You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Sturridge wouldn't have made Hodson's England squad. Lacks discipline, too selfish. Welbeck on the other hand, looks a much better prospect. But I'd take a look at Sturridge for £15m.

Sturridge is miles better than Welbeck who is nothing but average in all areas, he is actually a decent squad player for Scum to have cos he'll probably never moan about game time, won't demand big wages and will score a reasonable amount in a decent team but if he was playing for anyone else, a club with less hype and bullshit around it he wouldn't be near the squad

Sturridge wouldn't have made Hodson's England squad. Lacks discipline, too selfish. Welbeck on the other hand, looks a much better prospect. But I'd take a look at Sturridge for £15m.

Wasn't there something going on between him and Torres last season ? he wouldn't ever pass to him because he was pissed that he wasnt in the team ahead of him ? something like that.

I'ld take Sturridge over Welbeck every day of the week , its not even close , he could be top draw if he sorts his shit out , Welbeck i cant see ever being anything better than decent.

BBC Sport Gossip reporting links to Sturridge today from the Star. £15m being quoted. I'd be happy with it actually, he looks very decent to me does Sturridge.

Let's not forget he's only a young lad. He is still getting better. He was Chelsea's best striker by some distance in the first half of their season, though did tail off after christmas admittedly. Poor spells are to be expected though when a striker is emerging.

I'd lose a lot of faith in Rodger's ability and judgement if we did value/buy Sturridge at anything like £15m.

He's not a bad player but is of a standard where taking a £5m gamble on him like Chelsea did is understandable. But if that opportunity was missed, just look elsewhere for similar value.

I like Sturridge, but there's far better ways to spend 15m.

I do agree with that in a way, although I think Sturridge is quality and can play all across a front three, which makes the price look a lot fairer.

But it's £15m, and there's a wealth of talent out there. I suppose you've got to give Rodgers time to get his scouting network in place though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I do agree with that in a way, although I think Sturridge is quality and can play all across a front three, which makes the price look a lot fairer.

But it's £15m, and there's a wealth of talent out there. I suppose you've got to give Rodgers time to get his scouting network in place though.

Whilst I think we can be better spend, we've seen we can spend 15m in a lot worse way, too.

Just what we need, another overpriced very average English youngster. We just cant get enough of them !

I would rather Sterling or Morgan get given a chance than spunk 15m on the likes of Sturridge.

We can get far,far better value for money abroad.

This! 15m is way too much, silly season has truly began.

His scouting network should be established long before he arrived at Liverpool

His scouting network should be established long before he arrived at Liverpool

Agreed and just watching videos of us last season would highlight the gaps in our play and squad. I think BR will have most of his targets already worked out. Most of the time needed may be on working out who is available to us?

BBC Sport Gossip reporting links to Sturridge today from the Star. £15m being quoted. I'd be happy with it actually, he looks very decent to me does Sturridge.

Let's not forget he's only a young lad. He is still getting better. He was Chelsea's best striker by some distance in the first half of their season, though did tail off after christmas admittedly. Poor spells are to be expected though when a striker is emerging.

In fairness the only place linking us with him so far is that laughable fucking comic the daily star.

IF there's any truth in it I'd be happy that we're looking at someone who scored 11 goals in 28 league appearances last season. Better than any stats our load of misfiring numbarses can provide. Plus if he is a bit of a billy big bollocks Liverpool could be just the place to sort himself out. He's surrounded by prissy primadonna arsewipes at Chelsea which won't help anyone sort therir attitude out.

An interesting stat from the 09/10-season: Diame won 173 tackles, more than anyone else in the PL and two more than Mascherano.

According to the OPTA stats I've got, he attempted 176 tackles, and he won 125. Mascherano attempted 178 and won 144. Always possible that the different firms that record these things define a tackle differently though.

Here's an interesting stat from last season. 6'1" tall Diame attempted an arial duel every 72.5 minutes, of which he won 45.5%. 5'6" Spearing attempted an arial duel more often at 1 every 68.5 minutes, of which he won a higher % at 47.4%.

Sigurdsson was going to be their record signing, for us he'd be a pretty low priced punt, of course his targets would have changed.

He's likely running the rule over our previously established targets and coming up with a few of his own. The Euros, and lack of movement, may actually be helping us while we get organised.