You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CARLING CUP FINAL

The Chef

---------------------------------Reina---------------------------------

GJ------------------Skrtel------------------Agger-------------Enrique

Downing-----------Gerrard--------------Adam---------------Bellamy

-----------------------Suarez---------Carroll---------------------------

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see the same team as yesterday with Bellamy and Agger in for Downing & Carra. Harsh on Downing, who had the best half of his time with us against Brighton but he's going to need to start showing that form regualary to get in the first XI.

You wouldn't play Spearing?

Nope. 433 with Henderson, Gerrard & Adam in the middle. Suarez and Bellamy flying around off Carroll. It's nothing to do with Spearing's mistake against the mancs, I just feel that side will destroy Cardiff.

Yeah, Henderson, Gerrard, and Adam are likely too much football for Cardiff... but I'm a bit worried about being exposed on the counter attack, which Spearing provides a bit more shield.

Respect for Carling Cup has reaped reward says Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish believes a place in the Carling Cup final is just reward for treating the competition with respect.

The Reds boss, who has routinely named strong sides even against lower-league opposition throughout their run to Wembley, criticised other clubs for fielding weakened teams.

From the start the Scot targeted winning the Carling Cup as an achievable goal and they are within 90 minutes of completing that mission.

Dalglish believes other teams have missed an opportunity to win the first silverware of the season.

"I don't think it (the competition) has regained the credibility from years gone by," said Dalglish.

"I think we have treated it with respect but the teams that have treated it with respect are few and far between.

"We have treated it very seriously. We've used 20-odd players to get there so every member of the squad bar a couple has made a contribution.

"We are grateful to all of them, to the owners and supporters and everyone who has stood by us."

On Sunday Dalglish will lead Liverpool out in their first final since 2007, and their first appearance at Wembley since 1996 in the days of the old stadium, to face npower Championship side Cardiff.

Their last trophy came in 2006 in the FA Cup and in the intervening time the club have dropped out of Champions League contention - even failing to qualify for the Europa League last season - during a turbulent period for the club under the dysfunctional reign of American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Since that duo were replaced by compatriots Fenway Sports Group in October 2010 the club have started to turn things around and that process was accelerated by the return of Dalglish for a second spell in charge just over a year ago and a significant investment in players in 12 months.

And while Dalglish, no stranger to finals as a player at Anfield, will take great satisfaction in leading his team out he insists it is an occasion everyone connected with the club should revel in.

"It means a lot to myself but more importantly it means a lot to a lot of people who have had to endure a few years when we've not been there (to Wembley)," added Dalglish.

"It has been 16 years but there was a wee bit of reconstruction (referring to the building of the new stadium) going on at the time which has not been taken into consideration.

"For everyone who is connected with the club it is just reward for the loyalty and support they have shown.

"We have moved on from where we were last year, progressing in the FA Cup and the final of this cup and are four points behind fourth in place - this time last year we were nowhere near that.

"There is progress being made. For the players it is an indication of how well they have done so everyone is looking forward to it.

"We have a chance so we will do as well as we possibly can and we will try to progress the club and move forward."

Respect for Carling Cup has reaped reward says Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish - FA & League Cups - Football - The Independent

LIVERPOOL fans are encouraged to travel to LONDON EUSTON on the available train services.

If traveling by Virgin train services do not use Watford Junction Station for your forward or return

journey. It is very likely trains to and from that station will be extremely full, especially after the

game has finished. You will have more chance of getting on a train at London Euston.

Passengers arriving at London Euston should walk to Euston Square Underground Station (5

minute walk from Euston Station) and then travel to Wembley Park Underground Station using the

Metropolitan Line. Please allow 45 minutes to reach Wembley Stadium from London Euston.

Passengers returning to London Euston are advised to travel from Wembley Park Underground

Station on the Metropolitan Line to Euston Square Underground Station and take a 5 minute walk

back to London Euston Station then travel on National Rail routes from there. Allow 60 minutes to

travel from Wembley Stadium to London Euston.

All VIRGIN train services between Liverpool Lime Street and London Euston before and after the

match will be subject to alcohol restrictions

Bollocks.

Respect for Carling Cup has reaped reward says Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish believes a place in the Carling Cup final is just reward for treating the competition with respect.

The Reds boss, who has routinely named strong sides even against lower-league opposition throughout their run to Wembley, criticised other clubs for fielding weakened teams.

All very well Kenny saying this, but we didn't have Euro football to play as well.

I must be getting old, as I don't like drinking loads before a game. 2 or 3 pints maximum as I want to enjoy the game. Even when I was a young fella in my 20s I could never understand people arriving at the ground bladdered.

I was at Wolves game, and didn't know fletcher had scored until injury time when I asked why was everybody panicking as we were cruising at 2-0, I was in the jacks for his goal, tis was a hellava day so it was

If anyone is stopping over there are some good deals on this link for hotels, 2 nights for 1 or 35% off. You can also get quite a few in the rooms, and the express ones include breakfasts.

Exclusive Rate

I wish I had seen this sooner...the site is advertising my room £20 cheaper than I paid for it...am currently trying to negotiate. That's a healthy round, even at London prices