You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Proberbly get slated, but how about a punt on Southhamptons Liverpool born striker Rickie Lambert, his stats over the past two seasons are 37, 09/10 season, 29, 10/11 season and 24 up to now, problem is he is 28,but this guy sure knows where the net is.

By the way, early call, but I wonder if a couple more good cameos from Sterling will result in the media asking about a wildcard slot for England this Summer?

A tad. He's played 6 minutes hasn't he?

People in the know seem to think Oxtail-Chamberpot won't even get near the squad, so for Sterling to get there isn't very likely at all.

And neither should he.

Walcott made a number of first team appearances for Southampton, albeit at a lower standard obviously - and scored some cracking goals.

Oh and a hefty £12m price tag probably helped to grab people's attention.

Sterling has nowhere near the same amount of experience Walcott had in 2006.

A tad. He's played 6 minutes hasn't he?

People in the know seem to think Oxtail-Chamberpot won't even get near the squad, so for Sterling to get there isn't very likely at all.

And neither should he.

I've heard that to , Fucking madness if he doesn't get taken along , i'ld throw him in at the deep end and start him , he would swim to i bet ....... he is already a quality player.

Proberbly get slated, but how about a punt on Southhamptons Liverpool born striker Rickie Lambert, his stats over the past two seasons are 37, 09/10 season, 29, 10/11 season and 24 up to now, problem is he is 28,but this guy sure knows where the net is.

I mentioned about him in the 'other games' thread .... not us signing him .........though he would of had 12 PL goals at least for us this year if he was in our team but we can say that about dozens of strikers.

Lambert has got quality , mainly knowing how to put the ball in the net , he will do well for Saints next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently (first I've heard of it), we've been chasing another Suarez. Matias Suarez of Anderlecht.

[YOUTUBE]F5ZJLWPxzwU[/YOUTUBE]

He seems to coveted by Arsenal, City, United and us (which is quite hilarious, because if thats the case, we won't get near him).

Recently Milan Jovanovic came out publicly to tell M. Suarez (his now team mate) not to go to Liverpool and generally slandered the city, saying it led him to tears. Aldridge just came out and called him an idiot, saying his performances led hundreds of Liverpool fans to tears.

Anyway, aside from the soap opera - is this guy any good? I know it is probably futile because I cant see a player choosing us over the top three (p.s. this is why league position matters).

It'd just be pretty darn awesome to have two Suarez's playing up front.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Why would he possibly choose Arsenal ahead of us? They've gone seven years without a trophy!

I've got to hand it to you, I like your 'I'm going to make your arguments silly by applying your dodgy logic to real world situations in a mocking, yet deadpan way' style of argument.

It is all very well saying 'United, City and Arsenal are after him so he won't come to us' but they can't all sign for those three clubs! Would United spend £40m on Hazzard, when they have Nani, Daley and Valencia? Would City spend it when they need to buy a striker and a Centre Half, and would Arsenal spend it when they need a Centre Half and a Centre Mid?

It is all very well saying 'United, City and Arsenal are after him so he won't come to us' but they can't all sign for those three clubs! Would United spend £40m on Hazzard, when they have Nani, Daley and Valencia? Would City spend it when they need to buy a striker and a Centre Half, and would Arsenal spend it when they need a Centre Half and a Centre Mid?

Barcelona

Madrid

Juventus

AC Milan

Napoli

Man Utd

Man City

Arsenal

Chelsea

Tottenham

Valencia

Malaga

Bayern

There are quite a few clubs who are more attractive than us, despite our illustrious history. Of course, that doesn't mean every player will choose every one of them above us.

If we want to improve as a club we're going to have to be smarter and quicker than the clubs around us. We won't have much chance signing players who are in demand (or in high demand, at least).

Disregarding all other aspects of his management, do people feel that Kenny and Comolli can do that in the transfer market?

Barcelona

Madrid

Juventus

AC Milan

Napoli

Man Utd

Man City

Arsenal

Chelsea

Tottenham

Valencia

Malaga

Bayern

There are quite a few clubs who are more attractive than us, despite our illustrious history. Of course, that doesn't mean every player will choose every one of them above us.

If we want to improve as a club we're going to have to be smarter and quicker than the clubs around us. We won't have much chance signing players who are in demand (or in high demand, at least).

Disregarding all other aspects of his management, do people feel that Kenny and Comolli can do that in the transfer market?

This is where scouts are supposed to earn their corn

We haven't signed him according to their chairman:

"At the moment, we know that Liverpool is interested. But that's all it is at this point, an interest," Fassi told ESPN.

Fassi maintains that any potential move made will have to be on a permanent basis, though, before stating his belief that Herrera would take the Premier League by storm.

He continued: "If [Herrera leaves], it will be thanks to a sale. We will not loan him out or send him for a trial."

"[Herrera] can surely be one of the Premier League's best players in two or three seasons. He's that good."