Quantcast
Summer Transfer Thread 2012 - Page 219 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
llego

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

Sterling won't be a starter he might be gradually eased in but i dont expect him to play in more than 8 games in total. We will need a winger it just annoys me that we have needed one for about 15 years.

Borini would be good, Dempsey average and Allen would surely only work if we let go of Aquilani and another. were overstaffed in the middle with gerrard, Adam, Lucas, shelvey, Henderson and spearing. Only one of them is a dm so can't see how Allen fits in.

I'm flat out basing my enthusiasm on two things:

1) What I've seen Allen do the previous season

2) Rodgers wants Borini, has worked with him before, and he's a young player. Anything can happen there... and if we're not paying an assload for him, then why not be enthusiastic?

You had me at "I'm flat".

A loan frees up wages which the manager can use to pay players he actually sees fit in his team. Obviously a sale would be better, but that's hard if noone wants to pay decent money.

If we must get rid and cannot sell loan him to someone good ish - Stoke etc - at least the wages will be off the bill and he'd be taking points off our rivals

I'd have thought the same but given he tried to take sterling on loan maybe he sees him as the player to play there?

Even if he does I still wouldn't be happy having a 17 year old left winger as our only right winger.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Maybe unfair on Borini as I've seen next to nothing but his record doesn't look anything more than that of an average player.

My point was that it's a waste of time buying players who are not significantly better than what we have. Would you say either player would noticeably improve us?

Yes, massively. One of the Chelsea forums were going mad when they let him go, and even more mad now us 'bin dippers' are getting him. Two are three are 'looking forward to buying him for 50m in a couple of years'.

Allen is going to be incredible. What we're doing is what clubs like Borussia Dortmund have done. Young, talented players with a big future. I can't wait to see them play for us.

I think Borini will link up superbly well with Suarez - who will finally have somebody on his own wavelength - and Allen will add drive from midfield. I still think we'll need another couple of players and, no injuries, and some luck, but it's looking good.

Yes, massively. One of the Chelsea forums were going mad when they let him go, and even more mad now us 'bin dippers' are getting him. Two are three are 'looking forward to buying him for 50m in a couple of years'.

Allen is going to be incredible. What we're doing is what clubs like Borussia Dortmund have done. Young, talented players with a big future. I can't wait to see them play for us.

I think Borini will link up superbly well with Suarez - who will finally have somebody on his own wavelength - and Allen will add drive from midfield. I still think we'll need another couple of players and, no injuries, and some luck, but it's looking good.

God I hate Chelsea fans. Borini strikes me as very Inzaghi like and if he can be even close to that kind of player then we've found a real gem. His movement is what stands out first of all and then his finishing ability which will surely only improve over the years. He works hard and he actually has a bit of pace about him as well as a good touch and enough skill to evade his man to get a shot away. I really like what I've seen of him and if the 8m rising to 11m is right then I'd pay that without a second thought.

I completely agree with what you're saying regards to the "Dortmund way" and again I agree that Allen would be a fantastic signing for the right price.

I hear we're linked with Ki and Kuba as well. What do you think of them ?

Im really confused. We cannot approach any of Swansea's players (confirmed categorically by their chairman).

So why do we keep getting linked to Joe Allen, Scott Sinclair and the like?

Im really confused. We cannot approach any of Swansea's players (confirmed categorically by their chairman).

So why do we keep getting linked to Joe Allen, Scott Sinclair and the like?

I'd say the player would have to force a move

I'd say the player would have to force a move

There’s also talk that Swansea will be looking to raise a couple of quid. So if they are not against the sale, then we probably stand a very good chance.

If he is going to be play a variant of 433, then I don't think we need an out and out striker, Suarez, Caroll and Bellamy can all play the single role, but unless he sees Sterling and Suso making a big impact this year then we need an attacking right sided player. If you want someone young, Moses, Zaha or the lad from Birmingham whose name escapes me. But get a right fucking forward with pace, for the love of god.

If you don't have any money give Flamini a two year deal, to provide cover because Spearing isn't close to being good enough.

Redmond? Looks a good prospect, a bit like Sterling.

We seem to be signing an Armadillo!

Liverpool Plus ‏@LiverpoolPlus

Amadou Diallo (out of contract at Monaco) is on trial at #LFC Google Translate @JimBoardman @empireofthekop

A graduate from the famous Clairefontaine academy in France, Diallo is a boyhood Reds fan, and hopes to win a place in the reserve team at Anfield, if he can impress in training.

Another boyhood fan!!

Would you honestly say Borini and Allen are average?

He's probably never seen either of them play.

Has anyone actually seen Borini play a match other than on youtube, I haven't so know fuck all about him. Will reserve judgement on him till I see him play a bit, before saying he is what we need and wanking over him or he is shit.

Yep seen him live at least 15 times and what he does off the ball is just as impressive as what he does on the ball (which is very impressive indeed). He's the ideal striker to press and hassle the opposition and have the presence of mind to take advantage of any mistakes. He's pacy, great movement, great finishing ability, basically everything we're calling out for in a striker.

Joe Allen and Borini would be good signings

Dempsey would not

also no point in letting Carroll go anywhere at the minute

still need a right sided forward if Borini to play down the middle of a 4-3-3

Borini mostly played on the right for Roma.

Remember seeing Borini a few times the season before last in the championship, didn't know he was on loan at the time but he looked quality, so much so when they got promoted he was going to be a shoe in for my fantasy footy team, obviously he then went back to Italy.

Maybe unfair on Borini as I've seen next to nothing but his record doesn't look anything more than that of an average player.

My point was that it's a waste of time buying players who are not significantly better than what we have. Would you say either player would noticeably improve us?

It would.

We need decent back up at the least for Suarez and Carroll due to suspension and injury, assuming Carroll stays.

Allen is a huge upgrade on Adam, Spearing and Henderson, and a slight upgrade on Shelvey, whom I think we still have not seen anything resembling what he could be for us.

I think that would be very good business. Then all we really need is a defensive mid and a right winger, assuming the defence stays put.

Borini mostly played on the right for Roma.

Do you think that is where he will play? He does seem to have a bit of pace, whilst not Walcott fast he can shift.

Still think Henderson has something to offer

yep big season for him, but hopefully won't have the pressure of playing nearly every game out of position and hopefully will be playing in a much better side next year