You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

If its in the contract they will have no choice.

Be hard to say you can't afford it while playing in the premier league.

It's not like Milan and Juve who if they didn't want/he didn't play enough games could call off the deal.

Incredible! You should have a re-read of this if you can't already see how stupid it is.

No need mate.

We signed an agreement not to poach their players for 12 months and within 2 weeks he was back sniffing round that kid who went to Spurs, now he's doing it again we are going to pay a premium for the privilaege as well. You trying to tell me there's not better out there for less cash.

He's taking the easy route and fuck how much it costs since we're Liverpool and fucking loaded compared to Swansea. Someone needs to grab him by the back the neck and whisper in his ear, "no more big fish in small pond players can't you see the first team is jammed full of them?! Get some fucking quality in!".

Would you lot have put up with the likes of Dempsey and Allen when Rafa was in charge? Fuck no. Look at the crying on this forum when Aqualani was bought and he had far better pedigree then any of those two cunts!

No need mate.

We signed an agreement not to poach their players for 12 months and within 2 weeks he was back sniffing round that kid who went to Spurs, now he's doing it again we are going to pay a premium for the privilaege as well. You trying to tell me there's not better out there for less cash.

He's taking the easy route and fuck how much it costs since we're Liverpool and fucking loaded compared to Swansea. Someone needs to grab him by the back the neck and whisper in his ear, "no more big fish in small pond players can't you see the first team is jammed full of them?! Get some fucking quality in!".

Would you lot have put up with the likes of Dempsey and Allen when Rafa was in charge? Fuck no. Look at the crying on this forum when Aqualani was bought and he had far better pedigree then any of those two cunts!

give some realistic examples ????

No need mate.

That kid who went to Spurs wasn't even a Swansea player, he's was perfectly entitled to bid for him.

If anything West Ham will up the price for Newcastle! If you want him, you start from £18m onwards.

This.

Newcastle took the piss before because it was on deadline and they knew we just came into crazy money. If we didnt make any moves in January and went for him in the summer of 2011, he would be approx £18 - £20million.

They have been onto AC for no doubt months, now they have competition.

If he goes, he goes but lets sort it out asap so his replacement can fit in.

This.

Newcastle took the piss before because it was on deadline and they knew we just came into crazy money. If we didnt make any moves in January and went for him in the summer of 2011, he would be approx £18 - £20million.

They have been onto AC for no doubt months, now they have competition.

If he goes, he goes but lets sort it out asap so his replacement can fit in.

This is Liverpool we are talking about here, we are fucking pedestrian at the best of times.

If its in the contract they will have no choice.

Be hard to say you can't afford it while playing in the premier league.

It's not like Milan and Juve who if they didn't want/he didn't play enough games could call off the deal.

It isn't in the contract, though. If it were an ironclad "promise to purchase" then why not just sell him now, and call it "installments" or something? The only difference would be who held his registration this year.

The deal they're offering is 16 million next year IF they're still in the Premier League. And let's face it, we all know how that would go: Andy would get crocked 8 games in, they'd be relegated, and we'd be looking to get 8 million for him next summer.

If we accept West Ham's offer, with our desperate need to win this season and no money up front to buy a replacement, then we're incredibly stupid. Which is why we'll probably do it.

The Carroll transfer will get messy especially with his agent whispering in his ear, don't let them bully you, do what is best for you. I can see him saying, I will only consider a loan or fight for my place, not my problem the manager doesn't fancy me and Liverpool have invested all this money. Or saying I will only move to Newcastle on a permanent sale, with Newcastle only wanting to pay around 10-12 million.

which is why we should of kept shut about it in public rather than say he can go, no he cant, yes he can, no he cant only on permanent, we'd consider loan etc etc

exactly this, rodgers shouldn't have said anything, bit naive on his part

Can't be loaning him out even if 'agreements' in place as way we got fucking duped on aqualani has to be the fuckin warning.

I don't think he should be loaned, but the Aquilani deal was convoluted, and not in our favour, 25 games of 30 mins or more!

This is quite simple, stay up and pay fee. They can't drop him, and they aren't going to get relegated just so that they don't have to pay us. I just hope that someone else comes in with a £17m fee, although Newcastle pay £20m

Keep him, give him a chance. Sell him at Christmas if it ain't working.

This whole thing reflects worse on Rodgers than Carroll.

1. For the way hes gone about it in the press.

2. For doing very little to back the player being able to adapt.

Of course if AC is angling for a move, which none of us know, then let him go, but at the right price. Anything around what has been quoted.

No loans and no bending over. Its not as if he's looking at quality replacements really is it?

Apart from maybe Ramirez. Who could be a great bit of business.

Rodgers needs to boil down the staff to a core of about 16 QUALITY players who will get us in the top 4, and make up the rest through the youth system.

Get rid of ALL the shit. Why have we still got THAT midfield?

Its just not gonna happen under any system with that personnel.

Not a chance.

And if Skrtel wants to fuck off let him.

See how he does without Agger stood next to him.

I remember too many scrabbling rugby tackles in important games from him to be even slightly arsed as long as we get top money for him.

Stick him next to Carragher for 3 games and see how he gets on.

Fuck him, let him go.

To hell with all the cups too.

We need an all out assault on 4th place this year.

Carroll's loan move criteria | Newcastle United, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

they say he doesn't want to move permanently

they say he wants a club in europe

looks like ashley knows the score and has had a word with the lad's agent

"sit tight andy and we'll get you in on loan on august 31st - hell they'll be so desperate to get rid of you at that stage we'll only have to pay half your wages and no loan fee!

i am sure he is rubbing his flabby hands together at the thoughts of screwing us over again

we can't let this happen, let him rot on the bench or loan to anywhere else for decent fee and 100% wages but don't let that fat chancer screw us over again

let's not let the likes of ashley and carroll dictate to us what will happen to oyr 35 million investment, yes it was a colossal waste of money but to get mugged again by these crooks would be criminal

Carroll's loan move criteria | Newcastle United, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

they say he doesn't want to move permanently

they say he wants a club in europe

looks like ashley knows the score and has had a word with the lad's agent

"sit tight andy and we'll get you in on loan on august 31st - hell they'll be so desperate to get rid of you at that stage we'll only have to pay half your wages and no loan fee!

i am sure he is rubbing his flabby hands together at the thoughts of screwing us over again

we can't let this happen, let him rot on the bench or loan to anywhere else for decent fee and 100% wages but don't let that fat chancer screw us over again

let's not let the likes of ashley and carroll dictate to us what will happen to oyr 35 million investment, yes it was a colossal waste of money but to get mugged again by these crooks would be criminal

Carroll is our £35m investment.

And as far as I can tell he's done nothing wrong. Unless you consider trying to find the best solution for himself, after all but being told to pack your bags by Liverpool.

Well It's good to see we are still making a complete mess of our transfer dealings, and in public too.

We've pissed off Swansea and will now have to pay way over the odds to get Joe Allen, and we're trying to force Carroll out, when it looks like there is only one realistic option.

Why do we keep getting this wrong? Time and time again?

I expected these owners to be shrewd savvy business men, but as far as transfers go, they have continued where Moores and Parry left off.

Forcing Carroll out, yet slapping a 20 million price tag on him, will piss the player off, but also make him completely out of reach for the types of clubs that would be interested in him. No club will offer us £20 million outright for Andy Carroll right now.

Guest ShoePiss
Well It's good to see we are still making a complete mess of our transfer dealings, and in public too.

We've pissed off Swansea and will now have to pay way over the odds to get Joe Allen, and we're trying to force Carroll out, when it looks like there is only one realistic option.

Why do we keep getting this wrong? Time and time again?

I expected these owners to be shrewd savvy business men, but as far as transfers go, they have continued where Moores and Parry left off.

Forcing Carroll out, yet slapping a 20 million price tag on him, will piss the player off, but also make him completely out of reach for the types of clubs that would be interested in him. No club will offer us £20 million outright for Andy Carroll right now.

Because the transfer system is football specific and they don't know anything about football.

He is worth around 20m realistically and will be worth at least that next summer because he is young and british and a forward,and we should accept anything close to that if we are selling him. If we dont get that offer we keep him and use him. His value wont drop unless he plays 40 games and scores very few goals, however if he plays 40 games and scores 20 goals he will still be a 20M Pound player but he will attract more interest.I like the bloke but im really not arsed if he goes because there is far better out there for 20m and his wages

His biggest weakness is that he's pretty stupid. Always taking up the wrong positions, making the wrong runs etc. But these are all things a coach w/Rodgers' background is supposed to excel at teaching.

Given the position we are in with the owners investment approach, I'm not sure we can afford to be throwing money away as we would probably have to do if we sell him. Rodgers needs to find a way to extract value from him.

We can't buy the finished product anymore and the club are giving us the whole build from youth etc spiel. Well prove it, turn the promising players we already have into performers. Selling Carroll and side-lining players like henderson, Shelvey and Suso in favour of 15m buys makes it seem like a whole load of hot air.

You've talked the talk. Now let's see you walk the walk.

Guest ShoePiss
Will be so pissed off that this Brendan Rodgers twat is binning the possibility of signing some genuine quality just so he can build Swansea Mk II on Merseyside. We need wingers and adefensive midfielder as we are utter gash there.

Christ even the Bitters can see that.

Why have FSG foresaken the DoF model they had a hard-on for last season in preference to a rookie manager, makes no sense.

You've just joined an elite club on this site. Congratulations.

Guest ShoePiss
I find all this selling of Carroll so familiar.... wanting to sale are prized asset, on the arrival of Rafa, didn't he want to sell Gerrard to fund his players?

We were persuading him to stay, Parry actually did something on that one.