You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I can't remember the last time he was effective attacking from the right.

Edit - saw above -- don't get locked into two wingers and a striker as a 433. More likely to look like a sole striker supported by two.

I think we'll see a lot of fluidity there, or I hope we will.

Possibility of a permanent deal for Sahin?

That's too good to be true!

We still need that wide player.

A few options Honda, G.Rodriguez (if he wants to be serious about his demands), Boudebouz, Iturbe (on loan?), Johnson, any left footed player that can cut inside has a bit of pace and trickery and isn't Downing.

I would be more worried about defensive cover now than attacking options.

Glen gets injured quite often and Kelly seems to be injured alot to.

Dan we all know quite well about being made of glass.

Martin dosent get injured often but when he gets injured its never a case of missing a game or two,he seems to pick up massive injuries that rule him out for months.

We have Carra who as good as he can be.I would not want him in for more than the odd game.

Coates actually looks better when he is up the pitch.

He is also suspect to some badly timed challenges and doing some mind boggling lapses of stupidity when in possession of the ball.

Imo we really could do with bringing somebody reliable in as cover for center or left back.

Better still somebody who can play eithe r position.

Think it will be an option mainly.

Lucas is steady, and if Sahin and Allen settle they should be good. Downing is Downing and Borini will have ups and downs. We also don't have any back up wide players other than Sterling.

Yet!

Yeah, fair point. We'll have to wait to see if we get any wide players in. Wide in midfield is one thing, but wide attacker in a 4-3-3? Not sure myself.

I'd prefer him as the most forward of the midfield three for sure. It is his best position.

Glen gets injured quite often and Kelly seems to be injured alot to.

Dan we all know quite well about being made of glass.

Martin when he gets injured its never a case of missing a game or two,he seems to pick up massive injuries that rule him out for months.

We have Carra who as good as he can be.I would not want him in for more than the odd game.

Coates actually looks better when he is up the pitch.

He is also suspect to some badly timed challenges and doing some mind boggling lapses of stupidity when in possession of the ball.

Imo we really could do with bringing somebody reliable in as cover for center or left back.

Better still somebody who can play eithe r position.

Completely disagree with all that.

Carra is still solid enough, Coates needs time but that is two international players you've got there.

Johnson can play on the left and Robinson can step up. Kelly is the best back up full back in the entire league.

No problems with the defence at all, so long as we keep Agger.

Better still somebody who can play either position.

Well, this is probably not the main reason we're bringing him in but Sahin has played at LB for Madrid. He would make a good emergency backup there in case of injury to Enrique or Robinson.

I think we're OK in defense now, though. We could possibly do with an upgrade for Coates or Carragher, but it's hardly a crisis. We have:

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

for a first choice back 4, and

Kelly Coates Carra Robinson

as backups. Throw in Flanagan and Sahin as possible fullback backups and Wisdom and Sama for a cup game here and there and I think we're fine. It's nowhere near as pressing as up front, where we basically have 4 senior players for 3 positions. It's obvious why the remaining links we're seeing are all for players like Tello or Dempsey who can give us depth up front.

Completely disagree with all that.

Carra is still solid enough, Coates needs time but that is two international players you've got there.

Johnson can play on the left and Robinson can step up. Kelly is the best back up full back in the entire league.

No problems with the defence at all, so long as we keep Agger.

Robinson if he has lost his bull in a chinashop approach to the game I agree.

Carra just really isnt a option imo in the system we will play and infact imo the exact opposite of the type of player needed.

He has never been what you would call a passing player.

Maybe Coates if he gets a run in the team will lose the frequent fuckups to his game.

I had really high hopes for Coates and maybe he just needs a run in the team to come good.

It s just every time he plays he makes at least two game changing mistakes every game.

Either by totally taking a player out or by passing straight to a oppossing forward in the area or just outside.

In the Danny Agger thread, I think "Mighty Swearer" made the point, far beyond my ability to do so, that this is wrong. We all, every single one, love this club. We all want is best. But there is something inherently wrong about us excusing, justifying, equivoacting and moralizing about people who don't give a shit about the club, pontificating and exscusing all the non-footballing nonsense that goes on.

It is wrong.

It's just wrong.

I'm happy about this. the loss of Van Persie will weigh heavily on the shoulders of Arsenal. Wenger wont buy a proven attacker (judging by prior dealings in the market), will spunk the money on a multitude of teenage brats, and wont rectify their spineless midfield and defence.

Regardless of how much money was received by them, it really weakens their position, which can only be good for us.

In terms of manure... Well, Van Persie in means that they just spunked a shit load of cash on their strongest position, overlooking their ageing central defence (I'm sorry, I just don't think Jones and Smalling are good enough replacements for camel lips), their shit left back (Evra is over-rated and turned in some really crappy performances toward the tail end of last season, and the other Da Silva twin is crap), and their kek centre (Carrick = crap, Jones = Crap, Giggs = really old, scholes = really old, Fletchers a time-bomb of crap, Anderson = really crap, Cleverly = overrated yet crap, Powell = untried)

Edited by smilezzz
Wrong thread... sorry

I'm happy about this. the loss of Van Persie will weigh heavily on the shoulders of Arsenal. Wenger wont buy a proven attacker (judging by prior dealings in the market), will spunk the money on a multitude of teenage brats, and wont rectify their spineless midfield and defence.

Regardless of how much money was received by them, it really weakens their position, which can only be good for us.

In terms of manure... Well, Van Persie in means that they just spunked a shit load of cash on their strongest position, overlooking their ageing central defence (I'm sorry, I just don't think Jones and Smalling are good enough replacements for camel lips), their shit left back (Evra is over-rated and turned in some really crappy performances toward the tail end of last season, and the other Da Silva twin is crap), and their kek centre (Carrick = crap, Jones = Crap, Giggs = really old, scholes = really old, Fletchers a time-bomb of crap, Anderson = really crap, Cleverly = overrated yet crap, Powell = untried)

And yet they'll still take the title down to the wire, finishing either first or second. I stopped thinking those cunts were ready to implode in the 90's. They'll bully their way to a similar number of points each season, and the players on the pitch have become largely irrelevant. Most teams have already conceded 3 points when they turn up at the toilet each season.

And yet they'll still take the title down to the wire, finishing either first or second. I stopped thinking those cunts were ready to implode in the 90's. They'll bully their way to a similar number of points each season, and the players on the pitch have become largely irrelevant. Most teams have already conceded 3 points when they turn up at the toilet each season.

Sadly, that is true.

So we should try and do something similar, no? I'd be very happy if we had 80+ points guaranteed each season.

Oh and how are you so sure Sahin will come here? It's not official (yet)?

Here's one for you. My daughter's boyfriend is a taxi driver and picked up Fransisco Junior (some blert who's at Everton). Anyhow, he's a very good friend of Manuel Fernandes (on loan for 2 spells with Everton a couple of years back) and he reckons Fernandes is coming here. Not sure if a loan or transfer. Taxi driver is straight up, but Junior may be blagging. So there you go, make of it what you will.

And there are a couple of rumours on the web now. But don't forget, it was me who broke the news on here first.