Quantcast
Aurora Borealis - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Paulie Dangerously

Aurora Borealis

When anyone mentions Aurora Borealis I can't think of anything else but Skinner and him cooking steamed hams for Supernintendo Chalmers.

• Upvote 1

Been looking myself, are you supposed to look northward? I've just tried that and all I can see is my neighbours wall and Tesco's.

Well you aren't going to see it if you look downwards.

Hopefully getting to see it in Iceland tonight. Win

I saw them a couple of years ago in Iceland, fucking amazing enjoy!

Are you taking the tours out?

We had the most cynical bus driver/tour guide in the world. He hated the English for what they did to the Icelandic banks and made sure we all knew it.

Should of been going last month with The future Mrs S, but couldn't because of her bump.

I saw them a couple of years ago in Iceland, fucking amazing enjoy!

Are you taking the tours out?

We had the most cynical bus driver/tour guide in the world. He hated the English for what they did to the Icelandic banks and made sure we all knew it.

Should of been going last month with The future Mrs S, but couldn't because of her bump.

Yeah on a tour as I type. Heavy snow last day or so, so bit disrupted. But then what else can you expect in Iceland in January. Amazing country though

Yeah on a tour as I type. Heavy snow last day or so, so bit disrupted. But then what else can you expect in Iceland in January. Amazing country though

I love Iceland.

Can't wait to go back and see the weirdness of the whole country again. They still believe in elves for fucks sake.

Have you eaten far to much Cucumber yet? It all they served when we were there because they were so proud they could grow it in their poly-tunnels.

Fuck paying £7 for a can of beer again though, I'll stock up on duty free next time.

I love Iceland.

Can't wait to go back and see the weirdness of the whole country again. They still believe in elves for fucks sake.

Have you eaten far to much Cucumber yet? It all they served when we were there because they were so proud they could grow it in their poly-tunnels.

Fuck paying £7 for a can of beer again though, I'll stock up on duty free next time.

Haven't found it ridiculously expensive, but its not cheap and certainly more than the UK. I thought I was gonna get my pants pulled down for a beer though alá Tokyo/Helsinki. It been 800 kr (£4.40) a pint in pubs/bars so far.

Mostly just ate fish so far but yeah they are proud of their greenhouse veggies

Kp5 now predicted to be 7 our 8, if was clear would have a chance, last night tho, thats the news day late, maxed out at kp3 last night, Night before tho was visible in Cumbria Yorkshire and north and so on.

pmapN.gif

Edited by lfcwonderboy1

Guest ShoePiss
Kp5 now predicted to be 7 our 8, if was clear would have a chance, last night tho, thats the news day late, maxed out at kp3 last night, Night before tho was visible in Cumbria Yorkshire and north and so on.

pmapN.gif

And to think you actually edited that.

What the hell are you talking about!

I've got to admit, I'm not even remotely interested/excited about any of this.

I think it's more serious than just looking at fancy lights in the night sky. The sun has given the earths magnetosphere an absolute battering in the last few days. Although its a natural occurrence, strong coronal mass ejections have wiped out power grids in recent times.

NASA scientists have also said in the past that an X class solar flare directed at the Earth, could knock us back into the stone ages, by rendering all electronics useless. It's also thought that a solar flare was the cause of Mars losing its earth like atmosphere.

• Upvote 1