You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

There was a lad in my year in primary school whose ma worked behind the bar in a Social Club, so she always used to stick the McCoy's crisps from her work in his butty box. Unsurprisingly, this kid was the envy of everybody for his superb choice of crispage all year around and attempts at swaps were rebuffed with a derisory sneer. Woe betide the kid who dared to offer him a bag of 10p pickled onion Space Raiders for his flame-grilled steak McCoy's...

I remember having a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles butty box and a Jurassic Park rucksack.

I've come over all nostalgic now!

McCoy's were/are shite.

Pickled Onion Monster Munch.

The Mirror are fucking obsessed with linking our players with a move away, Carroll and Bellamy in tomorrow's edition

To be fair we started it with almost hinting to clubs to come and get Andy. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of truth in Fat Sam wanting Carroll.

Guest davelfc

Liverpool chasing Swansea's Joe Allen | Mail Online

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is ready to return to former club Swansea for Joe Allen.

Despite talk of an agreement preventing Rodgers from buying Swansea players, the Welsh club would listen to reasonable offers for the sake of their financial future.

They value the 22-year-old midfielder at around £10million and Rodgers is hopeful of heading off interest from Tottenham, who are concentrating on Porto and Portugal midfielder Joao Moutinho, 25.

Swansea, who have followed the signing of centre back Jose Manuel Flores from Genoa with the acquisition of attacking midfielder Jonathan de Guzman on a season-long loan from Villarreal, would be loathe to lose Allen but the lure of Liverpool would be difficult to resist.

Meanwhile, Rodgers is also confident Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel will sign new deals.

Rodgers said: 'I met Martin for the first time on Saturday. I am looking forward to working with him, likewise Daniel. 'I had a good feeling after I spoke to him.'

Just to clear all this up. Dinner is your main meal of the day and thus can be either eaten at midday or evening. To complicate things more in middle English diner as it was called meant morning meal as in breakfast. As it means in French(disner) the first big meal of the day usually eaten between 9am and midday. But over the years the main meal of the day became early evening. Lunch is a meal eaten at midday or a meal eaten in the middle of the day. Tea-time is the traditional serving of tea as in late afternoon. As in a cup of tea and maybe biscuits or sandwiches.

Apparently the club are looking to change the badge again before the season starts. Heres a mockup from some guys over at RAWK who've been asked for their opinion by the club:

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Swansea_City_logo.jpg

Stop linking us with the whole fucking Swansea Team, you journo cunts.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Anyway, if Rodgers does secure all three of his (remaining) top targets: Joe Allen, Clint Dempsey and Borini, will everyone be happy with that?

Who says Clint Dempsey is a top target? Ben Smith said it's not happening.

If they're players who the manager feels can improve here then let's see how his ideas develop.

They may not smack of top 4 quality but could well play a part in a rebuilding process that gets us closer to playing CL football.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If they're players who the manager feels can improve here then let's see how his ideas develop.

They may not smack of top 4 quality but could well play a part in a rebuilding process that gets us closer to playing CL football.

I think Borini and Allen are exactly the type of player we should be looking at in our position. It's not going to be as easy as it once was to attract the big named players who have already made to, but Borini and Allen are packed full of potential.

For me, they're very exciting purchases. They're the type of player I was expecting when FSG came in and talked about the sort of player they were looking at; young, potential and value. I think only Coates really fits into that category so far. If Carroll cost 6m, he'd had been in that category too.

Brendan Rodgers is the sort of manager I believe they wanted from the start. Hopefully the wagon gets back on the rails and we start making some headway.

I refuse to believe Rodgers is interested in Dempsey.

I don't even know where it's all coming from. Ben Smith said it's not happening, who said it's happening?

Brendan Rodgers is the sort of manager I believe they wanted from the start.

They were all for a structure that included a DoF (eg.Comolli) which initially ruled out Rodgers.

They talk about long term strategy but seem very much about the short term. I guess that's the nature of a businessman.