You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aurora Borealis

Paulie Dangerously

Hopefully getting to see it in Iceland tonight. Win

I saw them a couple of years ago in Iceland, fucking amazing enjoy!

Are you taking the tours out?

We had the most cynical bus driver/tour guide in the world. He hated the English for what they did to the Icelandic banks and made sure we all knew it.

Should of been going last month with The future Mrs S, but couldn't because of her bump.

I saw them a couple of years ago in Iceland, fucking amazing enjoy!

Are you taking the tours out?

We had the most cynical bus driver/tour guide in the world. He hated the English for what they did to the Icelandic banks and made sure we all knew it.

Should of been going last month with The future Mrs S, but couldn't because of her bump.

Yeah on a tour as I type. Heavy snow last day or so, so bit disrupted. But then what else can you expect in Iceland in January. Amazing country though

Yeah on a tour as I type. Heavy snow last day or so, so bit disrupted. But then what else can you expect in Iceland in January. Amazing country though

I love Iceland.

Can't wait to go back and see the weirdness of the whole country again. They still believe in elves for fucks sake.

Have you eaten far to much Cucumber yet? It all they served when we were there because they were so proud they could grow it in their poly-tunnels.

Fuck paying £7 for a can of beer again though, I'll stock up on duty free next time.

I love Iceland.

Can't wait to go back and see the weirdness of the whole country again. They still believe in elves for fucks sake.

Have you eaten far to much Cucumber yet? It all they served when we were there because they were so proud they could grow it in their poly-tunnels.

Fuck paying £7 for a can of beer again though, I'll stock up on duty free next time.

Haven't found it ridiculously expensive, but its not cheap and certainly more than the UK. I thought I was gonna get my pants pulled down for a beer though alá Tokyo/Helsinki. It been 800 kr (£4.40) a pint in pubs/bars so far.

Mostly just ate fish so far but yeah they are proud of their greenhouse veggies

Guest ShoePiss
Kp5 now predicted to be 7 our 8, if was clear would have a chance, last night tho, thats the news day late, maxed out at kp3 last night, Night before tho was visible in Cumbria Yorkshire and north and so on.

pmapN.gif

And to think you actually edited that.

I've got to admit, I'm not even remotely interested/excited about any of this.

I think it's more serious than just looking at fancy lights in the night sky. The sun has given the earths magnetosphere an absolute battering in the last few days. Although its a natural occurrence, strong coronal mass ejections have wiped out power grids in recent times.

NASA scientists have also said in the past that an X class solar flare directed at the Earth, could knock us back into the stone ages, by rendering all electronics useless. It's also thought that a solar flare was the cause of Mars losing its earth like atmosphere.

• Upvote 1