You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Altintop is 29 isn't he?

Hes being sarcastic, I hope. Dont see why, we saw where overpaying for youngsters got us. At 2m depending on wages he could be a great replacement for Kuyt/Maxi, Ive always been impressed by him. Underrated player.

was absolutely gash for Hull and has been seemingly everywhere but AZ in a league known for shit strikers getting a bucketload

Definately a wild card, but he seems to have picked up some form this last season, he is still young, got some speed and physique, and would probably command a small transfer fee and low wages. I think it could be a worthwhile risk if he could be bought in the region of 3-4 million£.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Hes being sarcastic, I hope. Dont see why, we saw where overpaying for youngsters got us. At 2m depending on wages he could be a great replacement for Kuyt/Maxi, Ive always been impressed by him. Underrated player.

Well, we saw what overpaying for the wrong young talent gets us.

Apparently we are interested in Altintop from Real Madrid and Krasic from Juventus at 2 mill and 10 mill respectively. Good value both of those.

Unless Krasic is on paltry wages 10 million is not very good value for him, in my opinion. Won't track back, according to his current manager, and it's not like he's Ronaldo going forward to justify it.

Now Altintop for 2 million? That actually is a pretty good value, if he'd be happy to sit on the bench. Cover for CM and fullback? An Aurelio replacement, perhaps. I don't think that would be the worst thing in the world, especially with only Enrique and young Robinson at LB.

I am sick of square pegs in round holes and would much prefer if we just bought a right winger to play on the right wing. Simples. Fulham appear as though they are about to land quite a coup - Luciano Narsingh and Oussama Assaidi from Heerenveen for a combined £10m.

Narsingh has been the top provider of assists in the Eredivisie for the past two seasons and is the main reason Bas Dost has been banging in goals so regularly. He has good acceleration over the first few yards, great balance which allows him to wriggle away from players by changing direction quickly but most of all he is fantastic at picking out players in the box. He has been called up to the provisional Dutch squad for Euro 2012 and looks great value at that price particularly as he is only 21. Exactly the type of player we should be taking a chance on. Imagine a winger who took on full backs and provided an excellent delivery.

Oussama Assaidi is very skillful too and is a full international for Morocco - great bit of business by Jol if he pulls it off.

[YOUTUBE]qMTe-Z4WEG0[/YOUTUBE]

This guy does look good, other than what you said, this chap was timing his runs very well and more importantly make intelligent runs off the opposition line. Something that would be very advantageous in the Premier league!

trying to get a list of players we've been linked with:

luuk de jong

rasmus elm

moussa dembele

darren bent

avid texeira

Junior hoilett

Bojan Krkic

Milos Krasic

Victor Moses

James McCarthy

Gaston Ramirez

Clint Dempsey

Eljero Elia

Yann M'Villa

any more?

The young Barca player Cristian Tello

Unless Krasic is on paltry wages 10 million is not very good value for him, in my opinion. Won't track back, according to his current manager, and it's not like he's Ronaldo going forward to justify it.

Now Altintop for 2 million? That actually is a pretty good value, if he'd be happy to sit on the bench. Cover for CM and fullback? An Aurelio replacement, perhaps. I don't think that would be the worst thing in the world, especially with only Enrique and young Robinson at LB.

On your last bit , seen a lot of people saying about getting a LB in .... i dont see any point in that at all , complete waste of money if we go spending on a LB.

Im sure Enrique will pick up his form again next season ..... even for whatever reason he isnt playing we should just play Johnson there with Kelly at RB like we have done at times .. even Agger if really stretched but obviously would rather him stay in the middle ........... thats not even including Robinson so we are fine there.

trying to get a list of players we've been linked with:

luuk de jong

rasmus elm

moussa dembele

darren bent

avid texeira

Junior hoilett

Bojan Krkic

Milos Krasic

Victor Moses

James McCarthy

Gaston Ramirez

Clint Dempsey

Eljero Elia

Yann M'Villa

any more?

Susaeta.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Is he the Atletico Madrid one? Was class in the final.

Plays for Anderlecht. I think he's good. Been looking at him for quite a while

MatÃ*as Suárez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I linked to him first in this thread:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/107212-hey-kenny-buy-mother-fucker-youtube-thread.html

Guest Numero Veinticinco
nah plays for Anderlecht I think. Had one good season so we'll probably buy him

One good season! I'd say that from 2009, 15, 10 and now 19 goals (plus 15, 7 and 17 assists), is pretty good going.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not saying you're wrong about his ability, but this is Belgium we're talking about here...

If we're classing any of the seasons as good ones, we surely have to judge them all?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Take your point. 13 goals and 8 assists in Europe, too. Want him. Let me have him. Come on. Please.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It can be my birthday and christmas present in one.

I do take your point though, it's a shit league. I'd not buy him on his goals alone. For a wide man, or at least a striker that comes in from the wide, he is quite something. Time to bust the youtubes out.

F5ZJLWPxzwU

And from Argentina:

8vvAyeHtsfE

Fuck it, have another:

OXkoG33pKCs

On your last bit , seen a lot of people saying about getting a LB in .... i dont see any point in that at all , complete waste of money if we go spending on a LB.

Im sure Enrique will pick up his form again next season ..... even for whatever reason he isnt playing we should just play Johnson there with Kelly at RB like we have done at times .. even Agger if really stretched but obviously would rather him stay in the middle ........... thats not even including Robinson so we are fine there.

Spot on. Posted similar yesterday.

We are lucky to have Kelly who can play anywhere across the back.

No need to spend a bean on the de-fence.

One good season! I'd say that from 2009, 15, 10 and now 19 goals (plus 15, 7 and 17 assists), is pretty good going.

31 goals in 107 apps in the Belgian league is pretty average going.

Jovanovic (yep remember him) had a much better record at Standard Liege prior to us signing him.

I'm not saying he's a bad player & won't be potentially a good signing but his record previous to this season (19 goals & 17 assists is very decent) is anything to shout about.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
31 goals in 107 apps in the Belgian league is pretty average going.

Jovanovic (yep remember him) had a much better record at Standard Liege prior to us signing him.

I'm not saying he's a bad player & won't be potentially a good signing but his record previous to this season (19 goals & 17 assists is very decent) is anything to shout about.

Doesn't understand how 19 and 17 is good but 15 and 15 isn't much to shout about, mate?

I mean, we get this line of thinking about Holland, too. You rarely here 'yeah, but Ruud van Nistelrooy scored in Holland'. Nobody really mentions Robben, or Kluivert, or Stam, or Bergkamp, or any of the many players who made it. It's always 'well, Dirk Kuyt' or 'Means nothing because Kalou...'. People said that about the Suarez signing too. He's doing ok. Then there's all the Carroll goals in this league.

We just have to look at their talent, I guess. I actually think I'd prefer him to Hazard. I think he'll do better here.