You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs Match thread - Monday

Guest LFD

Some selection headaches for Dalglish.

Gerrard and Suarez are both fit and available for selection.

But the team won 3-0 the other day without them.

Carroll has had his two best games the last two matches - do we stick with him and hope he kicks on? Or do we pick the best team to win the match?

I'd like to see:

---------------------Reina-----------------------

Johnson-----Skrtel-----------Agger--------Enrique

------------Spearing--------Henderson------------

Kuyt-----------------Gerrard---------------Belamy

----------------------Suarez----------------------

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some selection headaches for Dalglish.

Gerrard and Suarez are both fit and available for selection.

But the team won 3-0 the other day without them.

Carroll has had his two best games the last two matches - do we stick with him and hope he kicks on? Or do we pick the best team to win the match?

I'd like to see:

Looks good to me. Think Adam will start though.

-----------------Pepe------------------

Johnson---Skrtel----Agger----Enrique

-----Stevie--Jay--Henderson----------

Suarez-------Carroll---------Bellamy-----

subs

Doni

Carra

Kelly

Adam

Downing

Maxi

Kuyt

harsh on Kuyt given recent performances but I feel Carroll has to start now he is doing well and Bellamy and Suarez are just fucking quality, would be happy for Adam to be in instead of Henderson too but think Henderson would probably be more suitable for this one

also just looked at the subs I've listed and thats a quality bench

I'd like to see:

Yes, same team for me too. Right flank is an interesting one. I think Kelly is better than Johnson defensively, but Kuyt playing, will allow Johnson more freedom (as he's superior to Kelly going forward). Downing and/or Maxi can come on at some point depending on the scoreline and nature of the game.

--------------------------Reina---------------------

Magic----------Skrtel---------------Agger-----------Enrique

---------------Spearing-------------Adam-----------------

Bellamy------------------Gerrard--------------------Downing

-------------------------Carroll----------------------------

I can understand people wanting Carroll to start - given he is showing his best form here at the moment.

But you would really want to see Adam (given Gerrard can play CM) or Downing start over Suarez?

Edited by LFD

Kelly-------Skrtel---------Agger--------Enrique

------------Spearing-----------

------------Hendo-----------

Bellers-----------------Gerrard---------------Downing

----------------------Carroll----------------------

SUBS: Johnston, Carra, Aurelio, Luis, Kuyt, Adam, Doni... damn, can I take Maxi too?

Kelly keeping Bale in check with help from Bellers. Little Jay sitting tracking the runs. Hendo harassing and giving no time. Downing getting balls onto Carroll's head and Stevie not sitting too deep and running things moving it left to right as space dictates. Carroll with some strong hold up play. And Luis sitting on the bench putting the fear of Fowler up them.

I would have Adam in there for either Hendo or Downing but think he'd give away too many fouls in the middle and not give us width on the left.

I will worry if Adam starts. He couldn't cope with Modric at Spurs and got sent off. Don't want to risk that happening in this game - one we should expect to win given the players we have available.

The ironic thing here, is that Carroll seems to be finding form, but might find himself out of the team due to Suarez' return, front three of Suarez/Bellamy/Carroll would be nice.

I feel the game will be won or lost in midfield, my worry is the likes of Modric and van der Vaart having too much craft for the likes of Adam or Spearing, although Spearing has come on leaps and bounds in that shielding role.

The likes of Gerrard will need to be on top form.

Adam had a nightmare against Tottenham. I am not confident that he won't get sent off again for a stupid tackle. Have to have Jay in to take care of Modric and Stevie in against Parker. Tough one to call up front. I think Kenny starts with Carroll as he's starting to fire. Suarez subbed on for Bellamy with 20 mins to go...

Adam was unlucky to be sent off imho that day, we were horrendous, but the referee gave them absolutely everything that day, that's not to say he influenced the result, but it didn't really help matters.

He only lasted about 20 minutes!

He has his uses does Adam, but I do worry about him defensively still, especially against tricky players like Silva or Modric.

Guest San Don

3 points, a clean sheet (for pepe's bonus!) and another Carroll goal will do nicely. Just need Luis to put an appearance in (not sure he'll start the game) will top the night off nicely!