You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Eziz Allamov þ @EzizAllamov Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Liverpool have made an initial payment of £3m to Jaguares for Jackson Martines. The total transfer fee is £9m. [via LigaPostobon] #LFC

Haven't got a clue who the poster is, or the player for that matter.

Sorry missed the above posts. The feller runs like he has shit himself.

In the article linked above, and another I have also seen, it says Dollars, so $9m is about £5.6m at current rates.

I think Kenny must settle on a formation first. If we persist (incorrectly, in my opinion) playing a 442, we need at least two proven wingers. However, if we use a 4231, we could by one quality forward and also have a gamble on someone like Moses.

I think Hoilett would be perfect as a wide forward in a 4231. His biggest weakness is probably crossing the ball. But, in a 4231, the full back is generally the widest attacking player. He reminds me of Ashley Young but with better dribbling ability and poorer crossing.

What would help us, is a big box to box midfielder to assist Lucas. My dream would be to buy Rodwell from the bitters for 18 Mill. A midfield of Rodwell and Lucas would have us set for the next ten years. Then buy Hoilett, Moses and a back up striker. I think that team would challenge for a champions league spot.

Striker - Carroll Back up - Suarez, AN Other

Wide Forward - Suarez, Hoilett Back up - Moses, Downing, Sterling, Gerrard

No 10 - Gerrard Back up - Hoilett, Shelvey, Henderson

CMs - Lucas, Rodwell Back up - Henderson, Gerrard, Spearing

Full backs - Johnson, Enrique Back up - Kelly, Henderson, Agger

Centre Half - Skrtel, Agger Back up - Coates, Kelly, Wisdom

Sounds more like a bloody nightmare.

20 odd million on another average overatted English pile of shite who doesn't score ......... what does he actually do ? he doesn't even get in the Everton team half the time.

Shocking that fans think like this after whats gone on in the transfer market recently with us .... fuck it we just aswell throw 20 million at Agbonlahor whilist were in the habit of burning millions of pounds.

Looking at the vids he has more than enough pace for a prolific goalscorer ...

His acceleration into space and timing of his runs says to me he clearly understands how to lead the line .. not only that he seems two footed and is a superb header of the ball. If 9 mill is the price then he is in the same price bracket that Cisse cost in January ... how many knew of him before he signed ... not many.

I see Porto are interested too, or were and they took his Colombian strike partner Falcao a few years back .. so for a quarter ish of what Carroll cost doesn't seem a massive risk.

I agree at the price it is worth the risk, we've often lamented not taking the risk when it's been needed.

As for our network of scouts is there any contact addresses for them as I'd like to send them all one of these.

821-05399255w.jpg

That Martinez looks great in the air on that video and looks like he knows how to finish , for that money its worth a go , as has been said look at Cisse for Newcastle , we have to be prepared to take these punts ............ its relieving to know that we are actually looking far and wide for players.

Sounds more like a bloody nightmare.

20 odd million on another average overatted English pile of shite who doesn't score ......... what does he actually do ? he doesn't even get in the Everton team half the time.

Shocking that fans think like this after whats gone on in the transfer market recently with us .... fuck it we just aswell throw 20 million at Agbonlahor whilist were in the habit of burning millions of pounds.

No he doesn't score. But anyone who watched this season will tell you that we need cover for Lucas and a preferred partner for Lucas. Adam is not that player, Henderson may become that player. Gerrard can be that player, but is wasted in a deep role.

For me priority one, is creative help. Not a striker, but a wide creative player who is also a goal threat. However, a solid midfield pairing in a 4231 allows your attacking players, including full backs, to attack with some confidence.

Think of Arsenal's great team. They had Petit and Viera as midfielders. They almost never scored. They did lay the foundation for a very attacking team.

Think of Arsenal's great team. They had Petit and Viera as midfielders. They almost never scored. They did lay the foundation for a very attacking team.

I think Peit and Vieira are almost a perfect example of the modern midfield partnership.

They were both ostensibly holding/ defensive midfielders who could tackle and cover ground quickly.

But they were also physically imposing, had lovely technique and passing range, could join in with attacks (usually while one stayed further back) and both could chip in with 4 or 5 goals a season, and both were fierce competitors and proven winners.

Brilliant.

I think Peit and Vieira are almost a perfect example of the modern midfield partnership.

They were both ostensibly holding/ defensive midfielders who could tackle and cover ground quickly.

But they were also physically imposing, had lovely technique and passing range, could join in with attacks (usually while one stayed further back) and both could chip in with 4 or 5 goals a season, and both were fierce competitors and proven winners.

Brilliant.

So nothing like what we have.

Brilliant.

They were a great pair in the middle,gave arsenal a really settle spine through the middle.

The midfield got enough goals for them through Overmars and with Bergkamp,Wright,Anelka they were able to kill teams off.

These were days when 77/85ptd got the title

The pessimism expressed by some of our supporters is unwarranted. Newcastle have shown that if you buy the right players at the right prices it is possible to make dramatic improvements in a short space of time. We have a lot more cachet and financial clout than Newcastle so there is no reason why we cannot attract the type of players required to at least challenge for the Champions League places.

Our defenders and goalkeepers are on par with any of the clubs currently sitting above us in the league so there is no need for any investment there. Our problems this season (and last) have been in midfield and up front and these areas need to be addressed.

If we were to adopt the following strategy when revamping our squad I have no doubt we would at least claim a Champions League spot next season:-

Sell / Release

Brad Jones, Fabio Aurelio, Joe Cole, Alberto Aquilani, Charlie Adam, Maxi, Dirk Kuyt, Danny Wilson, Dani Pacheco

Buy (One player from as many of the following categories as finances will allow)

Right Winger - Lucas Moura (Sao Paolo) Eden Hazard (Lille), James Rodriguez (Porto), Ibrahim Affellay (Barca), Mario Gotze (Borussia Dortmund), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)

Left Winger - Iker Muinian (Bilbao), Marko Marin (Weder Bremen), Dries Mertens (PSV), Christian Tello (Barca)

Centre Midfield - Kevin Strootman (PSV), Yann M’Vila (Rennes), Javi Martinez (Bilbao)

Striker - Luc Castaigones (Inter), Luuk de Jong (Twente), Ricky Van Wolfswinkel (Sporting), Leandro Damiao (Internacional)

Loan (Only if we cannot buy a player from the relevant category above)

Milos Krasic (Juve), Adam Johnson (Man City), Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid), Emmanuel Adebayor ( Man City), Seydou Keita (Barca)

Free Transfers

Junior Hoillet (Blackburn), Mohamed Diame (Wigan)

Obviously I have no idea if the above is achieveable but it is intended to show that there are plenty of options out there if we are prepared to look outside England and hopefully our scouts have identified a long list of affordable players that can address the glaring deficiencies in our squad.

The pessimism expressed by some of our supporters is unwarranted. Newcastle have shown that if you buy the right players at the right prices it is possible to make dramatic improvements in a short space of time.

And we have shown that with shit scouting, a crap strategy and 100m you can go backwards really fast. Unless our first business is to buy newcastle's setup, I don't see what the fact that they are good at this shit, unlike us, has to do with us.

And we have shown that with shit scouting, a crap strategy and 100m you can go backwards really fast. Unless our first business is to buy newcastle's setup, I don't see what the fact that they are good at this shit, unlike us, has to do with us.

Fair enough but I suspect that is exactly why Comolli was sent packing. We clearly need to buy players if we want to improve and the owners will either bring in somebody else to implement a different strategy or entrust Kenny with that responsibility. I will be shocked if we don't adopt a very different approach this Summer and hopefully it will bring far better results. At the very least, we need to look outside England.

Jesus christ there are some proper shit suggestions in this thread - more average players who at best have surprised at smaller clubs and most likely will not be able to carry the expectations at a club like LFC - no thanks, we tried that route last year.... (I do not mean all UK/PL suggestions, but quite a few)

Kenny deserves another year, but if he spends all the cash on mediocre British talent one more summer he better pray last seasons buys comes good next year, or he'll be thrown to the curb and the club will be in a terrible state!

That Martinez looks great in the air on that video and looks like he knows how to finish , for that money its worth a go , as has been said look at Cisse for Newcastle , we have to be prepared to take these punts ............ its relieving to know that we are actually looking far and wide for players.

Lets hope he has sa similar effect to Hernandez at the scum. Probably a better comparsion seeing that they are both from the Mexican league and relatively unknown in Europe.

Don't normally post in these kind of threads, and probably won't ever again, but here's a few players who I'd like us to go after in the summer.

Moussa Sissoko - Toulouse

Box to box central midfielder. 22 years old, 6'2". This lad is going to be a very good player.

Patrick Herrmann - Gladbach

Would have preferred Marco Reus, but he's off to Dortmund. Herrmann is a tricky little player, comfortable on the right or through the middle behind a forward. 21 years old, 5'10".

Marko Marin - Werder Bremen

Another of these small elusive attacking midfielders that seem to be the in thing in modern football. Comfortable on both flanks and through the middle. 23 years old, 5'7".

Andre Ayew - Marseille

Bundles of talent, comfortable anywhere in a forward position. 22 years old, 5'9".

Jordan Ayew - Marseille

Younger brother of Andre, and equally as talented, although plays primarily as a centre forward. Goals have been in short supply during his career's infancy, but he's certainly one to watch. 20 years old, 5'11".

Havard Nordtveidt - Gladbach

Holding midfielder, can also play in the centre of defence. 21 years old, 6'2".

Rasmus Elm? Has to be diseased and Dutch with a name like that.

Liverpool scouting AZ Alkmaar's Rasmus Elm - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Liverpool scouting £7m Swede (report)

Published 14:38 24/04/12 By MirrorFootball

(2)

Recommend

Sweden's-Rasmus-Elm-cropped

Liverpool are preparing the ground for a summer move for Rasmus Elm, after sending their top scout to check out the Sweden international, according to reports.

The 24-year-old midfielder has impressed for Dutch side AZ Alkmaar this season, scoring 12 goals in total for them this season – the sort of stat that has got goal-shy Liverpool interested.

A week before he was relived of his duties at Anfield, Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli reportedly sent talent-spotter Steve Hitchen to compile a report on Elm.

The departure of Comolli has reportedly not extinguished the interest, and Kenny Dalglish is thought to be keen to bring the £7million-rated Swede to Merseyside.