You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

The city fans seem to see him as hit and miss some rate him but some would snap our hand off for 15 odd million, he is also already on 80 -90k wages per week. Can't see it happening if I'm honest. Someone posted this on bluemoon.

Efficiency (goals and assists per minute) of Premier League players who played over 900 minutes of football last season:

Player, Team, Minutes player, Goals, Assists, G&Apm

Papiss Cisse Newcastle United 1113 13 2 74.20

Robin van Persie Arsenal 3244 30 12 77.24

Edin Dzeko Manchester City 1499 14 5 78.89

Sergio Aguero Manchester City 2598 23 9 81.19

Wayne Rooney Manchester United 2838 27 5 88.69

Ashley Young Manchester United 1573 6 11 92.53

Adam Johnson Manchester City 1134 6 6 94.50

Mario Balotelli Manchester City 1325 13 1 94.64

Adebayor Tottenham Hotspur 2836 17 12 97.79

Jermain Defoe Tottenham Hotspur 1285 11 2 98.85

But would this be skewed by the fact he comes on and contributes when City are winning comfortably or have worn the opposition down. The consensus is he is less effective when starting games according to their fans. Then again when you have the likes of Toure, Silva and Aguerro you probably don't stand out so much.

Bluemoon-MCFC: Manchester City, Man City • View topic - Adam Johnson discuss.....

Drifts in and out of games. Though I would be happy with the pace he would give us out wide, I think £15m or whatever we would end up paying could be better spent. We have paid enough English tax lately to last us a few years.

None of the english players are good enough IMO, especially not johnson who's a lazy shit who like you said drifts in and out of games.

Yeah, I'd be cautious about Johnson too. Not sure why, just something that suggests to me that he's a bit of a muppet.

Yep my gut instinct says keep clear maybe it's the snobbery of him being from the North east and learning his trade from Downing. Rumored to like a beer and considers himself a bit of a billy big bollocks. He threw a strop and refused to get on the team bus after Mancini gave him some criticism.

I spoke to my mate whose a City ST holder and he rates Johnson, but feels he has suffered most with the attacking talents that City now have at their disposal. He would prefer to see Johnson play more often as he does offer something different and gets to the byline. I think he'd be a good buy for us.

I was expecting it to be some mid table side. The lad's got something about him, would definitely have him as a squaddie. Something that I don't think we need anywhere else on the park but with Kuyt and probably Maxi off, then we'll need 2 or 3 wide players, at least.

If Chelsea are interested it isn't a goer.

I was expecting it to be some mid table side. The lad's got something about him, would definitely have him as a squaddie. Something that I don't think we need anywhere else on the park but with Kuyt and probably Maxi off, then we'll need 2 or 3 wide players, at least.

If Chelsea are interested it isn't a goer.

Sterling is likely to make step up this season, cole will return also

Sterling is likely to make step up this season, cole will return also

I think Cole returning, or staying rather, will depend solely on anyone else willing to take him. The thought of him pressing for any amount of time is comical. Too many fags have took their tole.

I know Rodgers has talked positively about him but I'm not really buying it.

Suarez, Bellamy, Downing & Sterling still leaves us with four though.

If City do buy another winger/attacking mid and Johnson will no longer be needed we should at least try to loan him first, no point in paying 15M (+ hefty wages) on a player a club doesn't really want. And he'll probably want to play for a top team but with United, Chelsea and Spurs already have a lot of players in his position we and Arsenal (doubt it) are only realistical options. That said, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with him but I'd rather we look abroad for cheaper options and with more potential.

Drifts in and out of games. Though I would be happy with the pace he would give us out wide, I think £15m or whatever we would end up paying could be better spent. We have paid enough English tax lately to last us a few years.

I agree.

Honestly, he's just not put in the effort at City and fans have noticed it.

It's one thing to be on MOTD and having 2-3 runs shown making him look ok, but when you see the entire match, he's lacking.

It MIGHT be because City have a fair few flair players already and he's outshone / outranked by them, but I don't think it's that. He drifts out of games as you say, and rather than come and get the ball and get back into the game, we waits for the game to come to him.

He's also not good with a right back who comes forward (like Richards, or Johnson in your case), it's as if he feels his own role is encroached upon.

15m? not worth it. Worth 8 or 9 as he is now, and maybe 10 - 12 if you fancied a punt on him improving more in another team.

There are also some 'questions' on his off field lifestyle. Nothing major, but enough to need to be told to reign it in a bit...

I think the majority of City fans like him, but accept he's not doing enough and it's time to go.