You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I know who we are signing!!!!!!!!

I am not going to say who we are signing.....

I am not going to say how i know this or where i got this information from but for the sake of a bit of attention and to make myself seem more important than i am, I'm definitely not making this up and its definitely true - I know who it is....................

If its Borini as confirmed by BBC, then i woudl hardly call that a special/amazing signing, with due respect he hasnt set the world alight or can confirm that he is a top quality player.

Nevertheless the signing will do and judge him on his performances

I'll give Rodgers one thing, he's a brave man planning for the future with 21 year old signing, what with the board he's working under, and a fan base that expects 21 year old players to hit the ground running.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen the guy play tbh, so can't get excited about the signing.

I'll give Rodgers one thing, he's a brave man planning for the future with 21 year old signing, what with the board he's working under, and a fan base that expects 21 year old players to hit the ground running.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen the guy play tbh, so can't get excited about the signing.

If you mean a board that doesnt care if the club is successful or not then you're talking fucking bollocks.

Again.

Its Borini, on the BBC site now

There seems to be alot reporting it is him for £8 million.

Still nothing official reported.

Fabio Borini (21): Seria A 11/12 stats: Apps: 24 - Goals: 9 - Coppa Italia: Apps: 2 - Goals: 1. Total 11/12 season: Apps: 26 - Goals: 10.

If you mean a board that doesnt care if the club is successful or not then you're talking fucking bollocks.

Again.

No, that's just something you've just plucked out of your arse.

He's working under a board that wants a top four spot to increase revenue, nothing else matters to them.

Planning for the future with a 21 year old lad, that will probably take time to adjust and who's still learning the game isn't the best way to go about doing that as quickly as possible. It's better in the long run for Liverpool than signing a 30 year old striker though.

Very brave from Rodgers, and credit to him that he's putting the clubs future over his own.

Andy Carroll faces Brendan Rodgers axe as Liverpool change shape

Tony Barrett

Andy Carroll is battling to save his Liverpool career less than 18 months after becoming the ninth-most expensive player in football history.

Brendan Rodgers, the new Liverpool manager, said yesterday that he needs to be convinced about the England forward’s suitability to his preferred playing style after setting up a move for a potential replacement.

Presented with the opportunity to confirm that Carroll is in his plans for next season, Rodgers was non-committal at best, stressing the need for the 23-year-old striker to prove himself capable of adapting to the 4-3-3 formation that Rodgers is looking to implement before providing any guarantees.

Perhaps even more tellingly, Rodgers’s interest in Fabio Borini has intensified over the past 24 hours, with a potential £11 million move being lined up for the Roma forward.

Having signed Borini on loan at Swansea City and worked with him at Chelsea, Rodgers has no such doubts about the 21-year-old’s ability to work within his preferred tactical framework and is hoping to push the proposed transfer through in the next 48 hours.

Liverpool have not made Carroll available for transfer, but there is a growing feeling within the club’s hierarchy that the time could be right to cut their losses 18 months after he was signed from Newcastle United for a club-record fee of £35 million.

Carroll has been linked with a loan move to AC Milan, but Liverpool have not received any approach from the Italian club, nor would they be willing to allow their record signing to depart on a temporary basis.

“Andy’s always going to be linked with clubs, whether he was here or not,” Rodgers said. “I have spoken to him on his holidays, he knows exactly where he stands, but I have had no inquiries about him.

“Andy’s a player I want to assess and speak with. We’ve already had a good chat on where we’re at. There have been many inquiries about our players, so I will assess them and hopefully put together a group of players to help us challenge.

“He’s no different to any player we have here. They might have all the attributes but not the mentality to play. It’s a wee bit unfair for Andy to get labelled any other way. He’s a good kid, a good lad, so we will just see how the formation of the group shapes up over the next four or five weeks.

“My task is to build a group that can challenge. Hopefully when the bus leaves at the end of pre-season, it will have the people on it who I want.”

Rodgers was at pains to stress his belief that Carroll is a quality player, but his continual references to the need to conform to a particular tactical set-up served to reinforce the growing feeling that the Liverpool manager remains to be convinced of his ability to function in a high-tempo front three.

“His strengths are quite clear to me,” Rodgers added. “The goal he scored for England [against Sweden] in the Euros typifies his strengths.

“He’s a very good player. He’s shown that in his short career already. Time will tell for him and all the players whether they are in my plans, but my job is to assess that and take it from there.”

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3470640.ece

No, that's just something you've just plucked out of your arse.

He's working under a board that wants a top four spot to increase revenue, nothing else matters to them.

Planning for the future with a 21 year old lad, that will probably take time to adjust and who's still learning the game isn't the best way to go about doing that as quickly as possible. It's better in the long run for Liverpool than signing a 30 year old striker though.

Very brave from Rodgers, and credit to him that he's putting the clubs future over his own.

Who says nothing else matters to them? Seriously, they've never said as much.

Well, you called him a useless cunt earlier, so I can't imagine you getting excited unless he's signs some ubermegasuperstar on a snip.

What do people think of the likely Spurs business deals?

Sigurdsson £8m

Vertonghen £7m

Adebayour £5m

We paid £20m for Downing.

Never mind sacking, someone should go to fucking prison for our transfer dealings.

Looking at those respective signings, there's no prizes for guessing which club most recently employed the charlatan Comolli.

Who says nothing else matters to them? Seriously, they've never said as much.

When you'd be willing to part ways with a manager who's done a domestic double (I know we didnt win the fa cup) in his first full season, despite losing Lucas for half of it, Gerrard showing up for less than ten games, the Suarez debacle and something that's quite important here, the bedding in of a few very young footballers.

Then it becomes quite clear that fuck all else matters other than that magical top four spot.

When you'd be willing to part ways with a manager who's done a domestic double (I know we didnt win the fa cup) in his first full season, despite losing Lucas for half of it, Gerrard showing up for less than ten games, the Suarez debacle and something that's quite important here, the bedding in of a few very young footballers.

Then it becomes quite clear that fuck all else matters other than that magical top four spot.

Yes, I would, because it was clear it wasnt working out.