You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The RBS 6 Nations 2012 thread

Dan

Enjoyed the England vs Wales game. It wasn't a classic, but I couldn't take my eyes off it.

I thought England played quite well actually, certainly in defense. I also thought it was a try at the end, but could see why it wasn't given as it was close. But Wales deserved their victory, mainly because of that try which was the one bit of brilliance in the match really.

But I think the Englkish replacements changed the game. England were winning and then they brought on Stevens, Youngs and Lawes. All of them were poor and cost England the match. God knows what has happened to Youngs he was brilliant when he first burst on the scene, but now he is looking like a liability. Lawes shouldn't get the ball wripped off him like that which led to the last Wales try and Stevens kept giving away penalties.

But there were positives for England, although the better team won - just.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was never going to be a try with a Scottish official looking at it.

Well done Wales you deserved it.

Wales had a try ruled out against Ireland because no angle of the camera could prove the ball had touched the ground, them the rules mate.

I though Priestland was very poor today, on numerous occasions he could have cost us massively! Williams was my MOTM but Warburton was also fantastic.

Wales had a try ruled out against Ireland because no angle of the camera could prove the ball had touched the ground, them the rules mate.

I though Priestland was very poor today, on numerous occasions he could have cost us massively! Williams was my MOTM but Warburton was also fantastic.

A few years back there was another iffy decision by a Scots ref on a penalty that gave Wales the 5 nations costing England the title. That's all I'm saying.

A few years back there was another iffy decision by a Scots ref on a penalty that gave Wales the 5 nations costing England the title. That's all I'm saying.

Not sure what incident you are referring to tbh, but you can't say todays was a conspiracy ffs, if a try can not be seen how can it be given?!

Not sure what incident you are referring to tbh, but you can't say todays was a conspiracy ffs, if a try can not be seen how can it be given?!

I thought it was pretty clear it was a try.

But I am not too bothered as Wales deserved to win the match IMO.

I thought it was pretty clear it was a try.

But I am not too bothered as Wales deserved to win the match IMO.

Based on what? No camera angle was able to show the ball being touched.

I'm not saying it wasn't I try, but at the same time I won't say it was, the right decision was made. (I said the same when it happened to us against Ireland)

Don't agree with you saying we deserved it tbh, thought England were the better team overall, I'm not complaining though haha.

I'm not saying it wasn't I try, but at the same time I won't say it was, the right decision was made. (I said the same when it happened to us against Ireland)

Don't agree with you saying we deserved it tbh, thought England were the better team overall, I'm not complaining though haha.

We didn't deserve it based on the last 10/15 minutes.

I reckon it probably was a try but no conclusive video footage meant it was never going to be given.

There was one angle where it looked like the player held it up. Then there was another angle where it showed the player ground(ed) the ball. Then there was another angle that showed both, although you couldn't see the grounding as the players were in the way - but what that angle showed was the player was clearly over the try line when the grounding took place and after he was held up.

That is what I saw, but I can see why the fourth official didn't give it as it was the easy decision to say 'not conclusive' even though I think it showed it was a try.

England had patches where they were the better team. But it was fairly even until England made the changes and they made individuals errors that cost them the game and Wales took advantage of those errors.

Edited by LFD

Warburton didn't deserve to not be a winning player today. He was immense.

It was an even game, but probably in the end, just about the right result.

Im English by the way. But my bro moved to Wales 14 years ago, met a local, got married and whacked out 3 sprogs. Hence i like to beat the welsh. But today, they probably shaded it.

Jamie Roberts has it all. Good looking bastard, training to be a doctor, built like a brick shithouse, nice guy and an international rugby player. He must be knee deep in clunge.

And if i had a conscience my drooling over someone ten years my junior would be a problem. He is mighty fine.

More anti English decisions from the refs and TMO....and England were the home team. Simply unbelievable.....

As usual the Welsh are being small time.....as far as I'm concerned Wales didn't win.

Cheating bastards..

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I always thought Wales would win this, and so it turned out. England can be heartened by a mighty defensive performance, whilst Wales still have to ask themselves do they want to be as good as they could be, because I still think they believe a bit too much of their own publicity, they arent all that yet, but they could be, England have a way to go, we knew that, but this welsh team could go and win a World Cup if they want it enough.

More anti English decisions from the refs and TMO....and England were the home team. Simply unbelievable.....

As usual the Welsh are being small time.....as far as I'm concerned Wales didn't win.

Cheating bastards..

Wahhhh, Wahhhh, Wahhh.

Ref gave most things in favour of the attacking side, especially when considering fouls given for players being off their feet in the ruck, both sides were penalised for that when defending but not attacking.