You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

Looks like the 'respect' campaign is suspended until Monday then. How rooney can petulantly throw the ball like that as well as the constant fits at the ref in that first half and not get a card is crazy.

Webb has been really bad in that half.

Right, all this talk about Newcastle finding value versus Liverpool wasting a fortune actually boils down to the following:

Newcastle are playing like a side with no expectations heaped upon them. No-one has seriously talked about them as having to try and compete for a Champions League place. If they secure a European place this season, they'll consider it a bonus. They can play with the pressure off, and it makes players better able to express themselves. That (the situation, rather than specifically Newcastle the club itself) is actually the ideal environment for players to settle into this league and show what they're capable of. Players like Ba, Tiote and Cabaye have looked good because they are very good players, but importantly, they've been able to get on with playing without the expectancy that you find at a club like Liverpool.

When Kenny took over last season, bar the first month or so, that scenario was exactly what happened at Liverpool. It is a key reason as to why they seemed better able to express themselves, why they were scoring for fun at times, and why they've found the going tougher this season. There is an expectancy back at Liverpool which had disappeared during Hodgson's reign.

A lot of the players we've signed perhaps haven't looked as effective as those at Newcastle because they've all come to Liverpool from an environment with far fewer expectations than at Liverpool. Like it or not, regardless of how much they cost, that is a massive thing to have to get used to. They all know Liverpool is a massive club, but they've all been taken aback by the scale of the club and the expectancy that comes with it.

So anyone assuming that the likes of Ba or Cabaye would have had exactly the same impact had we got to them first, is living in cloud cuckoo land. It doesn't work like that.

I think that is fair comment if you believe that Adam is a better player than Cabaye, Carroll is a better player than Ba. i dont think is necessarily true and not something i would agree with.

Evra is fucking shit isn't he? I'd be tempted to play Bellamy on the right against him when we play them. He'd rip him to pieces.

I'm thinking 4-3-3 is the way for us to go, have Bellamy and Suarez interchanging either side of Carroll and both fullbacks will be shitting kittens

I think that is fair comment if you believe that Adam is a better player than Cabaye, Carroll is a better player than Ba. i dont think is necessarily true and not something i would agree with.

Nope, and at no point above did I infer as to whether I think Adam or Cabaye is the better player, for example. You've inferred that from what I wrote. All I said was that some players - while actually being good players anyway - look better elsewhere than their equivalents have been perceived to look at Liverpool, simply because they are able to play with a freedom that comes from lower/no expectations. Players at Liverpool aren't afforded that luxury. Some players will thrive when more is expected of them, but for the most part it will take them some time to get used to it. As I said earlier, hypothetically we could have signed Cabaye instead of Adam but there is no guarantee that he would have looked the same as he has at Newcastle if he'd signed for us instead. Adam could have gone to Newcastle and stood out more than he has here. The difference is in expectation levels.

A draw would be nice, but I'd take a chavs win over a scum win even if it makes 4th tougher...

Webb is a joke, some of the yellow cards produced and not produced really baffles... A lot of soft fouls for the scum in the end, expect the 12th man to step forward in the 2nd half