You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The only positive maybe is that if his defence team has somehow pulled this off they think theres a good chance he'll be convicted.

Its fucking ridiculous though, this is bad, but if he doesn't even get done for it then people can fuck off with the "theres no conspiracy bollox".

Its not a conspiracy, but its damn well sure double standards and borderline corruption. Money or favours don't need to change hands. Its still fucking corrupt when one person can call another person black cunt, admit it and get away with it because he is who he is.

Its not a conspiracy, but its damn well sure double standards and borderline corruption. Money or favours don't need to change hands. Its still fucking corrupt when one person can call another person black cunt, admit it and get away with it because he is who he is.

The court won't take any notice of 'who he is'. If he's found not guilty it will be because the CPS failed to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt.

domfifield Dominic Fifield Magistrate took into account Chelsea's fixtures, the Euros, pre-season tours and the Olympics in setting trial date

What a joke.

Woodgate & Bowyer weren't given this dispensation, nor was Gerrard.

This is the tail wagging the dog here! Every other aspect of daily life should have to fit in around a court appearance.

This is a joke. I was pretty confident that this case would seriously embarrass the FA and their crusade against racism as it was current. Any delay only makes it easier for them to sweep any possible guilty verdict under the carpet.

In July they will now say that racism has been dealt with 7 months ago following the message sent out with the ban on that shifty foreigner!

The court won't take any notice of 'who he is'. If he's found not guilty it will be because the CPS failed to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt.

We both know the real world doesn't work that way more often than not.

You yourself have said in this thread theres one rule for the rich and another for everyone else.

I've been saying since day one he'd walk away from this as free as a bird and I'm sticking to that, although it does seem strange they've got the trial pushed back to make sure he makes the Euros and the rest of the season so maybe they think hes going to be found guilty. Its more likely just to make sure he can help Chelsea and England.

He shouldn't even be allowed to push the thing back, a common ordinary man wouldn't be allowed that. So it doesn't bode well for a judgement actually going against him.

Don't be so naive Tom! Where you just born yesterday? No matter what a magistrate says publicly about not being influenced by fame/celebrity or whatever, subconsciously it surely makes a difference. Old boys network and such. Deals done and opinions "influenced" in smokey Gentlemens clubs or (ooh er) steamy saunas.

"Money talks, celebrity walks!"

We both know the real world doesn't work that way more often than not.

I don't follow this. What are you saying here?

You yourself have said in this thread theres one rule for the rich and another for everyone else.

In the sense they can afford the best defence counsels and they in turn wield more influence among other things.

I've been saying since day one he'd walk away from this as free as a bird and I'm sticking to that, although it does seem strange they've got the trial pushed back to make sure he makes the Euros and the rest of the season so maybe they think hes going to be found guilty. Its more likely just to make sure he can help Chelsea and England.

You think the courts are in on this? Is that what you are saying here?

He shouldn't even be allowed to push the thing back, a common ordinary man wouldn't be allowed that. So it doesn't bode well for a judgement actually going against him.

It's a money thing. Nothing more and nothing less. Nowt to do with Terry/Chelsea/England and everything to do with £££££££££££.

Edited by Major Tom

Don't be so naive Tom! Where you just born yesterday? No matter what a magistrate says publicly about not being influenced by fame/celebrity or whatever, subconsciously it surely makes a difference. Old boys network and such. Deals done and opinions "influenced" in smokey Gentlemens clubs or (ooh er) steamy saunas.

"Money talks, celebrity walks!"

If this is the case, why was Suarez found guilty?

Where is the FA in all this?

Why are they waiting?

They should be holding another kangaroo court.

Why should Chelsea benefit (assuming having Terry playing is a benefit) from the fact that he's been charged criminally?

The FA's charges are different in nature, as is their burden of proof.

I wonder what they'll do when Terry pleads "no contest" (assuming that plea is available in England)? Or if the crown decide not to proceed at all?

Tom I genuinely wonder do you do this to wind people up.

The reason Suarez was found guilty has been covered a thousand fucking times and it was bullshit...bullshit....bullshit....bullshit.

Now to the Terry thing, I don't think the courts are in on it. I think you're line of reasoning is correct. Money talks. The rich and powerful get what they want more often than not. I think thats corrupt. Corrupt because essentially people pull favours, make deals and do all manner of shit to ensure people like Terry get off. Much of it within the law, some of it probably not.

In any case, I believe Terry will get away with this. I don't think he should. I don't think a common oridnary man would. So hence I think the whole things corrupt.

As I said, it might not be the type of corruption we've all come to know and love. The old pass the brown envelope type of thing. But its still corrupt in my opinion.

Christ an oridinary person wouldn't get their trial moved the way Terry has would they? unless there was some serious exceptional circumstances. Terry's is....ahhhh I've got to play football! How the fuck did he manage that, how the fuck did the courts allow it.

Obviously he has high priced lawyers weaving legal magic, but seriously, I'd love to know the legal grounds for letting him push it back.

:wallbutt: :wallbutt:

Have you not been paying attention the last month?

Saurez was "tried" in a kangaroo court. At least Terry's case is being subjected to a more stringent standard of evidence. The high profile nature of the case in a local magistates court, imo, cannot fail to "influence" the magistrate. He is more used to dealing with local scum/toerags, then suddenly his world is invaded with the mass media that this case will generate.

Christ an oridinary person wouldn't get their trial moved the way Terry has would they? unless there was some serious exceptional circumstances. Terry's is....ahhhh I've got to play football! How the fuck did he manage that, how the fuck did the courts allow it.

Obviously he has high priced lawyers weaving legal magic, but seriously, I'd love to know the legal grounds for letting him push it back.

Court cases get put back ALL the time. Trust me on this one. There is no conspiracy or corruption here, just a racist thug with a lot of money.

:wallbutt: :wallbutt:

Have you not been paying attention the last month?

Saurez was "tried" in a kangaroo court. At least Terry's case is being subjected to a more stringent standard of evidence. The high profile nature of the case in a local magistates court, imo, cannot fail to "influence" the magistrate. He is more used to dealing with local scum/toerags, then suddenly his world is invaded with the mass media that this case will generate.

I give up!

Court cases get put back ALL the time. Trust me on this one. There is no conspiracy or corruption here, just a racist thug with a lot of money.

In fairness thats true. But surely the reasons need to be more than, ahhh I have to play football. I know its his job.

But I go to work every day, would the court put a case off for me because I have to go to work every day. Would they fuck.

In fairness thats true. But surely the reasons need to be more than, ahhh I have to play football. I know its his job.

But I go to work every day, would the court put a case off for me because I have to go to work every day. Would they fuck.

Exactly. The disparity between the rich and poor in this country is an embarrassment.

Put back for 7 months! Do me a favour!

As I said before, the Leeds players and Gerrard had their cases during the season. The only reasons I have seen for putting the case back have been football ones, not legal ones.

I give up!

I wish you would. You're like a sponge MT, just soaking up reasonable arguments by coming back with a child-like "but why?"

Exactly. The disparity between the rich and poor in this country is an embarrassment.

I agree wholeheartedly.

But surely you understand where people are coming from, many people have thought hes going to get off from day one.

All this postponement does is make it look like hes getting an easy time of it.

It doesn't look good basically and will make people like myself, who are admittedly paranoid about everything...even more paranoid.

As gumps said other players have had trials during the season. Why not him?

The Suarez case had nothing to do with money, because it wasn't being dealt with through the normal legal channels (where money often does talk), but through the FA's less-than-watertight procedures. Ones with an abnormally high rate of convictions following a charge, no less. My own personal opinion is that it was partly because of pressure from Lord Ouseley.

He was less than pleased with the comments on how to tackle racist abuse made by Sepp Blatter, and he wanted the FA to show that they are tough on racism. It is known that he threatened to resign from the FA Council if the FA hinted in any way that the Suarez case could be tossed aside through lack of evidence. It is no coincidence that just after his threat to resign, the FA actually laid out their charges against Suarez. How would it have looked if the FA had talked tough on racism with regards to Blatter, only for a key figure from a significant anti-racism campaign group to resign from their council because they were dragging their heels?

After charging Suarez with racial abuse on the flimsiest of evidence, they then tailored their findings to fit their pre-determined guilty verdict. No if or buts. That IS what happened. It helped that Ouseley could freely pass comment to the media despite his conflict of interests as part of the FA. It helped even more that Ouseley could freely pass comment despite having significant involvement with an organisation affiliated to ManU, one of whose players had made the original allegations. The bandwagon against Suarez could only gather strength when respected people like Ouseley said their piece, and it allowed anyone who wanted to run their mouth off without look at the case properly to do so, freely.

The John Terry case has passed to the CPS and means that a possible guilty verdict can only be passed AFTER the facts have been established. Also, the case is sub-judice therefore the media are not allowed to discuss it in the same way as the Suarez case lest they influence proceedings. In the mean time, Terry is free to continue playing out the rest of this season and during the summer too. Whether money has talked in this instance I can't say.

Tom I genuinely wonder do you do this to wind people up.

The reason Suarez was found guilty has been covered a thousand fucking times and it was bullshit...bullshit....bullshit....bullshit.

Now to the Terry thing, I don't think the courts are in on it. I think you're line of reasoning is correct. Money talks. The rich and powerful get what they want more often than not. I think thats corrupt. Corrupt because essentially people pull favours, make deals and do all manner of shit to ensure people like Terry get off. Much of it within the law, some of it probably not.

In any case, I believe Terry will get away with this. I don't think he should. I don't think a common oridnary man would. So hence I think the whole things corrupt.

As I said, it might not be the type of corruption we've all come to know and love. The old pass the brown envelope type of thing. But its still corrupt in my opinion.

What a total load of bollocks this is and so far from the truth.

Before writing utter shite maybe you should at least attempt to find out the facts.

For a start it is quite common for a case to be heard at a later than planned,mainly due to the police officers not being able to attend on the date first set.

Another reason for a date being moved is due to witnesses of the accused not being able to attend the court on the date given due to prior commitments or because of work commitments(this only happens if A,It is a person who has crucial evidence in the case or B,If it is a number of witnesses who would not be able to attend due to work etc).

Chelsea had already written to the judge explaining the problem of witnesses being able to appear due to work commitments until after a specific date.

Terrys witnesses are football players with club and country commitments and would not be able to give evidence till the season was over, and also the euros ,as some of the witnesses would be playing for there country.

Nobody knows how long any witness would be required to attend court for with his case.

It has nothing to do what so ever with brown envelopes or special treatment.

This is why the judge has said he dosent want it seen as he is giving special treatment to Terry,as he knew there would be people jumping to assumptions that he had.

You have proved his reasoning to be right.

Also the FA said from day 1 they wouldnt be hauling Terry in for there investigation until any police case against him was over.

On the other hand, John Terry is likely to get a lot of attention through out the tournament because of this.

Who from? Defo not the English media. They'll be blowing smoke up his arse like they have done since all this shite broke.

Sunday's match will be interesting. I wonder whether Rio will put his England career ahead of his brother because surely if he refuses to shake Terry's hand on Sunday then he won't be playing for England again.

What a total load of bollocks this is and so far from the truth.

Before writing utter shite maybe you should at least attempt to find out the facts.

For a start it is quite common for a case to be heard at a later than planned,mainly due to the police officers not being able to attend on the date first set.

Another reason for a date being moved is due to witnesses of the accused not being able to attend the court on the date given due to prior commitments or because of work commitments(this only happens if A,It is a person who has crucial evidence in the case or B,If it is a number of witnesses who would not be able to attend due to work etc).

Chelsea had already written to the judge explaining the problem of witnesses being able to appear due to work commitments until after a specific date.

Terrys witnesses are football players with club and country commitments and would not be able to give evidence till the season was over, and also the euros ,as some of the witnesses would be playing for there country.

Nobody knows how long any witness would be required to attend court for with his case.

It has nothing to do what so ever with brown envelopes or special treatment.

This is why the judge has said he dosent want it seen as he is giving special treatment to Terry,as he knew there would be people jumping to assumptions that he had.

You have proved his reasoning to be right.

Also the FA said from day 1 they wouldnt be hauling Terry in for there investigation until any police case against him was over.

You say I'm chatting bollox and then go ahead and ignore the points I've made.

I agreed with Tom. Cases do get moved.

But I don't give a fuck what commitments Terry or others have. Would me or any of my witnesses in my case after worry about their work or other commitments

Genuine question?

Would trials be moved because of peoples jobs if they weren't footballers? If I was a bricklayer and Witness XYZ was a carpenter. Would trials be moved because one of us has work commitments? If so, fair enough.

As for the bit in bold, everyone knows that. I havn't made any suggestion otherwise, or that thats wrong. Its the FA's own law.