You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Britain's Gay Footballers

gkmacca

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My missus reckons Henderson's gay.

I couldn't care less if any footballers are or not. Don't see no reason why they should be shouting it from the rooftops either mind you.

This is it for me. I'd imagine that gay footballers are happy to just get on with playing football and leave it at that.

The biggest danger is an affair or relationship being picked up on and published by the gutter press.

The supporters will use anything that they perceive unsettles the player and this is probably a big fear for them.

Have a read of some of Mr Noos posts and you will see he is our own lovable rogue who always sticks two fingers up at the PC brigade.

Oh, come on. 'A loveable rogue sticking two fingers up at the PC brigade'? Jesus christ, Bernard Manning would be proud of some of the goons on here.

But anyway, I'm out. Suffice to say, some of the attitudes in this thread have surprised me. From the bloke who casually labelled Fashanu a paedophile to the bloke who labelled all religious folk thick to your 'loveable rogue'.

Oh, come on. 'A loveable rogue sticking two fingers up at the PC brigade'? Jesus christ, Bernard Manning would be proud of some of the goons on here.

But anyway, I'm out. Suffice to say, some of the attitudes in this thread have surprised me. From the bloke who casually labelled Fashanu a paedophile to the bloke who labelled all religious folk thick to your 'loveable rogue'.

Racist.

This is it for me. I'd imagine that gay footballers are happy to just get on with playing football and leave it at that.

The biggest danger is an affair or relationship being picked up on and published by the gutter press.

The supporters will use anything that they perceive unsettles the player and this is probably a big fear for them.

No doubt if a player came out you'd be justifying homophobic chants by classing it as "banter" and comparing it Lampard being called fat.

Justin Fashanu didn't kill himself because he was gay. He killed himself because he was a paedophile.

Is that a fact ? 'cos if it ain't, that's worse than calling somebody gay. I know people round here who have left town for being labelled a paedo - some people don't care if it's not true......

I don't care if people or players (LFC included) are gay or not.

I won't be sucking them off !!!!

Can anyone remember that photo of the rugby scrum where one player had his finger up another's arse to the 2nd knuckle ?

He didn't. The age of consent in Maryland is 16. What he was accused of was sexual assault on a 17 year old. Whether it was true or not we'll probably never know.

IS 16.

WAS 18.

Not that the odd hairy fact should bother a nice little bit of prejudicial ranting, but...

The age of sexual consent in the American state of Maryland has been 16 for around a hundred years. The last time the age of consent changed in that state was when it was bumped up from 10 to 16 in the early part of the last century. You appear to be confusing Maryland with the UK, where the age of consent for a good round of bumming went from 18 to 16 in 2003. Which is a bit thick of you, as the UK and America are on opposite ends of the planet and don't even look the same.

In the jurisdiction where the alleged arse-ramming took place, both parties to it were of age. The accusation, which the yank police dismissed for lack of evidence, was that it was non-consensual (which I guess is probably not nearly as much fun).

Would you think it was 'classic' if the same 'humour' was used replacing gays with blacks? My guess is your answer will be no. So why classic?

Racism, homophobia - it's all the domain of bigots and a few people have outed themselves as such in this thread.

Blacks are OK too in my book. I once knew a guy who was black. He wasn't a footballer, but he was a right cock. That probably wasn't because he was black though.

I don't have a problem with gays at all, they just shouldn't really be playing football. It's no more natural for them than it is for women, and no-one can seriously say that women should be playing the game can they?

Blacks are OK too in my book. I once knew a guy who was black. He wasn't a footballer, but he was a right cock. That probably wasn't because he was black though.

I don't have a problem with gays at all, they just shouldn't really be playing football. It's no more natural for them than it is for women, and no-one can seriously say that women should be playing the game can they?

[YOUTUBE]t35GTsTBFnE[/YOUTUBE]