Quantcast
Online Stock Broker - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
r.ryder23

Online Stock Broker

Hi,

Looking into investing in some shares - can anyone here recommend an online stock broker?

Trusted firm, easy to make trades with low price per trade etc?

looking at opening an account with svs securities at the moment

thanks

ok thanks will check it out.

any stock tips? ;)

Diversify portfolio, buy low and sell high. Haha I am just getting started myself and only bought one stock so far. Next I am looking at an oil/related services company. Seasoned brokers, tips will be appreciated

Texan sweet oil, Brent crude, heating oil, natural gas, gold, silver, copper. Exciting but risky business and fluctuates a lot with global affairs.

You forgot orange juice futures.

Trading-Places-p05.jpg

You forgot orange juice futures.

Trading-Places-p05.jpg

I chortled, bro. Incidentally, there has just been some weird fungal disease across the south-east USA orange crop that has really ruined it. Folks who have invested in non-US orange futures have just made a ton of money!

I've just opened a Forex account, not a huge amount of money deposited, but not tiny either. 

Thought I'd give it a bash. Will steer well clear of commodities and just go shares. Have yet to really get involved in the learning. 

Anyone else using Forex? Any horror stories/success stories?

Ta

I've just opened a Forex account, not a huge amount of money deposited, but not tiny either. 

Thought I'd give it a bash. Will steer well clear of commodities and just go shares. Have yet to really get involved in the learning. 

Ta

Throw it all on black 

You only need £60 to open an account mate.

You then get a "virtual" account with 5000 dollars in it so you can pretend for a while and get used to trading and how it works.

Ta

AIM will give you horror\success stories. I've made thousands in minutes and lost it just as quickly.

If you want a more stress free career in shares then stick to well known names and invest long term. If you want to try to make yourself rich then have ago in the AIM market but be warned, it is the Wild West in there and you will most likely lose your money, especially at first so don't invest cash that you can't afford to lose.

And the best tip - don't believe anyone about a share. Always research any company and don't invest unless you are sure you know what you are doing.

AIM will give you horror\success stories. I've made thousands in minutes and lost it just as quickly.

If you want a more stress free career in shares then stick to well known names and invest long term. If you want to try to make yourself rich then have ago in the AIM market but be warned, it is the Wild West in there and you will most likely lose your money, especially at first so don't invest cash that you can't afford to lose.

And the best tip - don't believe anyone about a share. Always research any company and don't invest unless you are sure you know what you are doing.

This.  I gave 'advice' on joining the online game once.  Never again.