You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CARLING CUP FINAL

The Chef

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 lads from my town, who have never been to a game in their life were in the Kop on Saturday. I know this because I play footy with one of them. Speaks volumes.

the fact that other "regulars" couldnt be arsed allowed the carling cup game to become a free for all

3 lads from my town, who have never been to a game in their life were in the Kop on Saturday. I know this because I play footy with one of them. Speaks volumes.

That's the downside (for local supporters) and upside (if you're the club) with being a global club/brand though, isn't it? There are literally millions of people out there waiting for a chance to watch their first match at Anfield. If you're travelling from far away (not like your mates I suppose) and you are planning on doing this once or twice in your lifetime, you wouldn't want it to be a meaningless (e.g basically any league game played between February-May the last 15 seasons) encounter with Wigan or Blackburn, would you? Sure, it would be a great experience, but if you put in another 100£ to the 5 or 600 you've already shelled out, you could watch a classic encounter between us and our bitterest rivals. I know what I would do...

• 2 weeks later...

My mate text he this morning saying to have a look on the FA website because there might be club wembley tickets available, I'm not sure how much they will be, another thing is we might have extra tickets because Cardiff are struggling to sell their allocation, they are on general sale everyday this week.

My mate text he this morning saying to have a look on the FA website because there might be club wembley tickets available' date=' I'm not sure how much they will be, another thing is we might have extra tickets because Cardiff are struggling to sell their allocation, they are on general sale everyday this week.[/quote']

I saw that. STH were eligible to buy 2 tickets. How can that be fair?

Do either of you have a link for this? Just had a look and can't see anything.

Do either of you have a link for this? Just had a look and can't see anything.

I saw this last week before the ballot when I was looking at the option of buying tickets in the Cardiff section. I'll go back and see what I can find

Sorry mate, thought you were on about the FA website thingy that Molbys Belly was on about.

If he has a link to the FA site that's selling them, (I've looked high & low and couldn't find anything) I know a few lads who'd find it useful.

Sorry mate, thought you were on about the FA website thingy that Molbys Belly was on about.

If he has a link to the FA site that's selling them, (I've looked high & low and couldn't find anything) I know a few lads who'd find it useful.

I've gone back and had a look too. Info on Wembley and Cardiff sites unchanged since last time I looked with nothing to suggest spare capacity being made available for general sale but if anyone else knows different I'm sure there's loads who'd like to hear