You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Driving lessons in Liverpool

PaulMcC

Anyone reccomend a driving instructor in Liverpool that's reasonably priced, or ideally do good deals for new customers.

There's loads online but reading reviews of them make them sound dodgy.

There's one place called Driving Dynamics that offer 10 hours for 100 quid but you've ring a call centre to book lessons, can't ring the intructor direct and there's loads of bad reviews online.

You get what you pay for with driving lessons. £21 is the going rate per hour for a fully qualified ADI. In fact, when you consider how much they earn offset against petrol costs, insurance, franchise fees, tax, the hours they're not working and car maintenance - £21 is ridiculously cheap.

Don't be fooled by offers i.e. 10 free lessons, £10 per hour etc. They need to have a Pink Badge on their windscreen and Level 6 ADI qualification or they are not good enough, simple as.

I recently went with a place called the driving academy. Ad was in the echo. I think it was £130 for 10 lessons.

The standard of teaching was really good. Started learning in May/June Passed on my 2nd go in October. Think I had about 15hours of lessons in total with them (i'd had about half a dozen lessons 10 years ago too).

The deal was decent, the teaching was good. Pretty good value all round I thought. To be honest, the price of learning is pretty insignificant because as soon as you pass the cost of running a car is fucking crazy!

I recently went with a place called the driving academy. Ad was in the echo. I think it was £130 for 10 lessons.

The standard of teaching was really good. Started learning in May/June Passed on my 2nd go in October. Think I had about 15hours of lessons in total with them (i'd had about half a dozen lessons 10 years ago too).

The deal was decent, the teaching was good. Pretty good value all round I thought. To be honest, the price of learning is pretty insignificant because as soon as you pass the cost of running a car is fucking crazy!

Did you have to pay all that upfront? Bit dodgy if you think your instructor is crap after doing one or two lessons.

Did you have to pay all that upfront? Bit dodgy if you think your instructor is crap after doing one or two lessons.

Yeah I paid it upfront. There's a load of different drivers you can go with who all work for the same organisation.

Infact, I was 4 lessons in and my regular instructor went away for 2 weeks holiday, I just called up the main office and they arranged for another instructor - i was given the option to include it as part of my 10 hours or I could pay extra and just keep the 10 hour deal with my original instructor.

Each instructor I had were both good.

When you ring up they'll normally look at which divers they have who work in your area and will call them on your behalf to see if they want the work. Then the instructor will contact you directly to arrange lesson times etc and any future contact is just between you and the drivers. You don't need to deal with the main office after that initial phonecall.

• 6 years later...

Just a little head's up to let you all know that a Motorway Regulations Amendment was laid before Parliament today that will allow learner drivers onto the motorway from the 4th June. Just one more hazard to avoid...