You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

There's a big difference between the way we play and the way WH play. The WH style of play suits Andy, so he should do well there.

He'll score as many goals for us this season as he would have in a red shirt, probably.

I'm watching the game.

I'm seeing plenty of passing on the floor in amongst the odd launch in to the box. Do we not htink we would be getting corners under Brendan Rodgers?

I think Rodgers has completely fetishised the impact that Carroll would have on his "philosophy".

I note that the big bloke at Swansea is doing ok under Laudrups continuation of his style.

Its all a load of over complicated bollocks, and lots on here have been suckered in to it. Carroll could have been an asset to Rodgers, but Rodgers wanted to make a statement.

He's made himself look fucking daft such was his fixation to get him out the door whatever happened.

I accept Carroll was a lazy cunt when he arrived, and did not play for Kenny initially.

He then improved and was dropped again, but then ending the season really well and showing that he wanted to stay and fight.

They have all handled him appallingly.

Just have to hope he plays well at WH and we get some cash in, but as with Agger, there's no guarantee that the money will be seen in the kitty for players even if he succeeds there and we get a decent fee.

Agger fucked up their little plan good and proper. Made it impossible to sell him without revealing what they were up to. Good on you Daniel.

These owners are blood sucking, bullshitting, yank cunts, with slightly quieter accents, nicer glasses and better PR. They probably spent more time yesterday watching Ben Bernankes speech at Jackson Hole and keeping an eye on the gold spot price.

Cunts.

And they need to sell up and fuck off quick style.

They've been smoked out.

Cunts.

I'm watching the game.

I'm seeing plenty of passing on the floor in amongst the odd launch in to the box. Do we not htink we would be getting corners under Brendan Rodgers?

I think Rodgers has completely fetishised the impact that Carroll would have on his "philosophy".

I note that the big bloke at Swansea is doing ok under Laudrups continuation of his style.

That "big bloke" is Danny Graham. Graham is a 6"1' striker who is more suited to receiving the ball to feet and getting on the end of things than having the ball hoofed up to him where he'd be worse than useless.

Its all a load of over complicated bollocks, and lots on here have been suckered in to it. Carroll could have been an asset to Rodgers, but Rodgers wanted to make a statement.

He's made himself look fucking daft such was his fixation to get him out the door whatever happened.

Rodgers believes in a philosophy a philosophy that he has honed over the years which has seen him spend time at both Chelsea and Barcelona and a philosophy which though still unbelievably maligned by many has seen Barcelona and Spain change the way the game is played to the point where they have all but reinvented it and the rewards speak for themselves. If you think it's just down to Barca and no one else can do it then see Atletico or "Barca lite" if you like.

I accept Carroll was a lazy cunt when he arrived, and did not play for Kenny initially.

He then improved and was dropped again, but then ending the season really well and showing that he wanted to stay and fight.

They have all handled him appallingly.

Just have to hope he plays well at WH and we get some cash in, but as with Agger, there's no guarantee that the money will be seen in the kitty for players even if he succeeds there and we get a decent fee.

As with Agger? Did I miss something, Agger didn't leave did he?

Agger fucked up their little plan good and proper. Made it impossible to sell him without revealing what they were up to. Good on you Daniel.

These owners are blood sucking, bullshitting, yank cunts, with slightly quieter accents, nicer glasses and better PR. They probably spent more time yesterday watching Ben Bernankes speech at Jackson Hole and keeping an eye on the gold spot price.

Rodgers said that "every player has his price" and I agree. If we had got around 25-30m for Agger given his injury record it would have been good business.

Cunts.

And they need to sell up and fuck off quick style.

They've been smoked out.

Cunts.

So because we didn't get Dempsey or Sturridge for reasons in Dempsey's case no one knows yet they're Hicks and Gillet now? I'll reserve judgement on that until I hear from a reliable source that Liverpool refused to pay money for a striker/forward that we wanted.

Owen is about as mobile as Andy Carroll. He's hardly a good technical footballer either.

And he's a cunt.

Very true.

Even if we were to put aside our objections to Owen (I can't personally) we'd be bringing in a former striker who effectively retired years ago. We'd be better off bringing Robbie back.

Owen has played something like 82 games in nearly 10 years? Apart from the fact that his pace went years ago and we assume he's still a clinical finisher (not convinced by that) we still have to get past his made of glass physique. He'd be here 30 seconds before a torn hamstring ruled him out for the rest of the season.

I don't know. I'm really confused about Owen.

I'm watching the game.

I wouldn't go as far as to call them all of those names you are calling them but you are SPOT ON about Agger's case. He'd have been sold, but he is way too smart to fall into their trap and less willing to move elsewhere compared to Meirelis and Torres. He remained cool and let them being exposed instead of playing the "traitor who wanted to leave" role.

So because we didn't get Dempsey or Sturridge for reasons in Dempsey's case no one knows yet they're Hicks and Gillet now? I'll reserve judgement on that until I hear from a reliable source that Liverpool refused to pay money for a striker/forward that we wanted.

Are you getting paid to write this crap? If not, you should ask them to pay you.

I really don't understand the hatred towards Owen. First, if you can hate a footballer, you've not got enough happening in your lives. Seriously. Second, Owen is halfway down a list of mercenary players who have played for us and every other club since football began. The trouble is most fans are gullible, ignorant and stupid enough to believe the platitudes, declarations of love and badge kissing that most players and managers routinely churn out - knowing that the majority of fans will lap it up. At least Owen never tried to insult fans intelligence - he like almost every other professional footballer is a gun for hire, and he did more for this club than an army of yard dogs people on here fawn over just because they run around a lot. We could have done better out of Owen leaving but he had been fucked over by the club on more than one occasion.

I don't much care for Owen as an individual, but I'm not so small minded as to dismiss his contribution to the club while he was here.

Gotta a pretty good feeling there were three million reasons everyone knows about.

Rodgers is inexperienced in internal politics and this kind of situations. He was used. That's why he was chosen over Van Gaal et al.

He pushed Carroll towards the exit and then they left him waiting for a replacement. It's a good lesson for him. Nothing of all this was his fault.

I think this is generally correct. I think Rodgers was naive to an extent and trusted the administrators and owners, who no doubt assured him that they would get one or more of his targets. I don't believe he would have let Carroll go and left himself short unless he felt that Ayre and FSG would come through.

I think this is generally correct. I think Rodgers was naive to an extent and trusted the administrators and owners, who no doubt assured him that they would get one or more of his targets. I don't believe he would have let Carroll go and left himself short unless he felt that Ayre and FSG would come through.

I think he may have had a slight inkling when he started saying how skint we are, but he was still enjoying it, and other such things, in the last couple of days of the window.

He's genuinely an honorable man, is Brendan, and I think he'll tow the party line. He's all about the collective, even when it means you've been fucked over by your bosses.

we need a striker desperately to act as cover.

the transfer window is now closed.

only free agent players can be signed

Michael Owen is available on a free and could be had on a short term contract at wages, that while high, would only be short term

He could easily fit in positionally to the top of Rodgers system

He has a lot of baggage with Liverpool supporters.

DISCUSS

Go fuck yourself, cocksheath.

I don't care that we didn't get Dempsey. And I don't care that Carroll is gone either. Neither are the type of player who will mesh well with Suarez, IMO. And Suarez is the key going forward.

What does bother me is that we didn't get a striker in who will work well with Suarez. A month ago.

Maybe Borini will be that player. Or maybe it will be Sterling and Suarez developing that relationship. But it does seem a risk relying on such inexperienced players.

Rodgers is inexperienced in internal politics and this kind of situations. He was used. That's why he was chosen over Van Gaal et al.

He pushed Carroll towards the exit and then they left him waiting for a replacement. It's a good lesson for him. Nothing of all this was his fault.

Fucking spot on mate!

Wondered why they were going for managers who had won nothing and were quite green (Martinez and Rodgers). I'd put it down to getting burnt by a manager who had loads of experience and maybe they attributed the teams failings due to Kenny being set in his ways and maybe a younger more flexible manager was the way forward. Makes sense now why they got someone like Rodgers. They wanted to redress the balance regarding the finances and an experienced manager wouldn't stand for that kind of manipulation/interference. Rafa/van gaal/Kloop would shit a cat if they had been played like Rodgers. He also chose not to have a DoF. that played right into their hands IMO.

its inevitable that Owen rumours will start given we have hardly any strikers and he is one of the few of available who is arguably good enough

but as we know FSG are all about image and will be seen in even lower lights from the fans if they signed this cunt than if they signed nobody, it won't happen