You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Guest San Don
It's no different. If an offer of £70m came in for Suarez we'd look at it. We'd probably say yes. I read what he's saying is that every player has a price and they do.

Rodgers appears to have changed his mind on loaning out Carroll which is a good thing, a loan deal is not going to be in the best interest of the club. We're still fucked by Rodgers earlier comments though, he hasn't done a good job of keeping his cards close to his chest like he said he does.

After Suarez's latest interview, I think an offer of £30m will probably be accepted!

But you are right, everyone has their price, even Rush and Fowler had their price.

I wouldn't feel so annoyed if we were selling Carroll to fund an exciting new signing, but Clint fucking Dempsey is a joke!

At least Carroll has the potential to be an unstoppable on his day, admittedly we haven't seen enough of it, but the potential is there. Dempsey will never be a match winner in the way Andy Carroll can be.

His goal record suggests otherwise, even if he's not a striker like Carroll is... Not sure if I've commented on this thread, but I've been advocating us signing Dempsey long before we were linked with him. He's a very good player, not a clear improvement on our 1st eleven (if something like that still exists), but he'll be able to fill several different roles/positions in the team, and he'll add some grit and determination (as well as goals) to the team/squad.

As some of the others have posted, if we were flush with money and could lure players with CL football he shouldn't be our main objective (he'd still be a sound squad investment), but as we don't have CL football nor bottomless pockets I'm all for us signing someone with attitude and goals to his game. We'd immediately become 5-10 % more dangerous at set pieces with him in our side, as only Vidic in the PL (maybe Cahill of 2-3 years ago..) has the same will (and ability) to get on the end of crosses.

I'd like to keep Carroll too btw, for all our presumed new style/system, we still desperately lack height and aerial ability in our side. About a third of all goals come from set pieces or directly after them, I find it strange that we don't put more empahsis on them. We haven't really been good at them since the days of Babbel, Hyypia, Heskey - Mcallister. Rafa tried to fix it with Crouch, and we at least let in a lot less from defensive set pieces for a couple of seasons, but I can't remember being optimistic about a Liverpool corner for at least a decade:(

Sounds like Rodgers has been talked to by owners and told they do actually want to try and get dome money back off Carroll and not get rid at all costs.Rodgers earlier comments have fucked us all ready and we will get shafted on deal for him.

On paper last summers transfers were more exciting,pfa player of year,proven winger and left back England u21 cap and bellamy.This summer we seem to be targeting average players and selling a young striker with big potential when we are low on strikers as it is.I hope brendans real targets are not known to the press because if Allen,Dempsey etc is our business with Carroll leaving then I see us goin nowher.e

If we bought Dempsey for £10m to tomorrow and sold him for £12m the next day to Spurs, people would be up in arms about losing one of our best players to a rival.

It's all about perspecitve: If I could buy Dempsey for 10M and sold him for 12M in a day and make a 2M profit, I as a LFC fan would be very happy to say the least..

I love it that we'd gone back to the Liverpool Way of doing our business behind closed doors and the media and fans have no clue who we are after until it's done

Can we now agree that ANY cunt who types anything like the above gets fucking negged into oblivion?

hahaha...like you need people to agree with you SL.

Guest San Don
Well... Mirror reported today that we've agreed a 10m deal.

Yeah but wasnt that was based on the article on FSG's website which has now been removed?

Well... Mirror reported today that we've agreed a 10m deal.

Mirror now saying it will take "Henderson" money to get Allen -

Allen key: Liverpool will have to pay Henderson-type fee for Swans star

Reds splashed out £16m on the Sunderland midfielder last summer - so Swansea want a similar amount for playmaker Joe.

Brendan Rodgers has been told it will take £15million to prise midfielder Joe Allen away from his previous club Swansea.

New Liverpool boss Rodgers is targeting Allen after losing out to Tottenham in the battle to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, who starred on loan at the Welsh club last season, from Germany's Hoffenheim.

But he has been warned he will have to smash a Swans transfer record to land exciting playmaker Allen, who has been picked in Team GB's 18-man squad for the Olympic football tournament.

The biggest fee City have received for one of their stars to date is the £2m Wigan paid them for striker Jason Scotland three years ago.

They don’t want to lose Allen, 22, but fear confirmed admirer Rodgers will not be put off by the asking price.

A source revealed: "Brendan is a huge fan of Joe, and has seen at first hand just how magnificently he has performed for Swansea over the past couple of seasons.

“Joe was a key player in helping them win promotion from the Championship, and was outstanding again in the Premier League last term.

“He has established himself as one of the top flight’s outstanding young talents, and he is very happy at Swansea.

“The fact is they want him to remain at the Liberty, but they are also well aware that Liverpool paid £16m to sign Jordan Henderson - another promising young midfielder - last summer.

“Joe has to be put in the same price bracket as that."

Liverpool transfer news: Joe Allen will cost £15million to buy from Swansea - Mirror Online

If we pay those prices for those players we have obviously learned nothing from the last 2 years.

Were just going to mug ourselves off yet again arn't we ?

Why do we have to burn money on 3/4 showers of shite to every 1 successful signing ?

Dempsey with 1 year on his contarct for 10 million ? thats a huge pisstake , clubs are trying to mug us off again because of our highly embarassing transfer history of literally giving money away , you cant really blame them either because we are complete mugs in this department.

I dont want Dempsey here but if Rodgers does he should either wait till the end of the window or wait till Jan when Fulham have no bargaining power ,they shouldn't have any bargaining power anyway theres hardly a scramble for his signature and only a year left on his contract so we should be the ones dictating not them.