You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Guest Numero Veinticinco
As I said. 20m to weaken the squad.

I'm looking forward to the 'I was only on a wind up' post in a few months. Either that or the 'yeah, well, Kenny would have won the league this time'.

Maxi, Kuyt and Bellamy gone. You keep pretending only having Borini and yet another cm strengthens the squad.

20m to weaken the squad.

Maxi? Done as a footballer. Period.

Kuyt? Replaced by Borini

Bellamy? 33 years old. Shot knees. He can contribute about a third of our games.

So, the most able player is replaced by a similar player... with more pace, and one usable player is good for 1/3rd of our games.

So, essentially, BBB... You're talking absolute bollocks.

tumblr_m8028tTLUJ1raixy0o1_400.gif

Maxi? Done as a footballer. Period.

Kuyt? Replaced by Borini

Bellamy? 33 years old. Shot knees. He can contribute about a third of our games.

So, the most able player is replaced by a similar player... with more pace, and one usable player is good for 1/3rd of our games.

So, essentially, BBB... You're talking absolute bollocks.

Bellamy, the best team gb player at the Olympics just past. Seemed to play in more than one third of their games too. Puzzling that.

Maxi. Good squad player always popped up with a goal. Likewise Kuyt, who already has two goals to his name this season.

Will Borini be replacing the 25 goals or so those three would bring to the table? Doubtful. No matter what way you want to spin it losing THREE forward players and replacing them with one weakens the squad. Time will tell if the first XI is any better.

We were light in that area last season. And have made it weaker. You want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that's ok, fair enough. Don't expect me to do the same. At the end of the day it'll be Rodgers getting his p45 for this next may.

If these loan rumours are true, and it sounds like they are, then please to God get them done quickly rather than dragging everything out for a couple of weeks.

Dont think it's in our hands to be honest.

Regarding Sahin i dont think anything will happen until Modric is sorted. That's just a guess, and i could be wrong. He's featured alot for Madrid this pre season, but at left back. So they are clearly not planning on using him this season. Though the logical thing i guess would be that they want Modric sorted before they let Sahin leave.

Bellamy, the best team gb player at the Olympics just past. Seemed to play in more than one third of their games too. Puzzling that.

Maxi. Good squad player always popped up with a goal. Likewise Kuyt, who already has two goals to his name this season.

Will Borini be replacing the 25 goals or so those three would bring to the table? Doubtful. No matter what way you want to spin it losing THREE forward players and replacing them with one weakens the squad. Time will tell if the first XI is any better.

We were light in that area last season. And have made it weaker. You want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that's ok, fair enough. Don't expect me to do the same. At the end of the day it'll be Rodgers getting his p45 for this next may.

Are you totally bereft of fucking sense? Maxi cannot play 30 minutes of football. I didn't say 'might not' or 'should not', I've said CAN NOT... He does not have the leg/lungs to play football anymore.

Kuyt is 100% REPLACED.

Bellamy COULD HELP but he's creaking like crazy and wanted to go to Cardiff!

Now, where the fuck were their 25 goals last year, dipshit?

How about waiting until the end of the window before passing verdict. One or two of Dempsey, Walcott and Tello could be coming in.

Hypothetically Dempsey, Walcott and Borini for Bellamy, Kuyt and Maxi. I'd take that any day of the fucking week.

Are you totally bereft of fucking sense? Maxi cannot play 30 minutes of football. I didn't say 'might not' or 'should not', I've said CAN NOT... He does not have the leg/lungs to play football anymore.

?

How many times did he manage this feat last season, how many goals did he score whilst doing so? Wrong again.

Can't figure out if you're just happy to stick your head in the sand or you're related to the championship standard manager.

How many times did he manage this feat last season, how many goals did he score whilst doing so? Wrong again.

Can't figure out if you're just happy to stick your head in the sand or you're related to the championship standard manager.

Wrong? Ha! Did you watch him? Maxi was in needing of subbing around the 30 minute mark EVERY APPEARANCE!

Get your fucking head around it. Rodgers is OUR MANAGER, and he'll be here for a while!

Just to sum up:

Those 25 goals for us last season!

Craig Bellamy - 6 league goals

Maxi - 4 league goals

Kuyt - 2 league goals

--- With some luck, Borini could definitely replace all three of them. Thanks for the ammo, BBB.

Count all their goals instead of twisting it to suit your agenda.

Why do you not want what is best for the club?

Count all their goals instead of twisting it to suit your agenda.

Why do you not want what is best for the club?

I, clearly, want what is best of the club.

You, clearly, do not. You want us spunking 5m a year to someone like Maxi Rodriguez who cannot play football anymore.

FYI ---- IN ALL COMPETITIONS Maxi, Kuyt, and Bellamy scored 20 goals. Craig Bellamy had half of them.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

12 league goals between the three of them last year. 20 goals in all. Borini will not be the only player replacing them. Hope this helps.

Wrong? Ha! Did you watch him? Maxi was in needing of subbing around the 30 minute mark EVERY APPEARANCE!

Get your fucking head around it. Rodgers is OUR MANAGER, and he'll be here for a while!

Funny you're ying that now. Cause I seem to remember the majority saying he was being underused last season.

Twisting the past to suit your agenda. I repeat why do you not want what is best for the club. Are you infact Fudgers?