You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

A massive red though, so that will soften the blow of his shitness.

He plays far better when along side Agger it's like a different player

He's very experienced for his age as well 20 caps for Denmark and well over 100 league appearances in two top European leagues.

I reckon Kjaer is a good defender. Would be a good bit of business if we could get him for 5-8m. ssn reporting Gaston ramirez in talks with unnamed prem club.

City. They have been far too quiet and Mancini is on the war path.

I'd love it to be us though.

Speaking of talented Uruguayans, 6-1 for Uruguay to win the olympics?

I think Kjaer could be good and he showed that during the Euros but he's certainly a risk.

If Skrtel wants out then let him go but 25m should be the minimum given the teams that want him and that he was our player of the year last year.

We need another CB anyway - carra is in his last year and not suited to play a high line anyway!

West Ham make record bid for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll

By Ben Smith

BBC Sport West Ham have stepped up their interest in Liverpool striker Andy Carroll by making a bid that could potentially break the club's transfer record.

Continue reading the main story

“We've got a number of very, very talented players in the group, of which Andy is one”

Brendan Rodgers

Liverpool manager

The fresh offer would see Carroll initially move on loan with a commitment to buy the 23-year-old next summer in a deal worth more than £15m.

However, it is understood he does not view West Ham as a serious option.

The England international's preference, should he be forced to leave Anfield, is still to return to Newcastle United.

The Tyneside club, who retain a strong interest in the player, are monitoring the situation.

Owner Mike Ashley saw an initial bid for Carroll dismissed out of hand by Liverpool, who remain determined to secure the permanent sale of a player they bought for £35m in January 2011. The Anfield club insist they are not prepared to countenance offers below £20m for the 23-year-old.

West Ham are understood to be prepared to build their team around Carroll, but with the player indicating an uncertaintly to move to there, despite a strong friendship with former Newcastle team-mate Kevin Nolan, it does little to clarify his future.

The £7.5m West Ham paid Liverpool for Craig Bellamy in 2007 remains the club's transfer record, although Brescia striker Savio Nsereko agreed a deal that could potentially have been worth £9m, but he failed to trigger a number of performance-based clauses.

Jack Sullivan, son of David Sullivan, the West Ham co-owner, added to the speculation by tweeting: "Dad is working on the biggest signing in the history of the club - twice as big as anything the club have done before!"

Andy Carroll career stats

•Newcastle (2006-11): 91 games, 33 goals

•Preston (loan Aug 2007-08): 12 appearances, 1 goal

•Liverpool (2011-present): 56 appearances, 11 goals

•England (2010-present): 7 appearances, 2 goals

Having indicated that Liverpool would be open to offers for Carroll, manager Brendan Rodgers insisted any criticism of the player had been unfair earlier this week.

"Andy is a terrific young player," Rodgers said. "I had a brief chat with all the lads and over the next couple of weeks I'll be able to speak to them with more confidence and on a one-to-one basis.

"There is no doubt he is a terrific talent. There has been a lot of unfair criticism aimed towards Andy. He is a player who can play in a number of styles and it was a wee bit unfair on him to say he couldn't fit into the way I would want to play.

"We've got a number of very, very talented players in the group, of which Andy is one."

Guest ShoePiss

Seems strange that West Ham would bother taking the time to put together any kind of deal that involves a loan period when we've publicly stated we won't entertain any loan deals for him.

Seems strange that West Ham would bother taking the time to put together any kind of deal that involves a loan period when we've publicly stated we won't entertain any loan deals for him.

We should tell them to stuff their stupid loan offer up their ass. I'm so tired off getting fucked over by clubs who come up with these fucking loan offers with buy clauses. So Allardyce, cash only or fuck off! And because that ugly, fat, corrupt fucker is involved, they would have to give us £5m more and pay the transfer fee in advance.

Perfect, that is what we have been waiting for, now we can do the deal.

Hahaha. that is quite funny, and it's also true. We'll probably raise our bid to £20m now (yes, i know he have a £15m clause). To overpay for crocked, overhyped british players is our speciality. :wallbutt: