You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

That's Shaquiri off the shopping list, confirmed on Bayern website, 10m Euros.

Why? I know Bayern pay big wages, and it's right next door to Switzerland, and they're guaranteed CL football every season, ...but why?

if you said that about any other German club you'd have a point but Bayern are huge and up there with us, the scum, Real, Barca and both Milan clubs

and although I'm usually the sort who'd say that I think a player would be better of playing for say Aston Villa than Celtic/Rangers or Porto, Ajax etc to play in a much better league the only clubs I imagine would be more attractive than Bayern are the ones mentioned above aside from us (currently), who wouldn't want to play Champions League football alongside Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Muller, Schweinsteiger, Gomez etc

fantastic club

we need another lucas type

a winger

a forward

we aren't that far off

Another average Lucas type of player? Why not say another winger like Downing? a forward like Carroll?

We need another Mascherano type of player if we want to sign another defensive midfielder. Not Lucas type of player.

Shaqiri signing for Bayern could signal an exit for Robben who doesn't have long on his contract

injury prone and a cunt

but when fit a brilliant player

yay or nay?

probably be hard for us to sign too but then I can't see Chelsea, Real, Barca being interested

City and Scum maybe but they both have plenty of wing options, can the Italians afford him? We're more attractive than Arsenal wherever each team finishes, Tottenham dead certs to be in for him if Redknapp's in charge

Shaqiri signing for Bayern could signal an exit for Robben who doesn't have long on his contract

injury prone and a cunt

but when fit a brilliant player

yay or nay?

probably be hard for us to sign too but then I can't see Chelsea, Real, Barca being interested

City and Scum maybe but they both have plenty of wing options, can the Italians afford him? We're more attractive than Arsenal wherever each team finishes, Tottenham dead certs to be in for him if Redknapp's in charge

Brilliant player but alwyas injured. Considering our luck with signing players who are injury prone i would say no.

Lucas is first choice in that position so we need back up for him

Hazard and Cavani for the other two spots please

I agree with the overall assessment and those two players. That said I really want us to put in a competitive bid for Lucas Moura. If we got Moura, Hazard, and Cavani I think we'll be looking amazing this time next season.

A DM as cover would be nice but I'm not so sure it's a priority. We'll have to see how Lucas looks when he recovers.

Cavani, Hazard and Moura would cost another 100 million.

We aren't paying that lol. I would be satisfied if we managed to sign one of those three. Want Moura more than Hazard tough.

Yea I agree the chances of us getting all 3 is pretty much non-existent. Depending on how Carroll finishes the season and what we do with Kuyt in the summer though we could possibly just need a back up striker more so than someone to come in and start right away. Hazard and Moura are a bit different though, I could see us getting one of them, and possibly both. All depends on how much Sao Paulo end up wanting from Moura I don't think anyone will meet their valuation of him (what was it 40M?). I also think Hazard will go lower than Lille have set the price but with him I could see more teams getting in to a bidding war so it's possible they get their wish.

Cavani is the least likely of the three for me.

Our priority should be trying to attain players of the quality as those mentioned above regardless the price. I just can't see us ever being a dominant force in the league and Europe until we do.

Trying is one thing but succeeding is quite different. The main problem is the inflation caused by teams like City, Chelsea, Madrid and to a lesser extent Barca.

Now Barca has been able to spend big because their academy has paid off so well that they only need one or two players every summer, rather than 3-4.

The other three pay inflated transfer prices at inflated wages and at least 2 of the 3 seem to just want to hoard all the talent they can whether they actually need those players or not, in Madrid's case it's to their detriment because they're always buying the new next big attacking "legend" rather than strengthening positions that they need to strengthen. City is somewhat like this as well.

Save us being bought by some super wealthy billionaire that's not the model we're going to be embracing anytime soon, it would be unsustainable for us.

Keep Bellamy and Suarez - then replace the rest of attack with better players. Kuyt, Downing, Carroll, Maxi are either too old, not worth what they are getting paid, not good enough!