You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I can't understand why we don't just bring FSP in on a two-year deal. He's decent back-up anyway, regardless of the shit we're in now and he's not old.

No, He' not. He's been poor with St Etienne, was not even a starter. And more important, he's not a striker ! And hasn't he joined some Russian team, I think it was in L'Equipe yesterday ?

No, He' not. He's been poor with St Etienne, was not even a starter. And more important, he's not a striker ! And hasn't he joined some Russian team, I think it was in L'Equipe yesterday ?

He wouldn't be a starter here either though. He'd just be a more experienced back-up player, which is exactly what we need.

Is he not a striker? I thought he was a centre forward but I'll accept being wrong if that's not the case.

Not sure if he's joined someone.

If needs be use Morgan yesil or so e other youth in the mean time use what little strengths borini seems to have and play him central. Is it just me or do managers seem to purposely swerve the obvious or is it we don't know shit and borini is more of a threat on the right than central because if thats the case ill say it now it was a waste of money.

Suarez left forward

Borini centre forward

Gerrard right forward

how about.....

Suarez left forward

Carroll centre forward

Gerrard right forward

Oh wait, some fucking idiot loaned him out, BEFORE getting a replacement.

You know.... its not rocket science is it? [iD target > Get Target > Released deadwood].

Lets blame the person responsible, hell know...lets blame someone else. there a thought.

You're as deluded as Gerrard himself if you think he can play that role for a season.

Yea I agree. Crossing aside he didn't particularly like playing there when he was younger and more capable of dealing with the demands of that position from a physical standpoint.

If he's going to play in the front 3 I'd probably have him central. He can press from the front. He'll be closer to the box, it should save his legs a bit, and he should still be able to lay the ball off to those around him, not to mention score.

A virtually disastrous transfer window..I'm glad that waste of space Dempsey didn't join us but at the same time, it is interesting (and disturbing) to note that he passed Liverpool over for Spurs.. Begs the question...Is it because the owners won't stump up the cash or because Rodgers cannot attract the players who could make a difference??

A virtually disastrous transfer window..I'm glad that waste of space Dempsey didn't join us but at the same time, it is interesting (and disturbing) to note that he passed Liverpool over for Spurs.. Begs the question...Is it because the owners won't stump up the cash or because Rodgers cannot attract the players who could make a difference??

What? He can't pass us over if we've not had a bid accepted, you doofus.

A virtually disastrous transfer window..I'm glad that waste of space Dempsey didn't join us but at the same time' date=' it is interesting (and disturbing) to note that he passed Liverpool over for Spurs.. Begs the question...Is it because the owners won't stump up the cash or because Rodgers cannot attract the players who could make a difference??[/quote']

I think you spelt your username wrong.

Its spelt Bellender.

• 2 weeks later...
Demba Ba still has a 7mil clause in his contract. I'd snap him up quick in Jan, a player who knows where the back of the net is for a bargain fee.

I've no doubt that if we signed him his longstanding knee condition would flare up and we would be back to relying on our exisiting strikers.

Ask yourself why Newcastle were making it common knowledge in the summer that he was available for £7m.

Add to that they are now letting it known he is also available in January for the same price.

They want rid because they know his knees are shot and his previous scoring record is nothing to shout about.