You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Understandably as he was mostly shite, I'd love to know his pass completion when he was playing for us as my stand out memory of Murphy is him giving the ball away in midfield all the time, terrible player.

Danny Murphy was not a terrible footballer at all he had some brilliant aspects to his game,some of his goals were sublime and he turned in some very good performances for us,he went on to play in the premier league for close to a decade not many terrible players do that.

His was the first song I've ever learnt and got to sing it on the Kop.Never forget that

Although in fairness I always remember his hand up of apology for his misplaced passes which seemed to happen quite a bit maybe it's nostalgia then but he was one of them players that stroked the ball into the net never seemed to smash it.Still not even close to a "terrible player"

He was terrible for us I thought bar the odd good game and the odd important goal

dont get me wrong, he carved out a decent career at fulham but that was his level, he failed here, failed at spurs

He played 170 games for us, and was pretty much ever present when we won the cup treble. Saying he failed is a bit harsh I reckon.

Did give the ball away a fair bit, granted, and if he was having a bad game he was absolutely shocking.

Although in fairness I always remember his hand up of apology for his misplaced passes which seemed to happen quite a bit maybe it's nostalgia then but he was one of them players that stroked the ball into the net never seemed to smash it.Still not even close to a "terrible player"

Its all about perspective obviously but when I talk about our players or former players I talk about them from a Liverpool perspective not a Charlton and Fulham perspective.

failed in terms of not being kept on, but that might be down to his hissy fit at rafa getting the job more than anything

terrible, probably too strong but not good enough

Nah, he only had a hissy fit once Rafa told him he was getting sold, or actually had sold him.

Which is a bit small time, but fair enough and understandable I think.

He did well with us though, plenty of games, some crucial goals, won stuff and bagged that bird out of Hollyoakes (fit but slightly square jawed).

Well as much as I have been supportive of Rodgers appointment, he has fucked up over Caroll!

I hope it is his first lesson e.g. people listen to you as Liverpool manager, at Swansea you can spout as much as shite as you want but nobody gives a fuck. Andy Caroll is going to Newcastle, West Ham, and now Fulham either on loan or for £10m, and it is all down to Rodgers comments. Shut the fuck up about players and say nothing.

The Independent is funny, it was £15m yesterday, but we would struggle now they have settled on £10m, so for an England International who had a good championships, who is 23, we would struggle to get £10m for, but Leighton Baines is worth £25m, and Sturridge and Walcott close to £20m!

Was watching the replay of the 08/09 home game vs the Mancs last night on lfctv.

Arbeloa, Alonso, Mascherano, Riera, Benayoun, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Keane, Kuyt, Reina.

Sends shivers down my spine to think what Rafa could have built with last season's money.

Mascherano, fuck me, he was chasing down a backpass to the United keeper after THEIR corner in our box. Just sprinting down the pitch to close them down. Fucking mental, but brilliant. How the fuck did we not sell him for £40m?

Alonso was amazing in that game as well, pass, move, pass, move.

Well as much as I have been supportive of Rodgers appointment, he has fucked up over Caroll!

I hope it is his first lesson e.g. people listen to you as Liverpool manager, at Swansea you can spout as much as shite as you want but nobody gives a fuck. Andy Caroll is going to Newcastle, West Ham, and now Fulham either on loan or for £10m, and it is all down to Rodgers comments. Shut the fuck up about players and say nothing.

The Independent is funny, it was £15m yesterday, but we would struggle now they have settled on £10m, so for an England International who had a good championships, who is 23, we would struggle to get £10m for, but Leighton Baines is worth £25m, and Sturridge and Walcott close to £20m!

I was fairly meh to his appointment but I slowly warmed to it after his opening press conference and then doing a lot of reading up about him. Didn't quite reach an excited level about him being our manager but I was cautiously optimistic. Now I'm having nagging doubts that he's inexperienced, naive and out of his depth. The "exciting player that the fans will love" comment was ill advised, so was his answer to the Carroll question, so was announcing his interest in Sigurdson. Time to shut the gob or at least learn to answer questions without actually answering them.