You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Oh Adam, where art thou tackling prowess and thy passing vision.

We deployed him very much as a DM last season. Which is why he fouled so much and he was so bad at tracking back and getting the ball.

He is a pure play-maker, CM style without any hindrance on defense hanging over his head.

Play him as such and he will perform. Any other way and he falls flat, which why whenever there is a DM alongside him he plays better.

Now I must say that I was the first to approve of him coming to us and the latest to turn on him when he under-preforming. There is player in there and when played in the right formation he is a asset to any team.

Oh Adam, where art thou tackling prowess and thy passing vision.

We deployed him very much as a DM last season. Which he fouled so much and he was so bad at tracking back and getting the ball.

He is a pure play-maker, CM style without any hindrance on defense hanging over his head.

Play him as such and he will perform. Any other way and he falls flat, which why whenever there is a DM alongside him he plays better.

Now I must say that I was the first to approve of him coming to us and the latest to turn on him when he under-preforming. There is player in there and when played in the right formation he is a asset to any team.

He was never a DM last season.

He played almost no throughballs. He did a couple of 40 yd switches of play. That was the extent of his playmaking.

Adam had a few good games alongside Lucas, whereas Lucas was very good in nearly game.

Adam still had some poor games in the first half of the season, but he was dreadful in the second half.

He needs a good DM to pick up the "slack" he leaves behind.

Lucas is excellent at that and Adam had no issue pushing forward and leaving him behind.

City 1 Liverpool 1 Nov 2011

Liv-MC.jpg

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2 March 2012

liv-ars.jpg

He was never a DM last season.

He played almost no throughballs. He did a couple of 40 yd switches of play. That was the extent of his playmaking.

I think you may find that the majority of his fouls happened when the was deployed in a much 'deeper' position in the middle i.e. CDM.

I think you may find that the majority of his fouls happened when the was deployed in a much 'deeper' position in the middle i.e. CDM.

The majority of his fouls happened as a result of being wrong side, tackling with the wrong leg and generally being out of puff when he finally never caught up with the guy he was chasing.

The majority of his fouls happened as a result of being wrong side, tackling with the wrong leg and generally being out of puff when he finally never caught up with the guy he was chasing.

Ok thats your view, my view is that he was playing too deep and that is why he was fouling as much as he did; he was forced to do something he was not good at.

I can back this up:

Charlie Adam Statistics

Positions:

Defensive Midfielder (Center)

and also some of the stats:

Total fouls 58 in 29 app and 44 interceptions.

Based on his position and stats that sounds very much like a DM to me.

Ok thats your view, my view is that he was playing too deep and that is why he was fouling as much as he did; he was forced to do something he was not good at.

I can back this up:

Charlie Adam Statistics

Positions:

Yeah OK, whatever. He'd still be shit in whatever role you gave him because he's that rare combination of slow, stupid and inconsistent.

My spider senses are tingling. You're scottish, right? :P

I can back this up:

Charlie Adam Statistics

Positions:

Adam stats Liverpool vs Blackpool:

Goals: 2 vs 12

Goal assist: 6 vs 8

Clean sheet: 8 vs 5

Red card: 1 vs 0

Yellow card: 4 vs 11

Fouls Conceded: 58 vs 70

Fouls won: 43 vs 91

Tackles lost 18 vs 13

Tackles won: 44 vs 62

Shot on target 11 vs 35

Total shot: 31 vs 79

Appearances: 28 vs 35

Att. created: 47 vs 64

Total Passes: 1372 vs 1883

Acc. Passes: 1054 vs 1311

Minutes played: 2175 vs 3051

He needs a good DM to pick up the "slack" he leaves behind.

Lucas is excellent at that and Adam had no issue pushing forward and leaving him behind.

City 1 Liverpool 1 Nov 2011

Liv-MC.jpg

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2 March 2012

liv-ars.jpg

Adam needs 2 defensive midfielders to make him look good and do his defensive work, maybe if we get special dispensation from FIFA we can play 12 players for the first 60 mins, until his little fat cheeks go red, he runs out of steam and he starts to fall over.

We could also ask FIFA if all opposition defenders could be made to kneel down so he doesn't constantly hit the first man

Yeah OK, whatever. He'd still be shit in whatever role you gave him because he's that rare combination of slow, stupid and inconsistent.

I have said the same thing mate but in retrospect I cant help but think we have misused him somewhat. Take off the defensive shackles on him and I think he will better for it

My spider senses are tingling. You're scottish, right? :P

Hehe ya would have thought wouldnt ya?

Edited by WhiskeyJar

If/When we sign this Sigurdsson presumably it'll be him, Lucas and Gerrard in a three as first choice. That'll still leave Shelvey, Henderson, Spearing and Adam. You'd think one or two of them will go, probably the latter two. Hopefully.

Although he could still be useful for us, I would like Shelvey to go on loan and get the benefit of a full season playing more regularly. Perhaps Swansea or West Brom might be interested as we now have good contacts there, otherwise I reckon Blackpool would have him back, he could go there until the New Year and then see if he could get the 2nd half of the season at a Prem team.

Although he could still be useful for us, I would like Shelvey to go on loan and get the benefit of a full season playing more regularly. Perhaps Swansea or West Brom might be interested as we now have good contacts there, otherwise I reckon Blackpool would have him back, he could go there until the New Year and then see if he could get the 2nd half of the season at a Prem team.

I'd wait until December before sending anyone off on loan. We'll have the Europa league group stages and qualifying rounds, which will be full of wank. Play the kids in them games.

Adam needs 2 defensive midfielders to make him look good and do his defensive work, maybe if we get special dispensation from FIFA we can play 12 players for the first 60 mins, until his little fat cheeks go red, he runs out of steam and he starts to fall over.

We could also ask FIFA if all opposition defenders could be made to kneel down so he doesn't constantly hit the first man

He is one of those players who taken out of context is a bad joke on a Friday night.

On the other hand though if you put Adam around players who actually enable him to play his game; he will play so well that you would think Xabi Alonso came back to Liverpool.

He is one of those players who taken out of context is a bad joke on a Friday night.

On the other hand though if you put Adam around players who actually enable him to play his game; he will play so well that you would think Xabi Alonso came back to Liverpool.

There can be only one ginger beard.

I'd wait until December before sending anyone off on loan. We'll have the Europa league group stages and qualifying rounds, which will be full of wank. Play the kids in them games.

I did say he could still be of use, but I think it would be better for his development at this stage in his career, and thus better for us in the long term, to play more games more regularly. We've already got Spearing, Henderson and Adam to play those games, and who will need to play themselves if they are not first choice, and we can promote from the reserves to cover them, it would be good for Coady or Suso to get a game for instance.

I would perhaps keep Shelvey for the qualifying stages of the Europa League, then send him off.