You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police investigating rascist gesture at Anfield

Diddyman

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a run-of-the-mill incident. It should be investigated and any wrongdoing punished but let's not pretend Sky are interested in anything but the tabloid presentation of football. Only controversy and incident are highlighted and debated by them, what has that got to do with football and contests like today which was played in good spirit. Why whip every little thing up until fans are ready for a riot, football deserves better than Sky.

Does anybody really know for certain he was definitely making a monkey gesture?

Thats the only thing I'm confused about.

no but it looks like it and that's all that matters. Another fire has been lit and whether it's put out or not everyone will remember there was a fire.

if he did make that ridiculous racist gesture he should be kicked to death.

seriously I can't believe mutants like this still exist.

no but it looks like it and that's all that matters. Another fire has been lit and whether it's put out or not everyone will remember there was a fire.

if he did make that ridiculous racist gesture he should be kicked to death.

especialy at a game like today when the media will have more eyes on the crowd than on the pitch.

I hate the media, i loathe social networking site's, and im sick to death of all this bollocks.

I've had a huge facebook row today because us 'racist scouse scum' were booing Evra. If this was a one off, i'd be annoyed but i'm getting into arguments constantly because the media drip feed all the clueless dickhead football fans snippets of shite which put us in a bad light, regardless of fact of relevance.

This guy could be putting something in his pocket, he could be coughing, he could be booing, he could be having a tourettes style tick, but because its us - he's being racist.

Im fucking sick of it, my will is seriously being pushed to the limits, as much as i love LFC - i actually actively despise everything else to do with football. I don't know how much more i can take

Well said brother. The media, especially broadcast news - for whatever reason - has become nothing more than the 'daily outrage'. No issues are covered, no enlightenment is given, when was the last time you watched a mainstream news report about anything, be it MRSA, immigration or Afghanistan, and felt any more informed coming out than you did going in? It's just bitesize snippets of anger/ourtage/terror and very little more. It's a disgrace and it's destroying the fabric of society, and I genuinely mean that.

The surprise is that there might have been just one idiot.

This game was a powderkeg, with the potential for considerable further damage for both clubs. Fortunately that potential was not realised.

The cod moralising, from both sets of fans, since the original Suarez incident has not ben particularly edifying.

All of us should be grateful that we have emerged from this game with a win, and no serious incidents to speak of. Perhaps we can get back to speaking about football soon.

How the fuck are you supposed to keep bellends out of a football match? People go to the pictures and act like dicks, people go to the pub and act like dicks, why should a footy match be any different? Are we going to get this 'cops swoop on bellend at match' every fucking game now or what? Let the club handle it, ban him if it's true, but just shut the fuck up about it. It's not 'an issue', it's not Martin Luther King material, it's a bellend in a public place - simple as.

I hate the media, i loathe social networking site's, and im sick to death of all this bollocks.

I've had a huge facebook row today because us 'racist scouse scum' were booing Evra. If this was a one off, i'd be annoyed but i'm getting into arguments constantly because the media drip feed all the clueless dickhead football fans snippets of shite which put us in a bad light, regardless of fact of relevance.

This guy could be putting something in his pocket, he could be coughing, he could be booing, he could be having a tourettes style tick, but because its us - he's being racist.

Im fucking sick of it, my will is seriously being pushed to the limits, as much as i love LFC - i actually actively despise everything else to do with football. I don't know how much more i can take

I know exactly how you feel mate. It's fucking infuriating.

There is absolutely no way of knowing from the photo what this guy is doing. He could be coughing, booing, he could be going 'Ooh' and he could be getting something out of his pocket, scratching himself, readjusting his arms after stretching them out in appeal - anything. If there were monkey chants people would at very least have been looking around in horror. There may be something in it but can't help but think this is an attempt to create a story out of very little.

Why boy, where have you been all of your life? Don't you know that before today no player had ever been booed on a football field?

Find it a bit odd there is no mention of it on the merseyside police site.

The beeb online still has there report of the police looking into it.

I not seen any mention of it on ssn either.

the police have made a statement thanking the vast majority of fans and only 17 fans kicked out of ground,also looking into a picture posted on twitter.

It's a strange picture to have taken. Presumably, if the bloke WAS making the gesture, he would surely have been making it for quite a few seconds before someone noticed it, got their camera and took the image, and unless he suddenly stopped I would have thought someone could have got a full picture of him instead of that single image of one arm and a bit of cardie. Ban the bloke if he really did do it but I'm getting really tired of these cameras scouring the crowd for such idiots. I've seen dolts being stupid in every ground I've ever visited and this obsession with Anfield is ridiculous.

Guest San Don

I saw united fans in the lower centenary side of the Anny Road making aeroplane gestures to us all during the game. Obviously trying to get a 'munich song' response which didnt happen. At the end of the game they were still doing it and a police inspector moved in and had a word.

I dont see how this latest picture proves a fucking thing.