You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The RBS 6 Nations 2012 thread

Dan

I have been delighted with the efforts this season & the way we have got better with practically every game.

We seem to have the basis of a good team with a relatively young group of players. I am not convinced in certain positions but that can wait for now while I wallow in the cobwebs blowing away from the World Cup debacle.

Also, congratulations to Wales. I can't wait to see how they do with the Southern Hemisphere teams later in the year.

From my point of view the Irish need to do a similar thing that England have done & blood some younger players, while Scotland have some great young players but need to get shut of that annoying tosser, Robinson, before he recreates a scene from 'Scanners' during a game..

Wales were proof that young people can go into a game/tournament with such big pressure and still perform amazingly, England are further proof of that. It just takes patience.

Absolutely delighted, not the best of games but who cares? our 3rd Grand Sla, in 8 years!!!! Lydiate was unreal yesterday, he was like a man posessed. Both he and Cuthbert have been one of the best in the entire tournament and it wouldn't surprise me if either win the player of the tournament.

Brilliant.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

things this 6 nations have told me:

1. Wales need to learn how to ruck. Every time the ball goes down they are diving over it then kneeling or just lying there and then we hear about this great back row that they have. That is fucking illegal which leads me to my next point

2. Joubert is a shithouse ref. Jewed France in the wc final and and yesterday and is consistently inconsistent and seems to just not bother with enforcing some laws. Also has no idea what a scrum is or how to ref one, but that goes for all of them really.

3.France need to let a Schoolboy player coach their team, you pick the best possible team not the 8th best 10 in the country, not poitrenaud who is a soft cock bastard and you do not drop/ sub off the best hooker in the world for some shithouse loreal model wannabe, and if you are rotating Bonnare Harinordoqui and Picamoles make sure that the fresh player gets on the ball in the 10 channel. It seems French people should just not be in charge of anything, especially decisions on the pitch playability

4. If England get shot of Dickson Hartley Ashton, who's only skill seems to be capitalising on others work, and that lump Botha *shudders* then they have a real shot at being a quality side. Whoever becomes manager Rowntree must stay, possibly given more responsibility.

5. Kidney needs to be sent packing. I am a munster man but he is far to loyal to the likes of o Callaghan and Darcy. Tomas o Leary should have been told to fuck off long ago. The stupidity of having no attack coach is clear to see and he needs learn that the answer to every problem is not bringing on ROG.

6. Parisse, Zanni, Grey, Denton and Hogg need to declare themselves a sovereign state and just play together on their own. They would be better off. Poor bastards.

7. Finally can everyone in the media please fuck off about Croft vs Ferris. There is no comparison. There is a reason that croft was behind him on the lions tour, especially seeing as croft was only there because Quinlan was banned. When croft went up to Ravenhill he was destroyed by not only Ferris but was actually dumped into the hoardings by Paddy fucking Wallace. One is the best northern hemisphere 6 going(Dousotuoir is only comp) and the other is a fast(but not faster that SF) lightweight lineout option who wouldn't get into the fucking Scotland team.

Oh and bring back Andy Powell the mad bastard

And breathe..

Ferris is not the best 6 in the Northern Hemisphere, its Dan Lydiate, as proved by his performance yesterday against France, and his performances throughout the world cup and six nations. Fitness permitting the Lions back row will be 2 Welsh flankers and Morgan/Faletau at 8.

Dusautoir isn't a blindside flanker either he's actually an openside but for some reason France have the numbers the other way round.

Ferris is not the best 6 in the Northern Hemisphere, its Dan Lydiate, as proved by his performance yesterday against France, and his performances throughout the world cup and six nations. Fitness permitting the Lions back row will be 2 Welsh flankers and Morgan/Faletau at 8.

Dusautoir isn't a blindside flanker either he's actually an openside but for some reason France have the numbers the other way round.

I see it as either lydiate/ferris warburton and heaslip/morgan. with S O'B going as a cover for 6 and 7.

i still need somebody to explain to me what they are seeing in Faletau. I play 8 and he just looks very mediocre to me. Heaslip, of all the home nations 8s is the more skillful but he isn't in top international form right now and Morgan is a hell of a unit of a runner. Denton may travel as a sub though hes quality. all are better on the ground than Faletau who is distinctly average.

He's a very good player. He had more carries than any other player at the world cup and he also made the most tackles, and didn't miss a single one. Think the thing that best describes Faletau best is something I read about him, it said he was a 21 year old with 16 caps playing like a 31 year old with 80 caps.

Morgan is an useful tool for games which are broken up like the game yesterday because of the weather, that won't be the case in Australia, so Faletau has to be number 1 for me with Morgan on the bench because he's much more controlled and tidy in possession.

If I was picking the Lions form based on the world cup and six nations I would go with:

Kearney, Bowe, Tuilagi, JDavies, North, Farrell, Phillips, Faletau, Warburton, Lydiate, Evans, Gray, A.Jones, Best, Jenkins.

Probably rather biased in Wales' favour but I find it hard to include anyone else in most positions.

Lydiate got player of the tournament, well deserved.

Not saying he didn't have a great tournament but wasn't that a public text-in-your-vote poll. It's a nothing award.

As far as I can remember Masi (the Italian) won the award last year and another Italian (not Parisse) came 2nd in the vote.