You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Mr Mourinho hasn't shown any interest in him if he is an exceptional player in the making - why not.

By the way don't get carried away in case he opt's for another club like the Icelandic kid did -but then again you can say he was shite anyway like plenty on here did when he decided we where not good enough.

Is that the same Icelandic kid that wasn't good enough for Reading? Is it that one?

At the end of the day, he is 21 and like most 21 year old players he has the potential to improve. This time last year most Liverpool fans were adamant that Pacheco should be given more playing time, and had he gone to have a good year in Spain and be a target for Spurs we would have said he was a cracking player whom we should not have let go.

Chelsea spent £50m on Torres because that is what they do. One of the best Centre Halves in the world was fucked off by United, so was Forlan, so was that midget for Villareal. It is only an issue because people want it to be an issue so that can complain that little bit more about Rodgers and FSG.

True, but there is good news. Dave deleted a thread earlier and explained that he did so because it was "just a pathetic slanging match". I think we can assume that if this thread turns into one, he'll close and delete it, too.

With that in mind, I'd like to say the following:

Rafael Benitez forced Xabi Alonso out.

Very immature attitude. Everyone knows that Alonso wanted to leave for Madrid and planted the Barry stories in the papers as an excuse, Aquilani was a Purslow buy, and Carragher forced Benitez out because he still secretly loves Everton more than Liverpool.

Mr Mourinho hasn't shown any interest in him if he is an exceptional player in the making - why not.

By the way don't get carried away in case he opt's for another club like the Icelandic kid did -but then again you can say he was shite anyway like plenty on here did when he decided we where not good enough.

Who's getting carried away - I was just pointing out the weakness of your argument about Chelsea letting him go.

I couldn't be arsed if he thinks we're good enough or not - Some foreigner who is so far removed from reality and what we're about making a judgement based mainly on money isn't going to influence how I feel about Liverpool FC.

I'm far too old to be getting "carried away" by this stuff.

10th of July, a big fat zero of players signed.

Top 10:

1. Hank Moody 269 posts

2. WaltonRed 202 posts

3. Funnneeeee 180 posts

4. fowler9 166 posts

5. Whelan 132 posts

6. Unrighteous 125 posts

7. silverlining 104 posts

8. TheHowieLama 99 posts

9. Jairzinho 98 posts

10. kalasoma 87 posts

Wonder if there is a market for any of these?

I like this thread. You're rarely here.

dickie mint is in need of a crisis centre.

dickie, pop a diazepam, just go to the Dr's and say you're all anxious and you need to fly somewhere and need some *mothers little helpers*.

get a tub of them beauties and just take a couple a day.

BORINI dickie, BORINI, see? Fucking outraged you are. I bet you'd have preferred Kalou.

Isnt the Dempsey rumour left since Kenny, same with Gaston Ramirez ?

Too bad about Gaston in my opinion, think he'll become a top player in the right environment.

Yep, think that's when it first started but like I said in the post - someone on SG has been told today that he is being signed tonight.

Anyway Mourinho has never struck me as someone who cares a jot about youth development, he's all about the player at his peak.

That's a good point, and one that can be aimed at Chelsea and Man U. It makes me laugh when they talk about the teams that Ferguson has 'built'. He hasn't built them, he's bought them....ready made players who slot straight in. It's much harder to do it the proper way by integrating players not quite to that level. Circumstances seem to dictate that this is the way LFC will have to operate, so good luck to Mr Rodgers. Borini seems a good start though, judging by the way respected coaches rate him very, very highly - Ancelloti for one.

That's a good point, and one that can be aimed at Chelsea and Man U. It makes me laugh when they talk about the teams that Ferguson has 'built'. He hasn't built them, he's bought them....ready made players who slot straight in. It's much harder to do it the proper way by integrating players not quite to that level. Circumstances seem to dictate that this is the way LFC will have to operate, so good luck to Mr Rodgers. Borini seems a good start though, judging by the way respected coaches rate him very, very highly - Ancelloti for one.

if he was that good why did chelsea and why would roma let him go? seems like we are picking up the scraps. Ok we dont have champs league to offer but lets not start wanking over him yet. i hope we do get him as he is obviously decent but he isn't going to make the difference alone.

for me only 1 man can do that. torben piechnik.

dickie, pop a diazepam, just go to the Dr's and say you're all anxious and you need to fly somewhere and need some *mothers little helpers*.

BORINI dickie, BORINI, see? Fucking outraged you are. I bet you'd have preferred Kalou.

When you get off the train at Lime street in your Candy LFC jersey,cross by the lights(look both ways-be careful) walk the bus stop Jump the 17 it goes right past the ground (ask the driver for Anfield and he will give you a shout).

Horseshit. He may well have paid big money for lots of players, but he very often makes big outlays on young stars of the future, and seen the dividends: Keane, Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Pallister

And he's never been afraid to bring through young players from within: Giggs, Neville, Scholes, Beckham, et al

He very rarely spends huge amounts on well established players at their peak

When you get off the train at Lime street in your Candy LFC jersey,cross by the lights(look both ways-be careful) walk the bus stop Jump the 17 it goes right past the ground (ask the driver for Anfield and he will give you a shout).

fuck all wrong with that shirt

Horseshit. He may well have paid big money for lots of players, but he very often makes big outlays on young stars of the future, and seen the dividends: Keane, Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Pallister

And he's never been afraid to bring through young players from within: Giggs, Neville, Scholes, Beckham, et al

hmm I dunno.... berbatov, veron, stam, cole, barthez, hargreaves, carrick, ferdinand.....

he is a mix of youth development, old guard, talented buys, on-form players, whisky and piss.

Fergie got rid of rossi and pique, I suppose they are also yard dogs?

Chelsea sign Hazard, Marin and will probably spend more dough.

Man U linked with Lucas Moura.

Man City have shit loads more money than anyone.

Arsenal have signed Podolski and that French fella up front.

Yet we want to loan out a £35 million striker and sign Dempsey who will never fit in to Rogers system that he claims to want to play.

I have always backed the Yanks and am made up with Rogers but you have got to seriously fucking question whether we are serious about breaking into the top 4 with decisions like this IF these rumours turn out to be true.

We will slide further behind again.

Borini will be one for the future but FFS thats not what we need right now.

What does huge amounts mean then ?

I'd say he's paid mostly market prices for what he's considered prime players over the years, and it's not been rarely.

Cantona, Ferdinand, Stam, Hargreaves, Carrick, De Gea, Barthez, Van Nistelroy, Berbatov and the list goes on.