You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

That's a problem that cannot be solved by any one tool. Like all complex problems you need to bring many disciplines to bear. And stats, like psychology, like tactics, like nutrition, like intuition, like money, like competition will all play a part.

I perfectly agree with you. Which is why baseball techniques that are implemented to find the perfect team based on stats, cannot be applied to football.

But all those attributes that you state, could also be the reason why a player is under performing one season and flying the next.

As with anything else, you have to prioritize the elements you see fit that will influence the player the most, and since every player is influenced differently, its hard to get the most of them, even if they are world class.

Or we could just call him shit and get on with it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No, just... No.

Now, I'm not 100% sure and I don't pretend to speak for Funnnneeeee, but I think he means that Charlie Adam has eaten Lionel Messi.

You lot are quims, innit.

Back to transfers in general, the 'good tournament' thing works both ways I terms of player worth.

For example, Blaxkowszki would cost a fortune now.

But by the same token, would now be a good time to look at bidding for those players who haven't done themselves justice this time around?

By that I mean Cristian Erikssom, Luuk De Jong, Marvin Martin,JoaoMoutinho players like that?

Adam was good first half of last season when he had a proper dm next to him and was allowed to attack.He was performing against the big teams aswell as the average and I was pleasantly surprised with how good he was.

He struggled when he was played out of position having to defend which is not his strength.

Seeing as we have a lot of cms with seeming another one coming I would understand Brendan selling him but I would not be unhappy for him to be in the squad next season,I am baffled by so many fans saying hes shit he is clearly a good player imo just not at dm which is not his position.

Adam was great for Blackpool, in the same way Scott Parker was good for West Ham.Both of those teams were relegated, so they were good players in poor teams. Parker has done well at Spurs. Adam hasn't been good for us in any way that I can tell having watched him. Perhaps his stats say otherwise.

No, he really wasn't. Adam has never been and never will be "good".

Oh come on he had some great games for us last season, and I think he was our top goal scoring midfielder and top assist maker. He can do a decent job for us next season as long as he plays with Lucas.

Oh come on he had some great games for us last season, and I think he was our top goal scoring midfielder and top assist maker. He can do a decent job for us next season as long as he plays with Lucas.

I agree in kind and do really rate him when he plays well, but can we have a player who relies on the availability of another to perform? I'd be open to offers

Fuck me! "great" you say? That must put Henderson's performances in the world class bracket.

Personally i thought the whole team put in performances ranging from bland to horrendously shit, I think you can guess which end of the scale I thought Adam consistently performed at.

Howabout we bin Cole Adam and Downing and go after Van Der Vaart.

Why would he stay now Harry has gone.

Sure he could be tempted.

Top player.

Goals from midfield are what we lack.

Seemed to play more in the hole/second striker than in midfield from what i saw. and he has the shaky knees.

So Lucas makes our other players look good? That sounds about right. Lucas is class.

He's a good player and we missed him greatly, but Adam also looked good playing alongside Vaughan at Blackpool, so let's not get too carried away!

It's revisionism to say Adam wasn't playing well before Lucas was injured, as he was providing the bombs for Suarez, and it shows what a short memory some people have.

With Lucas and Gerrard in the team next season, it will be interesting to see how much Rodgers uses him.

If we buy Siggurdson, I can't see much of a place for Adam to be honest, with Henderson and Shelvey for backup. We would have a lot of creativity there, with room for development.

What's more interesting to me is whether we will have better cover for Lucas.

He's a good player and we missed him greatly, but Adam also looked good playing alongside Vaughan at Blackpool, so let's not get too carried away!

It's revisionism to say Adam wasn't playing well before Lucas was injured, as he was providing the bombs for Suarez, and it shows what a short memory some people have.

With Lucas and Gerrard in the team next season, it will be interesting to see how much Rodgers uses him.

If we buy Siggurdson, I can't see much of a place for Adam to be honest, with Henderson and Shelvey for backup. We would have a lot of creativity there, with room for development.

What's more interesting to me is whether we will have better cover for Lucas.

Revisionism? What a twat of a word.

I've never rated Adam, I've disliked him ever since his "look at me" penalty celebration at Blackpool, I recall him having one decent 45 minutes in all his time here. He really is a terrible player and you'll not find any evidence of me saying anything to the contrary at any point, just the "Adam was actually ok in that half" which he then went on to completely fuck up in the 2nd half and restore the balance.

Adam is boss, I hope Rodgers shares that view and utilises him in our attack.

I hope not. Unless he arms him with a water pistol. That would be the only way he'd be boss. Adam running (or trying to) around wetting defenders, making splashy sounds... "wipposssh" Can just picture the look on camel-lips' face...