You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

If he is going to be play a variant of 433, then I don't think we need an out and out striker, Suarez, Caroll and Bellamy can all play the single role, but unless he sees Sterling and Suso making a big impact this year then we need an attacking right sided player. If you want someone young, Moses, Zaha or the lad from Birmingham whose name escapes me. But get a right fucking forward with pace, for the love of god.

If you don't have any money give Flamini a two year deal, to provide cover because Spearing isn't close to being good enough.

Redmond? Looks a good prospect, a bit like Sterling.

We seem to be signing an Armadillo!

Liverpool Plus ‏@LiverpoolPlus

Amadou Diallo (out of contract at Monaco) is on trial at #LFC Google Translate @JimBoardman @empireofthekop

A graduate from the famous Clairefontaine academy in France, Diallo is a boyhood Reds fan, and hopes to win a place in the reserve team at Anfield, if he can impress in training.

Another boyhood fan!!

Would you honestly say Borini and Allen are average?

He's probably never seen either of them play.

Has anyone actually seen Borini play a match other than on youtube, I haven't so know fuck all about him. Will reserve judgement on him till I see him play a bit, before saying he is what we need and wanking over him or he is shit.

Yep seen him live at least 15 times and what he does off the ball is just as impressive as what he does on the ball (which is very impressive indeed). He's the ideal striker to press and hassle the opposition and have the presence of mind to take advantage of any mistakes. He's pacy, great movement, great finishing ability, basically everything we're calling out for in a striker.

Joe Allen and Borini would be good signings

Dempsey would not

also no point in letting Carroll go anywhere at the minute

still need a right sided forward if Borini to play down the middle of a 4-3-3

Borini mostly played on the right for Roma.

Maybe unfair on Borini as I've seen next to nothing but his record doesn't look anything more than that of an average player.

My point was that it's a waste of time buying players who are not significantly better than what we have. Would you say either player would noticeably improve us?

It would.

We need decent back up at the least for Suarez and Carroll due to suspension and injury, assuming Carroll stays.

Allen is a huge upgrade on Adam, Spearing and Henderson, and a slight upgrade on Shelvey, whom I think we still have not seen anything resembling what he could be for us.

I think that would be very good business. Then all we really need is a defensive mid and a right winger, assuming the defence stays put.

It would.

We need decent back up at the least for Suarez and Carroll due to suspension and injury, assuming Carroll stays.

Allen is a huge upgrade on Adam, Spearing and Henderson, and a slight upgrade on Shelvey, whom I think we still have not seen anything resembling what he could be for us.

I think that would be very good business. Then all we really need is a defensive mid and a right winger, assuming the defense stays put.

One can argue both ways with Henderson - but Adam, Spearing and Downing should all be flushed!

If we could get someone like Clasie in to cover for Lucas and someone like Ramirez in for Downing we'd start to look like a proper team....

If we let Carroll go he should be sold and the money reinvested in a class striker/front 3 type player..... (Jovetic/Van Wolfswinkel/Jong/Lewandowski/Damiao/Diego/Soldado).

-

Clasie for Spearing

Allen for Adam

Dempsey for Maxi/Bellamy

Ramirez for Downing

Borini for Kuyt

They are mostly upgrades in my opinion (and we get a younger more hungry group of players), considering our lack of goals and the new system to be implemented. But at the same time I am not convinced that they are enough to challenge for 4th, as I think the other top teams are strengthening even more..

One can argue both ways with Henderson - but Adam, Spearing and Downing should all be flushed!

If we could get someone like Clasie in to cover for Lucas and someone like Ramirez in for Downing we'd start to look like a proper team....

If we let Carroll go he should be sold and the money reinvested in a class striker/front 3 type player..... (Jovetic/Van Wolfswinkel/Jong/Lewandowski/Damiao/Diego/Soldado).

-

Clasie for Spearing

Allen for Adam

Dempsey for Maxi/Bellamy

Ramirez for Downing

Borini for Kuyt

They are mostly upgrades in my opinion (and we get a younger more hungry group of players), considering our lack of goals and the new system to be implemented. But at the same time I am not convinced that they are enough to challenge for 4th, as I think the other top teams are strengthening even more..

The less said about Downing the better. Its a funny feeling. looking at some the names on our books and I really dont see them as our players... if you know what I mean?

The one name I'd disagree with on that list would be Dempsey, there is no way he's an upgrade on Maxi or Bellamy, at most he just had he's stand out year. IMO Sinclair would be better value for money.

The exposure in the U.S market though from signing and having Dempsey would probably be more of a benifit to us though plus money wise we'd make a lot from the move?

In that case, we should have signed Honda ages ago. Better player, younger, not as much of a cunt, and from a country where guaranteed his name would sell a lot more shirts. Especially if the price for Dempsey is quoted above 9mil.

If we were to sign an american, we should go for that young one who's dad coached them at the WC, cant remember his name, but seemed to stand out much more in that side than Dempsey, who is this seasons Charlie Adam.

Hehehe, Charlie Fucking Adam... hehehe

10th of July, a big fat zero of players signed.

Top 10:

1. Hank Moody 269 posts

2. WaltonRed 202 posts

3. Funnneeeee 180 posts

4. fowler9 166 posts

5. Whelan 132 posts

6. Unrighteous 125 posts

7. silverlining 104 posts

8. TheHowieLama 99 posts

9. Jairzinho 98 posts

10. kalasoma 87 posts

Wonder if there is a market for any of these?

10th of July, a big fat zero of players signed.

Top 10:

1. Hank Moody 269 posts

2. WaltonRed 202 posts

3. Funnneeeee 180 posts

4. fowler9 166 posts

5. Whelan 132 posts

6. Unrighteous 125 posts

7. silverlining 104 posts

8. TheHowieLama 99 posts

9. Jairzinho 98 posts

10. kalasoma 87 posts

Wonder if there is a market for any of these?

god forbid people post on a thread on a forum