You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When do you feel the most hungry?

Section_31

My appetite is, and always has been fucked up. My guts are always shocking in the morning so, even though I'll eat something light - I don't enjoy it and it's something of a chore. Even at dinnertime I don't really enjoy what I'm eating, although if I don't eat I start feeling like I'm going to spew.

But between around 3-5pm every day I could eat a horse, same again in early evening - even though it's a bad idea sleepwise etc, I usually have something to eat between 8-10pm, toast etc or a sandwich or something.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My appetite is, and always has been fucked up. My guts are always shocking in the morning so, even though I'll eat something light - I don't enjoy it and it's something of a chore. Even at dinnertime I don't really enjoy what I'm eating, although if I don't eat I start feeling like I'm going to spew.

But between around 3-5pm every day I could eat a horse, same again in early evening - even though it's a bad idea sleepwise etc, I usually have something to eat between 8-10pm, toast etc or a sandwich or something.

You have IBS right?

I eat two slices of toast and drink a cup of coffee every weekday morning at about 7.45am. I eat a bowl of Heinz tomato soup and a baguette at 1pm. I have a big dinner (curry with rice, chilli with rice, chicken pasta, stir fry, etc.) at about 7pm. It's the same routine every single day that I work. The hungriest point for me is always around 11.45am, but I usually have a cup of coffee around than which will make me forget about my hunger until it's lunch time.

Breakfast I can take or leave. Most days I have something just to stop me picking later on.

I'm usually good for dinner by 11:45, but I usually wait till 12:30. Then I'm fine till tea.

The missus is a bit middle class lardedar and eats late in the evening. I'm famished by 6pm, but usually have to wait till about 7. We compromise on 7 as its about half way between when we would both like to eat. Up to me it would be double egg and chips, white bread at five with a big mug of tea.

I'm fucking starving by 6 though, pretty much have to snack as soon as I get in from work. Cheese is a fucker to snack on, my enemy but also my best friend. Love the fucking stuff and you can guarantee if a block is knocking around I'll eat it in the pre-teatime wait.

Bagel (ooh get me!) for breakfast with a coffee to wash it down. I can usually get through lunch with no food as I work through most days without realising it, but of a night will have a big meal like a lasagne and chips or a curry, before a couple of cups of coffee with a bag of crisps and a penguin. Love penguin biscuits, I'm classy like that.

Never understood those who can't eat in the morning - I can literally get out of bed and start making something to eat without pause (though usually when the toast is in the toaster, that's a good chance to go take a piss)

My hungriest time of the day is usually at around 11, as the energy from breakfast runs out. Snacking on almonds/crackers, having a light lunch and then snacking in the afternoon works well, so I don't have to have such a huge dinner.

I could easily eat a 600g steak at least once a day.

But then I'd have a prostate the size of a mutant coconut.

Curse my old man for being a butcher.

I tend to go for a nice big breakfast when I can.

And normally have a portion control dinner with the missus.

Except for tonight, when it's porterhouse on the BBQ. Maybe without chips though.

Oops the boss has just opened a bottle of red. Better go.

Once it hits 10am I'm yearning for lunch time.

In fact pretty much after 10 am I am always hungry, but if I eat and eat it sticks to me and I balloon in weight. If I didn't play sunday league football I'd look like Bobby Bacala.

Guest Pistonbroke

I don't do breakfast either, light snack at lunch and then always have a big meal around about 6pm with the family. The real hunger always comes around about 9-10pm though and i have to resist the urge to pig out. Maybe if i had breakfast i wouldn't get these late evening urges.

Mid afternoon for me. I'm not the best for making breakfast - usually just a slice of toast. By 12 i'm hungry so i'll have a sandwich for lunch.

It's by 3-4pm that i really get the chocolate urge though. I'm sure if it's habit, drop in energy or genuine hunger that triggers it though. One I have some kind of sugary snack (even just a cuppa and a biscuit) that will do me until 8pm tea time when i'll have my evening meal.

I don't eat breakfast, don't have lunch until about 2PM and like to eat an evening meal around 8 or 9PM.

I eat like a fat slag on night shifts though.

I eat like mad on night shifts many moons ago and put on about 2 stones in a few months.

Or was it those ICI chemicals doing evil things to my digestive system?