You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Tough call...

Barebacked is like the nutter on the corner, yelling at everyone, about the impending judgement... singling out bystanders for short skirts, tattoos, etc... and calling for the angry fist of god to stamp them out.

He's filled with so much crazy anger... He could tear someone apart, or totally be stunned by being hit that he just stops and curls up. Sort of like a traumatized woman, who goes hysterical, and starts screaming. You slap her and she shuts up and calms down.

However, Code has a PHD in all subjects, disciplines, etc... so that'll include all martial sciences...

I read that as marital sciences.

Which i doubt.

Norge statbots don't have wives.

Ok. Next question:-

Why?

Because Adam is the better player and someone who would be far more useful in our squad than Dempsey and Adam is not a dirty cheating fucking cunt like Dempsey either.

Where would Dempsey play for us?

In midfield? Adam is a far better option and he is far better to create chances for others.

Out wide? Hahaha.

Up front? I'd rather go with Suarez, Carroll, Borini or a new signing who actually are strikers not average forwards who have been the top dog in a mid table team.

Dempsey can simply fuck off the bog eyed cunt.

Because Adam is the better player and someone who would be far more useful in our squad than Dempsey and Adam is not a dirty cheating fucking cunt like Dempsey either.

In midfield? Adam is a far better option and he is far better to create chances for others.

Out wide? Hahaha.

Up front? I'd rather go with Suarez, Carroll, Borini or a new signing who actually are strikers not average forwards who have been the top dog in a mid table team.

Adam has Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey, Henderson and possibly Sahin ahead of him in the pecking order and we need to add goals to the team. Dempsey makes a lot more sense to have in the squad than Adam.

How you can call Dempsey dirty when Adam continually commits dangerous tackles is beyond me.

Dempsey also scored more goals than any of our strikers last year.

I don't want Dempsey either but if I had to chose between him and Adam, I'd happily take Dempsey. Furthermore, if we bring in Sahin, we have no need for Adam because Allen was a superior player to him last year, and Sahin is a better player in every department. He had an unfortunate season last year due to injury but Sahin, Allen and Gerrard as a midfield three with Lucas and Shelvey as support would be a fantastic midfield.

Dempsey will provide goals and is a better option going forward in comparison to Adam.

I cant believe I have to spell this out for people, but getting 4th only secured Europa league football, we qualified for that twice through our cup runs last season.

I'd rather qualify through making three trips to Wembley thanks.

Look fool our primary objective is to win the league , and qualify for the european cup . Failing that , do well enough in the league to qualify for the european cup.

4th place sometimes and rarely means you have to be content with the europa league if another english team wins the champs league , mostly it gives you a crack at the champs league.

Trips to wmbley are always nice , but always come 2nd to the league and europe.

Fact.

You can hate on Dempsey as much as you like, I don't like him either but your argument he's a top dog in a mid-table team just proves you excatly what others are trying to say - Adam was a top dog at a team who was relegated so Dempsey is still the better player of the two. And they don't even play in the same position anyway.

Look fool our primary objective is to win the league , and qualify for the european cup . Failing that , do well enough in the league to qualify for the european cup.

4th place sometimes and rarely means you have to be content with the europa league if another english team wins the champs league , mostly it gives you a crack at the champs league.

Trips to wmbley are always nice , but always come 2nd to the league and europe.

Fact.

Agree - to seriously challenge for the league usually takes a few years of being consistent and competitive in the league first. Cup competitions are nice distraction and its nice to win one but I have zero interest in them if our league form is shite. I would take 4th next year instead of any cup as it demonstrates a good level of consistency and competitiveness which can then be built on. Would love a cup too but not instead.

Doesn't matter.

Also, I'm pretty sure Code said he would have preferred our season last year than the season we had in 08/09 when we finished second under Rafa, because we won a trophy last year.

Mental... I can only guess from August 2009 until February 2012 our fanbase got used to losing lots of matches to shite teams.

I don't hate Adam as much as some people do but if you are going to play a possession based style of football high up the pitch then you can't have players who either dwell on the ball or give it away with every other pass, it just isn't going to work, so I just don't see a place for Adam.

So with that in mind a swap for Dempsey makes sense, not saying I rate Dempsey but he would be more useful in the front than Adam would be in a midfield 3.

I don't hate Adam as much as some people do but if you are going to play a possession based style of football high up the pitch then you can't have players who either dwell on the ball or give it away with every other pass, it just isn't going to work, so I just don't see a place for Adam.

So with that in mind a swap for Dempsey makes sense, not saying I rate Dempsey but he would be more useful in the front than Adam would be in a midfield 3.

Sums up my thoughts.

Tough call...

Barebacked is like the nutter on the corner, yelling at everyone, about the impending judgement... singling out bystanders for short skirts, tattoos, etc... and calling for the angry fist of god to stamp them out.

He's filled with so much crazy anger... He could tear someone apart, or totally be stunned by being hit that he just stops and curls up. Sort of like a traumatized woman, who goes hysterical, and starts screaming. You slap her and she shuts up and calms down.

However, Code has a PHD in all subjects, disciplines, etc... so that'll include all martial sciences...

Best post of he night...

Out wide? Hahaha.

every time i see your posts i feel like joining in on the bashing you receive but i cant bring myself to because its a shitty thing to do.

but i do wish youd stop derailing threads with your pointless shit, you say you have a bird, log off a spend some time with her, she couldnt be happy going out with someone who spends every waking hour online.

for me, and your girl friend, log off every now and again, please.