page of every fucking rag in this country for the entire weekend, and how our racist fans support our racist club.

And Sky News would be wanking all over it every 15 minutes.

So how come this story isn't given the same exposure ?

Because it doesn't contain the word Liverpool.

We are the flavour of the month badguy, so if its another club - it doesn't suit the media's agenda. Infact im willing to bet there's a few hacks who are actively fuming that its Manchester United of all clubs, who have this hanging over them - as its less of a stick to beat us with now. The best way to play it down is to not take notice of it - that way all the focus can be back on us when we play them horrible cunts next weekend, when if anything happens - no matter how small - you can bet the media will be all over us, condemning us for all they are worth.

I'm amazed that the story was even printed - bet auld Bacon Face didn't approve.

Which makes our game against them even more of a Pandora's tinderbox.

Be interesting to see what tactics the shitey press use to try and put a slant on anything that happens to put us in a bad light and uphold the virtuous citizens of fucking Salford.

More than ever, I hope we put it right up the cunts and that Suarez gets the winner.

From a penalty. After being brought down by Evra. And if it eventually costs them the title, well..............

How about going full Code on them?

Since 2008-09 fewest racist chanting arrests made by club supported: Fulham: 0, Man City: 0, Sunderland: 1, Liverpool: 1, Everton: 1

Since 2008-09 most racist chanting arrests made by club supported: Bolton: 7, Spurs: 7, BRFC: 6, Villa: 5, Stoke: 5, MUFC: 5, Chelsea: 4

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/crime/football-arrests-banning-orders/fbo-2009-10?view=Binary

:lol:

I see people are saying on twitter that this shouldn't be used in a tit for tat way. Well fuck off. We've been getting hammered for this shite while aresehole mancs have banners about racists walking alone that they'll no doubt have at OT in 2 weeks. So fuck 'em. At least this may show the hypocrisy of the whole bullshit of one set of fans (any set of fans) trying to take the moral high ground about things like this over others.

Racial abuse has been going on for years at games and there've been loads of arrests, just hardly ever gets reported in the press. Fans makes comment, another complains, fan gets arrested charged and banned, press dont pick up on it because nobody tells them, and when they look at court listings, all they see is the offence not where it occured.

Shit hits the fan with us as the player involved, for once actually heard the alleged comment and gets upset, so publicity magnifies. Then last week cameras scan the crowd as they want to draw/quarter us not just hang us and and something gets picked up so they're ecstatic.

Press been tipped off on this one and I think the publicity its been given is quiet high to be honest.

Agree with every word of this. If this had happened at Anfield, the media may or may not have picked up on it more than they have with this - who knows? I can't get too agitated about speculating what would have happened.

Nothing to see here. Move along now.

I see people are saying on twitter that this shouldn't be used in a tit for tat way. Well fuck off. We've been getting hammered for this shite while aresehole mancs have banners about racists walking alone that they'll no doubt have at OT in 2 weeks. So fuck 'em. At least this may show the hypocrisy of the whole bullshit of one set of fans (any set of fans) trying to take the moral high ground about things like this over others.

It's football. It's not a reasoned debate. Why do you think people from some absolute desolate shitholes have been trying to goad us about unemployment for the last 30 years? It's just about point-scoring and has got nothing to do with what goes on in the real world. This is no different.