You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Wikipedia: Borussia Dortmund

On 6 June, Borussia Dortmund officially confirmed on its website that the club had agreed terms with CSKA Moscow for the transfer of Dzagoev. The midfielder agreed personal terms with the club and passed a medical examination. The transfer fee was rumoured to be priced at £10 million, while Dzagoev will receive a weekly wage of around £50,000.[140] . This is because departure of Shinji Kagawa to Manchester United .

Fuck sakes, why are we never anywhere near these types of deals?

I can see it now, Arsenal get Podolski, Chelsea get Hazard, Marin and Hulk, Man Utd get Modric and Kagawa and we'll be sitting around wondering why we are 30 points behind them after we've spunked our whole budget awesome players like Scott Sinclair and Darren Bent.

Borussia Dortmund have officially confirmed nothing. Except Mats Hummels contract extension - which in itself is a real shame. Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable place to search for transfer gossip.

Did you edit it? Yeah ok, I agree Wiki sucks balls. Look at this shit now 5 minutes later:

Manchester United

On 6 June, Manchester United officially confirmed on its website that the club had agreed terms with CSKA Moscow for the transfer of Dzagoev. The midfielder agreed personal terms with the club and passed a medical examination. The transfer fee was rumoured to be priced at £10 million, while Dzagoev will receive a weekly wage of around £50,000.

No i didn't, not that i could even be bothered to - if i even knew how to do it. It wouldn't surprise me if the Mancs pulled off something decent off the back of the Euro's tho, while we faff about deciding if we want to go for Sigurdsson or not. I hate transfer window's now, absolutely hate them - because of how inept we have become at signing players. Its embarrassing watching our rivals strengthen, while we identify mediocrity and then over-pay for it. Summer and Jan 1st-31st are not pleasant times for LFC fans hoping to be surprised these days.

If you knew what you were talking about you would know that he was only in the side because goetze has been injured a lot. Trust me on this one, groskreutz and goetze are their first choice widemen. Kuba is shite, he will leave dortmund this summer and hopefully won't join us.

I know why he's playing more and how the pecking order in Dortmund looks like so no real need for this "if you knew". But I just let you know a simple fact that he has played in 29 league games this season so that means that you saying he hardly gets a game is simply not correct, however the reason for that is Mario's injury as you mentioned. He's not my favourite either but judging from our last few "winger" buys he's still better than that.

I know why he's playing more and how the pecking order in Dortmund looks like so no real need for this "if you knew". But I just let you know a simple fact that he has played in 29 league games this season so that means that you saying he hardly gets a game is simply not correct, however the reason for that is Mario's injury as you mentioned. He's not my favourite either but judging from our last few "winger" buys he's still better than that.

Plus if Gotze being good enough to keep you out of the side makes you a bad player then there's a pretty small list of good players in the world.

Wikipedia: Borussia Dortmund

On 6 June, Borussia Dortmund officially confirmed on its website that the club had agreed terms with CSKA Moscow for the transfer of Dzagoev. The midfielder agreed personal terms with the club and passed a medical examination. The transfer fee was rumoured to be priced at £10 million, while Dzagoev will receive a weekly wage of around £50,000.[140] . This is because departure of Shinji Kagawa to Manchester United .

I feel stupid for my previous statement!

Hector Herrera anyone?

"We have a sort of deal between the two clubs, in that Liverpool would be the first in line should the player emigrate to Europe. There's no formal offer yet, only interest, no verbal agreement or pre-contract. Liverpool's people came to Mexico on a general scouting trip, there's a declared interest in Herrera."

Cant say I've ever seen him play but "winger" sounds like a good start!

Haha, that's pretty much the extent of my enthusiasm as well. All for it if it includes that Bueno kid we took on trial last year as well, he was class in the U17s last summer and Pelosi, Redmond, Coulibaly and Sterling etc have convinced me that's a decent gauge of talent.

uhuUOo4oKks

I see that liverpool is also interested in Hector Herrera, he plays in Pachuca too. i really hope that those rumors are true because Herrera is an awesome player

well i don't know to whom i compare him, because he first was lateral defender, but when he play for Mexico's team he play as a midfielder, and in that position is where he has more talent, I mean, he is really fast, he gives long passes, he has an amazing dribbling and you know, he is a quick thinker, the wey he moves in the field is really planned in his mind. he is very smart when he's attacking, i really hope he make it to liverpool, it will be amazing seeing him there.

yea i've read stories that we've got first option to buy him if he is to move europe? Can't say I've heard much of him before we were linked with him? Who would you compare Herrera style of play with? And also around how much would he cost?

Comments from another youtube video (Pachuca vs Puebla 3-1 Jornada 2 Clausura 2012 Futbol Mexicano - Goles - YouTube), although I can't find any vids on Herrera specifically.

edit: bored today btw...

What we need more if is people making insightful comments about other clubs being in for superstarts and us paying £20 million for Bobby Zamora, etc. Never gets old, that.

It's ridiculously tedious, Kenny and Comolli arent even at the fucking club anyway! And people are spewing this shit based on wikipedia entries. Truly bizarre.

daniel sturridge linked in the papers tomorrow at 15 million, he is average, british and over-rated so it's good to see our transfer policy remains consistent

also has a dodgy primadonna attitude

There's a top player in there somewhere, but he thinks he's already made it, doesn't strike me as the sort to put his head down and work hard to improve.

Adam Johnson would be perfect for us a young fast winger with good ability who is hungry and has a point to prove.

We seem to sign a lot of players who crumble under pressure,Johnson seemed to have no problem with this when he moved to city and started playing for England.He and Stevie also have a good understanding on the pitch and I think he would be a great signing, hope we get him.

• Downvote 1

We seem to sign a lot of players who crumble under pressure,Johnson seemed to have no problem with this when he moved to city and started playing for England.

See, I'd say a player who faded from starting contention for both while building a reputation as a pisshead has not handled the pressure all that well to be honest.