You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I think it's all rather moot, because I prefer to ask where we were when he was impressive at Reading and didn't act then before Hoffenheim snapped him up.

This is the problem, identifying targets quicker than clubs like Reading, or in the case of Porto who got James Rodriguez for fuck all. Again, where are our scouts? Why aren't we proactively investing in excellent young talent at reasonable prices?

Fuck Gylfi and his wages, I'd rather pay 7 brilliant scouts £10,000 a week than give £70,000 a week to someone like him.

I'm sick to death of it. I'd love to punch our scouts in the face, the fucking useless twats.

This is what gets me , i agree with everything you say here.

Who are our scouts ? where are they set up/looking ? whats our South American set up like ? .. thats where its at.

We should have a team of them out there working their arses off finding us the best up and coming talent on that continent and all continents for that matter , the top Portuguese clubs always seem to find these quality young South Americans and flog them on for a fortune , its highly irritating we are fucking useless in this department.

This is what gets me , i agree with everything you say here.

Who are our scouts ? where are they set up/looking ? whats our South American set up like ? .. thats where its at.

We should have a team of them out there working their arses off finding us the best up and coming talent on that continent and all continents for that matter , the top Portuguese clubs always seem to find these quality young South Americans and flog them on for a fortune , its highly irritating we are fucking useless in this department.

A lot more relaxed laws in Portugal and Holland etc on work permits than it is in UK

you can pick good South american kids up but you cant get them permits

There's ways around that, look at Arsenals tie-in with Beveren, and the same with United and another Belgian club.

I'd also like us to work with a good lawyer and challenge this pesky law, because the national youth is obviously below the standard of other nations, so why can't we argue that we need these players because there just isnt the equivalent in this country?

"they took our jobs"

No they didn't, you're not good enough, not been trained very well, fuck off.

I can see Bale staying their for a lot longer!

Essentially because he is incredibly overated, nobody will pay that much for such a one dimensional player whom struggled as soon as managers learned how to nullify him. He could have been Barcelona's left back but Jordi Alba is a better, cheaper option.

He isn't overrated or one dimensional mate. I can't believe people underrate him so much if I'm honest.

He is the best winger in the premier league by far. If we signed him we would easily make the top 4 next season.

Guest ShoePiss

I wonder when we'll start signing players, deals are being done left and right despite players being at the Euros. Actually we probably won't be signing any of the players on show today or in the other semi so that doesn't even matter.

I hope we get them done before pre-season starts.

Guest ShoePiss
Sure we will, window opens 1st of july

we leave for the states when?

That's just for rubber stamps though isn't it? Deals are being done now. We'll probably leave on the 19/20th July, first game is 21st.

Strikes me as though this Spurs thing is a bit of a red herring. I don't buy that Spurs would offer that much more than us - 50% - whoever their new manager is wouldn't be that desperate for him surely. If he was that hot a ticket - you'd have more teams than us in at circa £7m plus modest-ish wages.

He's obviously got a lot of time for Rodgers as he agreed to sign for Swansea earlier this summer and given how quickly he pulled out after we brought Rodgers in I doubt he wanted to live on the Gower that much.

Looks like a public contract negotiation to me.

you can pick good South american kids up but you cant get them permits

knowing our luck we'll get them and they'll turn out shite, hopefully we can get some more like Jonjo though, really hope he is given a chance and continues his progress

I'd go for Redmond and Zaha, both off skint clubs before someone else does but that wouldnt appease people one bit

Most people would be fine with signing promising kids. But we need class.

We are sorely lacking class in midfield and attack - we've got Gerrard and Suarez and that's it and Gerrard's fitness can't be trusted.

I reckon a couple of old cheap quality players would do us well alongside some young'uns. Like when van der Vaart went to Spurs or Klose to Lazio, that kind of thing.

VDV is hardly old though Jose!

We should be looking in Real's reserves, players like Sahin just sitting there

Yeah, you know what I mean though. Players from other big clubs who are unwanted or people think are a bit past their best, but they've got class to spare and a couple of good years or more.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'd go for Redmond and Zaha, both off skint clubs before someone else does but that wouldnt appease people one bit

As always, there ate shit loads of players available who are on the cusp of the big time. We won't get them though