You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Kalou? I wouldn't say he's shit but just infuriating to watch. The fact that he has skill but manages to be lazy as fuck and choose the wrong option more often than not makes him seem even worse.

He gets goals because he gets served up chances by quality players, he's thrown on when Drogba's already run a defence ragged or the opposition is shit to start with. We'd need him to be more than the squad player Chelsea have used him as, and i don't see him making the step up.

New Xavi couldn't make the Dutch squad

I hope you're not suggesting anything by that?

Dutch team selection isn't a science, it's a popularity contest, I think we all know that.

The lad is 20, barely has 40 senior appearances at club level, and still nearly made the squad. 20. Takes all the set pieces for Feyenoord. 20.

He's basically Jack Wilshire but £30m cheaper.

Kalou is rubbish. Kuyt is better than Kalou if we want a slightly out of place out wide forward who scores the odd goal.

I may also add that I will have grave concerns about Rodgers if we start off by signing players he has worked with before. Swansea weren't very good, Kalou isn't very good. Need to target better players rather than just comfortable ones.

I see the words free transfer mentioned a lot. Have we learned nothing from Degen, Cole, Jovanovic etc.

Where exactly do you expect the hefty signing on fee and wages to come out of? Signing any player, will have an impact on this seasons and future budgets.

Bosman signings always get a decent wedge and can be very hard to shift if they don't work out. As we should know all to well. We've only paid some of them off not that long ago.

Kalou is rubbish. Kuyt is better than Kalou if we want a slightly out of place out wide forward who scores the odd goal.

I may also add that I will have grave concerns about Rodgers if we start off by signing players he has worked with before. Swansea weren't very good, Kalou isn't very good. Need to target better players rather than just comfortable ones.

Agree and very well said. Enough of all this rubbish to average players we've linked to. Please get a proper player and dont sell Aquilani. Aquilani > Adam and Henderson.

Exactly the sort of talent we should be trying to attract. Give it another 18 months and he'll be out of our reach. Do it now, before Newcastle or Sunderland make us look like cunts in the transfer Market once moe.

Read a few articles about him the week after a dubious source linked us, sounds class and would be a good foil to Lucas, but could perhaps cover for him as well if his defensive side is as good as the reports said (I can't open Youtube at work, so not seen him yet). Also sounds like he might not want to leave just yet.

World Soccer Talent Scout: Jordy Clasie | World Soccer

Jordy Clasie – Xavi in De Kuip - Netherlands

The ‘Dutch Xavi’ Jordy Clasie – from 'physically too weak’ to Euro 2012 candidate within six months - Goal.com

Redknapp leaving Spurs probably wouldn't have much influence on this as I doubt they could sign Adebayor permanently due to the wages but where will he be off now?

17 goals and 11 assists in the league, he'd be a good signing for someone. If we could get him on loan it could be a decent bit of business

Redknapp leaving Spurs probably wouldn't have much influence on this as I doubt they could sign Adebayor permanently due to the wages but where will he be off now?

17 goals and 11 assists in the league, he'd be a good signing for someone. If we could get him on loan it could be a decent bit of business

Can he play Tika Taka?

yeah don't see why they wouldn't allow us to if they didn't have a better offer, I'd say Spurs last year were more of a threat to them than we are now

but I like to have a variety of strikers and we've got the target man in Carroll, the allround brilliant one in Suarez, pace in Bellamy if we opted to use him there so I reckon we need a poacher, the sort that does fuck all but scores a lot