You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

apparently Nigel Clough has confirmed his interest in signing Jack Robinson on loan next season, be a good move for him if he can get regular first team football there which im sure he can based on his performances when given a go for us

With Aurelio's contract coming to an end, Robinson will be our number 2 LB next season, and with us being in the Europa there should be plenty of chances for him to get a game here. If he could get 10-15 games here next season, that would be pretty good for a 19 year old. If we let him go on loan, we would then need to get someone else in as cover for Enrique, which will cost a bit of money, be it transfer fee, signing on fee (so you'd probably be looking at a 2 year contract at least) or loan fee (can't see someone good enough coming to us on loan to sit on our bench though). So whilst it might be better for him personally to go on loan, I think in this situation, we need him here more.

Be a good move for Flannagan though.

With Aurelio's contract coming to an end, Robinson will be our number 2 LB next season, and with us being in the Europa there should be plenty of chances for him to get a game here. If he could get 10-15 games here next season, that would be pretty good for a 19 year old. If we let him go on loan, we would then need to get someone else in as cover for Enrique, which will cost a bit of money, be it transfer fee, signing on fee (so you'd probably be looking at a 2 year contract at least) or loan fee (can't see someone good enough coming to us on loan to sit on our bench though). So whilst it might be better for him personally to go on loan, I think in this situation, we need him here more.

Be a good move for Flannagan though.

same thing did cross my mind but although I prefer a left footer there Johnson, Kelly and Flanagan could all cover left back and have played there with one of the other 2 playing right back, I also wouldn't mind seeing Agger at left back and Coates coming in at times if Enrique is injured or out of form

Clint Dempsey anyone? i rate him and,sadly we now need to think like this, it makes business sense,esp with a tour of the usa coming up.

Fuck sake, this has been done to death. As far as im concerned he's dick and his behavior in the game at craven cottage earlier this season left a lot to be desired.

He's out of FSG's age criteria id imagine + he's only had one good season and at 29 that's nowhere good enough for me.

SURELY we can attract a younger hungrier better forward.

From the Colombia reports website.

Colombian striker Jackson Martinez denies Liverpool FC move

Wednesday, 25 April 2012 10:45 Marc Hall

Colombia Reports- Jackson Martinez

Colombian attacker Jackson Martinez, who currently plays for Mexico's Jaguares de Chiapas, has rebuffed rumors he is about to join England's Liverpool F.C., according to news agency Radio Santa Fe.

Martinez also denied reports the "Reds" had already spent a huge sum of money to secure his signature.

The comment came after Mexican sports journalist Jorge Zambrano claimed the premier league club had already paid some of Martinez's transfer fee, saying "The board of directors at Liverpool in England have paid three of nine million dollars," adding "now I can safely say Jackson is a Liverpool player."

The Colombian international said no such transaction had taken place and vowed to fulfill his contract at Jaguares, saying "The most important thing right now is to fulfill my role with Jaguares in the Clausura [league competition], and then discuss our future."

Martinez added, "I would like this to be solved. In reality this is an awkward situation (...) People spoke [Monday] to me from my country to congratulate me on my move to Liverpool (...) Until now there has been nothing. I spoke over the phone to [Jaguares president] Guillermo Cantu and asked him to be transparent with me, I am still waiting for news."

If the rumors prove true, Martinez would become the second Colombian to play in the Premier League, joining Wigan Athletic's Hugo Rodallega.

Up front.

RwRjW5t4RfQ

Excellent vid.

Left foot, right foot, head. I like some of his diagonal runs between centre backs - touch of the Rushies about them. Seems to be a battler as well.

Hope he can do the same in the prem.

At 3m got to be worth a punt.

Fuck sake, this has been done to death. As far as im concerned he's dick and his behavior in the game at craven cottage earlier this season left a lot to be desired.

He's out of FSG's age criteria id imagine + he's only had one good season and at 29 that's nowhere good enough for me.

SURELY we can attract a younger hungrier better forward.

bit in bold is bollocks, hes been great at what he does for years, if he played like he does there for us I'd definately want him but that doesn't always happen as we've seen with Carroll and Downing

bit in bold is bollocks, hes been great at what he does for years, if he played like he does there for us I'd definately want him but that doesn't always happen as we've seen with Carroll and Downing

This is the first year he's been good and more importantly consistent!! before that he rarely registered on the radar, if anything he was decent!

He's a fuckin twat, and he's too old.

Don't get why he keeps getting a mention on here. Why not go for Yakubu, same amount of goals this season, same age??? Grant Holt 2 years older, 3 goals less this season?

Surely we can do better than Dempsey....Where's Dempseys sell on value??? How much would we pay for him?? how long would his contract be? and how much would we get back for selling him on?

Dead money to me

This is the first year he's been good and more importantly consistent!! before that he rarely registered on the radar, if anything he was decent!

He's a fuckin twat, and he's too old.

Don't get why he keeps getting a mention on here. Why not go for Yakubu, same amount of goals this season, same age??? Grant Holt 2 years older, 3 goals less this season?

Surely we can do better than Dempsey....Where's Dempseys sell on value??? How much would we pay for him?? how long would his contract be? and how much would we get back for selling him on?

Dead money to me

I didnt say sign him I said its bollocks that he has only had one good season, he isn't an out and out striker and has been scoring goals at a good rate for a player in his position at an average club for years

I didnt say sign him I said its bollocks that he has only had one good season, he isn't an out and out striker and has been scoring goals at a good rate for a player in his position at an average club for years

180 appearances 49 goals. Fuck him.

Then we should set up a player appreciation thread and put Mr Dempsey at the top of the pile. (apologies for being a smart fuck)

Not understanding why he's getting mentioned in a transfer thread if people aren't pushing for him to be signed?

You seem confused. You have posted his excellent goal scoring record, and then preceded to criticise him. That makes no sense.

You obviously have lower standards than me.. I expect a striker to score more than one goal every 4 games..

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I do wonder who is insisting on the 'gay' tags in every thread I post in. Iceman? Chauncey? It's irksome that you consider homosexuality to be an insult. I bet you're secretly racist, too. Though, I do admire your commitment to following me around the forum, taking your own time to create tags about me being gay.

It looks like Dirk is leaving this summer and I think Dempsey could be a decent replacement for him if so. He's 29 and I read recently he had 22 goals in all competitions this season, and is an actual midfielder, which Dirk never truly was. He's also out of contract which means a transfer fee would not be required (signing on fee will though).

But like everybody else, I'd prefer something younger and with more quality but I don't he'd be a bad option in the case i've just listed.