You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

13 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Woodford Reserve is about £5 more a bottle but well worth a go

Black Friday amazon sales are worth a watch next month

I prefer the wild Turkey to Woodford reserve. It's on a par with Maker's Mark for me as the nicest sub £30 bourbon.

21 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The JD Single barrel was surprisingly good, though i think its officially a Tennesse Whiskey and not Bourbon. 

I have quiet a nice mix on my shelf now

42141782_10217499070098037_8024063025730

42681045_10217558319739241_6534701739096

Repped for having angastori bitters in your drinks cabinet, little dash makes all the difference. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Nooooooooooooooooo

Massive fire at the Jim Beam plant in Tennessee. 45,000 barrels of Bourbon lost. Mostly young whiskey. And before anyone says its just Jim Beam it's the same plant that produces Bookers, Basil Hay den and Knob Creek

• 5 months later...
Guest Pistonbroke

@Lee909

Got some of this stuff today, reduced from whatever down to 19.99€ a bottle, plus 2 free Chrystal glasses. Bought three of them, what's the point of just 2 glasses in the drinks cabinet, you need a set of six. Not had this particular JB before so looking forward to getting stuck into it. 

Jim Beam Double Oak Kentucky Straight Bourbon

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

@Lee909

Got some of this stuff today, reduced from whatever down to 19.99€ a bottle, plus 2 free Chrystal glasses. Bought three of them, what's the point of just 2 glasses in the drinks cabinet, you need a set of six. Not had this particular JB before so looking forward to getting stuck into it. 

Jim Beam Double Oak Kentucky Straight Bourbon

Just bought the double oak myself though no glasses. Not opened it yet but saw a Recipee for a old fashioned made with it and peach bitters. 

Just bought myself my Christmas gifts with the money from selling a Nintendo switch. 

Arrives tomorrow 

Oh and this book as I want to start trying my own home blends

Screenshot_20191223_131003.jpg

41XbNl8efXL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Lee's not fucking about is he?

Indeed. Although I'd be miffed if I gave out that much cash and the cheeky cunts charged me for delivery!

BTW, JB Double Oak is a nice drop. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Indeed. Although I'd be miffed if I gave out that much cash and the cheeky cunts charged me for delivery!

BTW, JB Double Oak is a nice drop. 

Delivery was offered free but would take till 27th to get it delivered. Didn't fancy it sitting around a warehouse and getting lost over Xmas and new year so just paid for next day fed ex

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Lee's not fucking about is he?

Ive ended up diving into this shit head first to be honest. I used to just have one whisky/bourbon and one rum on the go but ended up watching a Whisky Tribe video as I wanted a review on sonething I was looking at and ended up hook on the subject and now with cocktails aswell. I don't do much anymore, especially working nights. Sports went out the window a while back as if I can't go all in I'm not interested, and my back and knees are iffy at times. I gave up with doing all that tabletop wargaming stuff as I didn't have the time so I don't do much but cook when I'm off and this is quiet interesting. 

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

41XbNl8efXL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Fat washing? Is this how to use whiskey to get rid of bodies?

Why would you waste whisky when acid will do the same job. 

This explains it

Fat washing alcohol is a simple yet very effective way to infuse alcohol with rich fat-based savory flavor.

https://www.theflavorbender.com/fat-washed-butter-rum-fat-washing-technique/

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Ive ended up diving into this shit head first to be honest. I used to just have one whisky/bourbon and one rum on the go but ended up watching a Whisky Tribe video as I wanted a review on sonething I was looking at and ended up hook on the subject and now with cocktails aswell. I don't do much anymore, especially working nights. Sports went out the window a while back as if I can't go all in I'm not interested, and my back and knees are iffy at times. I gave up with doing all that tabletop wargaming stuff as I didn't have the time so I don't do much but cook when I'm off and this is quiet interesting. 

Everyone needs a hobby mate, keeps the mind active.

I've not really got one myself, well apart from wanking.

• Upvote 1