Quantcast
Summer Transfer Thread 2012 - Page 354 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
llego

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

Latest rumor:

Walcott has fallen out with Arsene and is wanting a quick fix move. LFC to step in with a £16 million bid....

where from?

also considering 15million is whats being touted as bids for RVP at the minute in the same situation, 16million is ridiculous

Stevie G has only plaid in 50% in the last two seasons. Would you sell him?

If someone offered £30m, yes, of course.

If you don't see the logic behind that, then you're not going to enjoy conversing with me, just thought I'd warn you early.

Latest rumor:

Walcott has fallen out with Arsene and is wanting a quick fix move. LFC to step in with a £16 million bid....

16 mil? Don't think he's worth that to be honest.

Good player and all, but not worth that. 10 mil tops.

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Liverpool-FC-could-launch-Theo-Walcott-bid-this-week-201208130007/

Arsenal winger Theo Walcott, who is yet to sign a new contract at the club, will reportedly be the subject of a bid from Liverpool this week.

Walcott, who is out of contract next summer, recently insisted he is not worried about his situation at Emirates Stadium, but he continues to be linked with a number of clubs from the Premier League and across Europe.

Chelsea and Liverpool have been linked with the 23-year-old for some time, while reports in Italy in recent days have suggested Inter Milan are considering a bid for the England international.

According to Metro, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, who last week completed the £15million signing of Joe Allen from Swansea, is keen on adding Walcott to his squad and is expected to make a formal offer this week.

Arsenal are said to fear that following Robin van Persie's recent announcement that he does not plan to sign a new contract, Walcott may follow his captain's lead and look to secure a move away from the club before the end of the month.

It is thought Walcott is settled in north London, but whether his personal demands are met remains to be seen.

Reports earlier this year had suggested the forward, who currently earns around £65,000 a week at Arsenal, was seeking a new £100,000-a-week deal.

The Gunners are said to be unwilling to offer him more than £80,000.

"[Contract talks were] always going to be held back until after the Euros and they continue to talk," Walcott said last month.

"We'll see where it goes.

"My agent and the club will continue to talk and when there is something to know I will get involved."

At time of writing Liverpool are the huge favourites with bookmakers Sky Bet to be Walcott's next club, with the firm making the Merseysiders 5/4 favourites to sign the forward this summer, ahead of Chelsea (10/1), former club Southampton (12/1), and Tottenham (16/1).

Rodwell 12 million.... No wonder 16 is being touted round for Walcott.

Rodwell 12 million.... No wonder 16 is being touted round for Walcott.

Well we know Rodwell's fee was excessive but still think 16 mil is too much for Walcott. Can you honestly see us spending that much on him? Suppose stranger things have happened.

Well we know Rodwell's fee was excessive but still think 16 mil is too much for Walcott. Can you honestly see us spending that much on him? Suppose stranger things have happened.

Here is another question:

Can you see us spending 16million on him with wages around the £100,000 mark?

i think walcott coming would be great, if he costs 16 mill then fine, he is an international and still fairly young. plus he is fast as fuck and we need a fast right winger.... he would compliment our front line brilliantly. we need to act fast.... if there is any chance....

in truth though i cant see them wanting him gone so its all speculation

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd happily let the owners spend 16m on Walcott. If they like they can sell Carroll to cover it. Ta.

If someone offered £30m, yes, of course.

If you don't see the logic behind that, then you're not going to enjoy conversing with me, just thought I'd warn you early.

You realise this forum has become 50% shitter since you joined?

Just thought I'd point that out.

The fee and wages would be huge stumbling blocks in any potential Walcott deal. I just don't see it happening without us selling a couple of players first.

The fee and wages would be huge stumbling blocks in any potential Walcott deal. I just don't see it happening without us selling a couple of players first.

Give him near what Bellamy was making and it would get done.

If you were going to set up a sports website you've got to question why someone would name it Crunch Sports. It's not screaming credible to me

Walcott is on the final year of his contract, so any transfer fee will be below £15m in my opinion, which is a good deal for a player who has scored 24 goals and created 22 in the last 2 seasons and is only 23 years old.

And seeing as we got Aquilani out and Allen in I'd estimate that Allen is on half what Aquilani was, if not less, then you've got Maxi, Kuyt and Bellamy out with only Borini coming in. There should be enough wages there to cover anything Walcott would be asking for.

Maybe you're right that we'll need to move on someone (like Carroll) to fund the Walcott deal, but whoever we sell will still need replacing, so it seems pointless selling Carroll, for example, to fund a Walcott transfer when we'll need to buy a centre forward to replace Carroll aswell.

I think that Walcott has stagnated at Arsenal, and doubt whether he would join a non CL club. I don’t think that the move is right for him, or us.

Carroll is history for me, with no direct replacement needed. I anticipate that we will see Gerrad playing further forward this season with a goal tally to match

The recent stuff on this page isn't credible at all, but both Tony Barrett (hit and miss) and Ben Thornley (spot on) have both mentioned that we are interested in Walcott. He might be unobtainable, who knows, but I believe we are trying to make that happen.

The recent stuff on this page isn't credible at all, but both Tony Barrett (hit and miss) and Ben Thornley (spot on) have both mentioned that we are interested in Walcott. He might be unobtainable, who knows, but I believe we are trying to make that happen.

I'd be surprised if it happens but in most cases I assume the club speaks with the agent first to check the player would be interested before submitting a bid

I'd be surprised if it happens but in most cases I assume the club speaks with the agent first to check the player would be interested before submitting a bid

I'd be surprised as well - all I mean is that it isn't impossible. My mate does legal stuff for a lot of football clubs in London, Arsenal being one of them. As of Friday there was no firm contract offer on the table, that now has approximately ten months to run. Time is a ticking.

And yeah, I doubt we'd make a bid unless we spoke to his agent first.

Carroll is history for me, with no direct replacement needed.

Why not? We only have 2 senior strikers at the moment in Suarez and Borini if you take Carroll out of the equation.

One of them has been banned for long periods over the last 2 seasons and has a habit of picking up silly suspensions and the other one hasn't played over 30 games in a season before, so who knows how he'll react to such a workload, he might start picking up injuries like Torres/Owen or he might tail off towards the end of the season like a lot of young players who aren't used to playing professional football tend to do.