You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The RBS 6 Nations 2012 thread

Dan

Really looking forward to it this year as i reckon anyone can win it.(bar italy)

wales are missing some crucial players for sunday so i reckon Ireland will stuff them although O'Driscoll is a big loss.

France should beat Italy and England should beat scotland.

50 quid back for a 20 quid treble isnt a bad bet.and il be on that.

Outright the odds are

France

11/8

Wales

3/1

Ireland

4/1

England

9/2

Scotland

25/1

Italy

150/1

France at 11/8 is a decent price considering they are at home against England,Ireland and Italy.

Thoughts from the rugby loving GF'ers?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the England line up and the new coach seems to be saying the right things.

About time they got rid of players like Cueto who have been doing nothing for years. Farrell looks exciting and I am glad someone like Strettle gets a chance, as he is a winger who can hurt teams with his pace.

I think France have to be favourites, but they will probably slip up somewhere and I also can't see any team winning the grand slam.

Ireland look good on paper, but they haven't really been playing well for a while and think they'll miss BOD.

France for me I'm afraid. World Cup runners up without hardly trying? Still got a strong squad and should be interesting to see how they develop under new coach Saint André. Ireland runners up, Wales third on account of over a third of our squad being out injured - to the extent that we've had to get Gavin Henson back in. We'll be grand-slamming it again in 2013!

France for me I'm afraid. World Cup runners up without hardly trying? Still got a strong squad and should be interesting to see how they develop under new coach Saint André. Ireland runners up, Wales third on account of over a third of our squad being out injured - to the extent that we've had to get Gavin Henson back in. We'll be grand-slamming it again in 2013!

You think England will be fourth?

I think England will be second, Ireland and Wales battling it out for third and fourth.

England are going to need a herculean turnaround to get anywhere near as good as they were this time last year. A new caretaker coach and sweeping away the 'old guard' is a massive deal. There's some great ball-players in there and new raw talent but I can't see them gelling in time. That said, I think this year's tournament will be very open affair given the WIFE's (Wales, Ireland, France & England - geddit)? exertions in and since the World Cup. It could come down to who has home advantage against the other front-runners.

England are going to need a herculean turnaround to get anywhere near as good as they were this time last year. A new caretaker coach and sweeping away the 'old guard' is a massive deal. There's some great ball-players in there and new raw talent but I can't see them gelling in time. That said, I think this year's tournament will be very open affair given the WIFE's (Wales, Ireland, France & England - geddit)? exertions in and since the World Cup. It could come down to who has home advantage against the other front-runners.

When was the last time England finish get in the top three? I genuinely don't know.

It might happen like you say, but I would think with the team they have that new or old coach / players that would be a massive disappointment for them.

Home advantage like you say will be crucial!

fuck him,Id prefare fergus mcfadden in the side,all around he is a better ball player and does more for the team.All keith earls does is score tries.....

oh wait???

No matter who was picked we have a serious test in midfield. McFaddens defense isnt bad but when he is put in at 13 with Darcy (who is in rag order and should have been replaced by McFadden by now) beside him I worry about the mongoloids Wales have in midfield doing damage.would have liked to have seen O'Malley in there personally. Kidney needs to be told he is not munster coach any more. Pickng O'Callaghan over Touhy is Bullshit. I think we will win though regardless with Ferris hospitalising that cunt Warburton.

I think France will get the championship as the have such a good squad, the strength and depth of the back options in particular makes me want to vomit!

Fofana is one to watch this year. Cracking player.

I think we will win though regardless with Ferris hospitalising that cunt Warburton.

Ferris is crap. He did fuck all against Warburton, Faletau and Lydiate at the world cup. Maybe you should've learnt in the world cup thread that making outrageous predictions like Ireland beating Wales doesn't end well for your lot.

My Six Nations prediction:

1. Cymru

2. Ffrainc

3. Lloegr

4. Iwerddon

5. Yr Alban

6. Yr Eidal

France have the fixtures the right way round this season so should win it, particularly as they have dropped the old managerial set up, which I assume was an 'in joke' that nobody else got.

Think England will be more 'interesting' than successful this season, but am happy that they are at least setting off on a journey that could pay dividends medium/long term rather than keeping the same stodgy elements & trying to grind to success for a season or two.

The easy ride the interim manager is getting by the press is making me chuckle & he won't know what has hit him if we get ' Bannockburned' tonight.